New, Need Some Help **SI warning

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

GrassHopper
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

New, Need Some Help **SI warning

Post by GrassHopper » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:14 am

Hey im new to bus (18 yr old male from ont,canada, burner)i found bus in my search for help/support from others like myself. Id been SI free for almost 6 months but the past week or so ive felt the distink need to Si. I finaly gave into the urge on monday night and the urge has been consuming me all day today. Ive tried all the tricks cold shower, rubber band, ice but nothing seems to be working. But this gets to my point does anyone have any advice on something i can do to help calm the urge?? :(

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:48 am

hey there... welcome to bus. :cowsleep:

there's a sticky at the top of this forum called "151 things to do before you si". you might find something helpful there.

try giving yourself a time limit. say to yourself, "if i still feel this bad in an hour, then i can si". wait that time, and if you still do, try it again. see how long you can make it.

sorry i don't have many words or much advice tonight. good luck, and stay safe.

love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

sassy koala
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by sassy koala » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:53 pm

hey! welcome to bus! have a :moove: <-- you're offical welcome gift

i hope you find what you need here

SK

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Re: New, Need Some Help **SI warning

Post by limestone » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 pm

GrassHopper wrote:...Ive tried all the tricks cold shower, rubber band, ice but nothing seems to be working. But this gets to my point does anyone have any advice on something i can do to help calm the urge??
you mentioned that you'd tried coping things - but I was wondering, you know when you've tried them did you match them to how you were feeling? e.g. if you want to feel physical pain then ice will work pretty damn good as it hurts. if you want to get all the frustration/anger and the nasty stuff you can't even comphrend let alone willing to feel then art: pastels, red paint, something that will make a big impact might be more appropriate. This isn't my idea, it's from the secret shame site. if you need to talk to someone then maybe calling a hotline or friend might 'fit the urge' better than say ice as ice can't talk to you I'm afraid, it sits there looking a bit droopy and then just disappears. A person on the phone may disappear after your conversation but if the person helping you was good, like real good then they will stay with you after you put that phone down.

welcome - hope you find what you need here
:blush: