it's over **SU**

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

budman
one of us
one of us

it's over **SU**

Post by budman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:30 am

a little while ago i tried to do it, but i thought about all my friends, and i couldnt pull the trigger, what can i do to get this off my mind, because im ready to go through with it, and i fear that it wont be long before i actually, someone please help me.

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:10 am

Call someone, get out of the house, get away from the gun...do whatever you have to do to stay safe. You can always go to the hospital...your life is worth fighting for. Don't give up!
You can do this...
Sending strength and prayers for you! Don't give up!

JustLonelyMe
one of us
one of us

Post by JustLonelyMe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:20 am

Im sorry budman. I wish I could give you some advice to help but Im on the same track right now. Just try to stay distracted and not think about it and get away from the gun. Please dont do anything.... Im here if you need to talk. Pm me if you want to.
:star: JLM

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:32 pm

hi again,
things seem quite serious for you at present. can you call a hot line?
you asked about how to get it off your mind. to be brutally frank with you, you can decide to just not think about it i.e. remove it as an option to deal with how your feeling. that sounds cold, uncaring and harsh, but thinking about hurting yourself feeds on itself and it gets bigger and bigger until you can't quite see what's going on.

in your other post you posted about not being able to get over someone you loved. that must be painful and soul destroying. have you tried drawing out exactly how the pain feels? lots of people find it very difficult to get over something like this. but they do in the end, and perhaps bearing in mind that this can be worked through might help. pain doesn't last forever, sounds untrue, but it shifts slowly and you can feel differently. try and reach out to those who care about you.
take care,
limestone :star:

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:36 pm

Hi, its been a while since you posted this - did you manage to get hold of someone? Please spend time with people when you feel like this. Don't isolate yourself.

You need to think of something else, do something else and talk about other things as well. It is hard to get those thoughts out of your head - often talking about them does help.
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker