starting out fresh *SI*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

talkingtomyself
growing roots
growing roots

starting out fresh *SI*

Post by talkingtomyself » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:49 am

last time i went 12 days without SI the i went into a downward spiral...and ended up ctting pretty bad...now since yesterday im oficially i 1/2 days SI free..i kno its not alot....but we all have to start somewhere!!!! thank u for giving me suggestions...this board seems to be a great one....im starting to learn that there are other ways to cope and even if they include crying..thats ok.......i also talked to my mom for w while and come to find out...it helped...akot....also posting on bus helped..and i also decided to finally make a comitment to break away from the person who triggers my SI most.....and it actually made me feel good to say that :wink: im really proud of myself even though i still have urges and depressed( but i have clinical depression so ive accpeted that it will never gp away)... im going to my doctor tomorrow and seeing if i can get my meds changed....well any other suggestions on coping are always weslcome!!

Sorry htis post is so long!!
:star: :star: :star:
"Ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out...I wish I knew."

3 years SI free :smile:
My Place, replies, hugs, stars welcome.
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... 52#3597152

moreoutoflife
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by moreoutoflife » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:58 pm

Hi,

I might have another suggestion which I only gathered enough courage today for.... never been attempted before.... well, we're known for not being very successful at doing this.... but you can always try.

Today at 2pm I screamed out loud, as loud as I ever did in my entire life and as loud as I think anyone else ever did in their entire life (I'm sure I'll get evicted soon as well).

It worked - my ears are still ringing, and I have a huuuuge headache, but everything else is still in place, unharmed by my aggressiveness.

Good luck!

Shayla.

p.s: I'm glad you decided not to surround yourself with people who trigger off SI - no one should push you in that direction, it should be the other way around.

Anyway, feel free to pm me if you need to talk.

Take care

:multi:
I want to be free, I want to live forever, I want to know myself and be proud of myself!!!

marylou
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by marylou » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:58 pm

No suggestions, just a great big CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sounds like you're really making progress and turning your life around, well done! :D
"You loosen my chains and just ask me to trust you. But it's so much easier this way, even though I know that I am bound."