After post

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

After post

Post by VowsOfSadness » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:01 pm

have you taken care of your physiacl wounds? if not, go do that now. we'll wait.
yes

what had happened just before?
I was in the shower and I turned up the music so I couldn't hear my mum and dad yeling

what were you thinking and feeling?
Thinking there was too mach yelling in my head that I wasn't able to deal with crying and way too depressed overload

why did you end up hurting yourself then instead of some other time? was there an event that was teh final straw? what was it?
other times it wasn't everyone they just wouldn't stop yellling and the music was up and there was too much noise in my head

how did the situation get to the final straw stage? trace it back through the events thatled up to the last event. look for some point at which you could have made a different decisiona nd not arrived at the final straw.
-----mom yelled at me and then my dad started calling me stupid so I turned up the music and kept crying then he kept saying, "your so stupid, do you understand?" Then I cryed and fell down in the tub, and cried and I took my dad's old razor and took out the blade and wiped off some old rust and cut like normal but it was way too deep because I was in the hot shower.

were there outside factors like drugs, alsohol, being off your meds, lack of sleep, etc? can you address those in the future? how?
no drugs, off meds (I HAVE ANOTHER POST ABOUT IT) not sleep

what other ways of coping did you try besides self-harm? how well did they work?
crying, music, wrist-banging (is that another self-injry?)

in retrospect, are there coping methods that you now realize might have helped? what were they?
none I don't think I had been si free for about a week and it was the onlything I could do

name at least two things you will do to help yourself remember those coping methods if you end up in this situation again.
Fine, I will use a gumband (worked before0 and I will fill out a before.

how do you feel about the situation that led to self-harm now? is it resolved? if not, what are some steps you might take toward resolution?
I had to do it. I'll try not to again. I hate my dad and I'll never talk to him.

are you likely to be in that emotional place again? how will you recognize it when you're in that situation?
YES when dad starts yelling

what will you try before you resort to self-harm if you're in that situation again? list three specific things you will commit to trying.
try gumband or try call "support Friend"
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!