wondering about diagnosis... *si and ed*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

BlueChloe
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

wondering about diagnosis... *si and ed*

Post by BlueChloe » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:54 am

hello...

i was just thinking today about some things that i've been struggling with for a while now and then wondered how it exactly related to my depression. i was diagnosed with severe depression this summer, and i can definitely see that i was depressed and still am somewhat. after being on medication and seeing a therapist, things have been better i think, but stuff has been lingering.

often i'll have intense urges to cut or binge. i'll get really jittery and nervous or anxious and feel like i have to cut or eat to calm down or feel better. i just don't know what to do with myself. i didn't know if this was specifically linked to the depression. because now they feel somewhat separate. i mean, i did these things when i was seriously depressed, but now sometimes it feels like they are related to something else.

i'm also having trouble finding a way to cope with these intense feelings that come over me at least once a day...

does anyone relate or am i just losing my mind? :-?

~chloe

i totally relate...

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:44 am

i totally and completely relate. is what they sound like(the jitteryness, nervousness, and anxiousness) is whithdral symptoms. i mean i went from si'ing everyday to like maybe twice a month. i've been si'ing for almost four years and i think that when you go from doing something for that long, it's inevidable that you are going to have withdral symptoms. i feel that it is alittle bit linked to your depression because some days/moments are going to be more challanging that others. your going to have days where you just want to si so incredibly bad and absolutly everything triggers you. then you'll have days where you probably only have one thought of si and it's just a fleeding one. all i can really tell you on how to handle these feelings is that it's going to take time. i hate bing told that cause i'm the typ of person where i just want things done pronto, but it is so true. time is the remedy. i would also suggest that you keep seeing a therapist, and getting your feelings/thoughts out instead of keeping them inside. i wish you the best of luck!!!!! have a wonderful turkey day!!!! much love...

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:32 am

I completely relate :1hug:
Soz I don't really know what to say... But I relate and I'm here :1hug:
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

i_have_a_secret
creating your space
creating your space

Post by i_have_a_secret » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:43 am

i was diagonesed with biopolar disorder and some time SI is apart of being Biopolar
i_have_a_secret
Hang my head low 'cause it's part of me
Ya hardly see right next to the heart of me
Heard of me the routine scar
New cuts cover where the old ones are
I can't stand the sandpaper thoughts that grade away on my sanity
Cut myself free willingly through
Stop just what's killing me

aroobixcube
creating your space
creating your space

Post by aroobixcube » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:39 pm

it may work that your depression comes from the other issues you have? for example i have anxiety disorders which have caused the depression i now have, the anxiety casued SI which casued depreion, does that make sense, so perhaps your other issues are what casue the depression???
We learn who we are as the result of coming to terms with our experiences, combining them with the beliefs and attitudes that we have gained from others.

http://reccuperation.tripod.com

support for Self-harmers and their friends and relatives.