how do you cope at night time?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

how do you cope at night time?

Post by angelic212 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:32 am

i was wondering since there are many of us that have a hard time coping at night time when everyone else is asleep , some of us stay up late cause we cant sleep cause of insomnia or cause we are having a hard time and i wanted to make this post for everyone to come up with ideas for coping at night time so we can come to this post and take a look at the suggestions that are added here . kind of like a reminder to have this post as a way to cope knowing that we are not alone. so how do you cope at night time ?

love always maria

darkrose
growing roots
growing roots

Post by darkrose » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:44 am

well I don't know how well my coping techniques are for other people but at night it helps me to read a scary book....not other kinds, just scary. Writing also helps me....writing letters to people (you know the kind that you'll never send). And singing along to music....but that is hard to do when others are home because I might wake them.

-darkrose
I wonder how many people are saying "fine" when they're not.

I think that from now on I'm going to look a little bit deeper...because I'm not the only one.

mystikshine13
building community
building community

Post by mystikshine13 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:47 am

I listen to music. Watch movies. Do homework that I was most likely procrastinating about.

mystikshine13
building community
building community

Post by mystikshine13 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:49 am

I listen to music. Watch movies. Do homework that I was most likely procrastinating about.

treesleeper
building community
building community

Post by treesleeper » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:15 am

For me, long nights are good for diving into things that are too time-consuming to do during the day. Clean out my closet, put pictures in an album, make pretty "I love you" cards to send to friends. It helps to focus on a task that requires my full attention, instead of letting myself lie in bed and mull over bad feelings.

Oh, and I also have an Eddie Izzard video that makes me laugh my ass off every time I see it. (If you're not into Eddie Izzard, you should be! He's friggin hilarious!) :lol:
You're bound to lose if you let the blues get you scared to feel. -Joni Mitchell

my_hell
one of us
one of us

Post by my_hell » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:20 am

i work on writing my poems

listen to music

read

watch a film

go online

{{ silent scream }}
growing roots
growing roots

Post by {{ silent scream }} » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:24 pm

i try and blast music as loud as i can into my ears,
to try and block the sound of my own thoughts.

this may sound a littl crazy, but ive done it my whole life aparently,
i likew to gently rock with my eyes closed....humming. i find it very relaxing....
( i know i sound autistic)
i wish i were beautiful

i wish i were thin.........

** please dont hug me **

TwistedVision
creating your space
creating your space

Post by TwistedVision » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:39 am

only things that i know to do at night are:

~write in my online journel [all those random things i cant tell ANYONE in person, and couldnt even put in writing if someone i knew might find it...]
~play along to songs with my guitar unpluged.... ussually while upset or whatnot i play either real good, or real bad, and if i can easily tell im doing bad it makes it worse, not having it plugged in seems to cover it up a bit lol
~read comics, or anything funny that i can find
~and of course forums and chat rooms just to find someone to talk to [hint hint]

*Carly*
building community
building community

Post by *Carly* » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:34 am

I stay online for hours,purely so i'm not 'alone'.
I text people,random shit,but they reply and I feel someone cares even if they don't.
<center>i don't believe that it's a failing.
i don't believe that it's a fault.
cos' if everything were plain sailing.
oh tell me,what would there be left to exault?
</center>

J_R
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by J_R » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:12 pm

treesleeper wrote:Oh, and I also have an Eddie Izzard video that makes me laugh my ass off every time I see it. (If you're not into Eddie Izzard, you should be! He's friggin hilarious!) :lol:
Oh, god yes. He is awesome.

"I like my coffee like I like my women; hot and strong. With a spoon in them."

On topic: There's a 24 hour Starbucks not too far from my house. I like to go and get a cup of coffee and sit and read. There's usually a few people around, which helps (but not too many, which also helps). In the same shopping center, there's a 24 hour grocery store. Sometimes I'll wander around in there for a while.
"And is there not perhaps something amiss?" says the World - William S. Burroughs

sassy koala
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by sassy koala » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:52 pm

i'll watch tv, read, go online
sometimes i'll put on a movie that I know puts me to sleep, just for that :)
that pretty much covers it. :)
sk

houou
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by houou » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:45 pm

those are some great suggestions, but it's still hard once you decide to lie down and try to sleep. as dorky as this is going to sound, my counselor told me to sleep with a stuffed animal. it actually helps. my boyfriend works the midnight shift, so i'm home all alone at night, and of course that's when things are the worst. i sleep with my stuffed cow and my cat. oh, petting an animal always helps! :bcatsmile: