Old habity die hard, as hard as I do.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Midnight Tigress
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Old habity die hard, as hard as I do.

Post by Midnight Tigress » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:38 pm

Well, this time I made it 129 days but then stuff, as usual, just piled up and became too much for me to handle.
Some of the big things that probably brought the SI when it did would be my continual loss of everyone and everyone close to me, the fact that I love my one best friend so much and want to be more with her, but she dosn't, didn't give us a chance, and is thinking about dating a male friend of ours that feels the same way about her as I do but she dosn't know what she should do about it, that she's gone back to smoking because of the stress but she yells that I'm not allowed to cut because it does more dammage, an d just a whole bunch of other shit that's going on in my head and in my life.
Therapist visits don't seem to be doing anything anymore for my depression, and though I'm a little better on my meds, it still won't end!
On top of all of this when I SI, I feel like a horrable friend, and a horrable person because knowing I've SIed upsets what friends are left.
I just feel like they, and everyone else, INCLUDING ME, would be happier if I let myself bleed out...
so weak...

"I hurt myself today,
to see if I still feel.
I focus on the pain,
the only thing that's real..."

~NIN, Hurt

Space_Man
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Re: Old habity die hard, as hard as I do.

Post by Space_Man » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:11 pm

Midnight Tigress wrote:I love my one best friend so much and want to be more with her, but she doesn’t didn't give us a chance, and is thinking about dating a male friend of ours…
That must be a very difficult situation….
Midnight Tigress wrote:…she's gone back to smoking because of the stress but she yells that I'm not allowed to cut because it does more damage…
I realize that her intentions were good, but smoking & cutting aren’t quite on equal levels…
Midnight Tigress wrote:I just feel like they, and everyone else, INCLUDING ME, would be happier if I let myself bleed out...
But, for just a moment, can you pause to imagine the grief you would cause your family & friends…?

mallie
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by mallie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:01 pm

129 days is a long time. You coped for that long, that is something to be pleased with.

Letting yourself bleed out won't help anybody. Not you, and not your friends. It is worth keeping fighting to keep going.

Trying to work out exactly what is bothering you is a good idea. What is it about your best friend that is a problem ? That you can't be with her, or that she wants to see someone else ? Have you spoken about this properly with her ?

Your friend telling you that you cannot cut because it does more damage than smoking is a bit out of line. Yelling at you about that is not going to do you any good, and is hardly a supportive attitude.

Have you told your therapist that you think its not helping anymore ? Maybe you need to try something different there. If you think it isn't helping you, its worth raising the issue with your T and seeing if there is something else you can do there. It is definately worth a try.

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Re: Old habity die hard, as hard as I do.

Post by limestone » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:55 pm

Midnight Tigress wrote:...
Therapist visits don't seem to be doing anything anymore for my depression, and though I'm a little better on my meds, it still won't end!
how do you know it won't end? :uhhh:
Midnight Tigress wrote:...On top of all of this when I SI, I feel like a horrable friend, and a horrable person because knowing I've SIed upsets what friends are left.
I just feel like they, and everyone else, INCLUDING ME, would be happier if I let myself bleed out...
I don't understand your connection between si'ing and being a good friend. A good friend will not make you feel guilty if you hurt yourself but will try to help you see that you are worth not hurting yourself.

how will you be happier? I don't understand that either. because if you weren't here how will get to see things change, huh? Plus you're not a sink :o and if you were, what would it be that is inside of you that you wish to get rid of? :uhhh: