feelings

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

budman
one of us
one of us

feelings

Post by budman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:58 am

what is there to do when i have this depressing feeling, a few minutes ago i was happy, but now im just depressed all over again. im not self injuring, i dont want to, i guess that i feel lonely. i want to get over a girl, but i love her so much that shes all i think about, how do i get her off of my mind, and move on with my life. i dont want nobody else, but i know i need to move on, what do i do.

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: feelings

Post by Space_Man » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:04 pm

budman wrote:i want to get over a girl,...i know i need to move on, what do i do.
Mourn the end of the relationship…I’m sorry to say, but just as if this girl had died. Then, when your process of grieving has reached its end, you will be able to “move-on” in a more realistic manner.

spent
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by spent » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:46 am

how do i get her off of my mind
don't feel bad about feeling bad. even months after my breakup the thought of it would make me cry, and i didn't even want to be with him anymore. space_man's right; you just have to go through an emotional process. i promise it starts hurting less -- it just takes time. in the meantime, staying busy, and spending time with other people helps.