Im new to here and si..

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

depressed_but_happy
one of us
one of us

Im new to here and si..

Post by depressed_but_happy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Hi. Im helen and im new to here and si. Ive only cut once, and i dont know why i did.. should i even be here if im not a regular si-er? i cant even put my problems into words. i cant talk bout anythin coz im always givin everyone advice and they would get all upset if they knew i was sad...

anyway, is this normal? Im 14, btw... I'd like to make some friends here.

:bcatsmile: :uhhh: :bcatsmile:

tainted love
settling in
settling in

Post by tainted love » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:05 pm

:bluestar: welcome! :bluestar:

i don't think there's anything wrong with you being here, unless you think it will trigger you to cut more. since it was your first cut, it would be much easier to stop now.

i don't mind you being here, but it would be best if you got help before it turns into a bigger problem. sorry if i sound unwelcoming, i don't mean to be. :D
.you are the perfect drug.

veggiegurl
one of us
one of us

Hi

Post by veggiegurl » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:02 am

We all started with the first cut. You are only 14. Tell someone. An adult, not a peer. They are not equipped to help you. Talk to your parents, a teacher, school counselor, a hotliine, someone who can help you get the help you need. If being here isn't triggering, then by all means, stay. And as hard as it is you have to tell someone. Don't let it get to where you can't stop.
I'm smiling on the outside

fallenshadows
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by fallenshadows » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:45 am

We indeed all start with a cut, and you are welcome here, even if it only was one cut, everyone is super friendly here adn willing to help you out are talk if you want someone to talk to, Im usually around too if you need to chat.
I hope you can find comfort here
we all die alone
I choose to live alone

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:35 pm

It doesn't matter how many times you've SI'd, even an urge is serious.
I have'nt even SI'd very much but BUS is really good.
That's what I thought when I first joined: why am I here I don't SI much? But now I've learnt that even the smallest cut is dangerous.
Aanyway, hope things are OK.

Good luck, hope you feel better!
Love,
Hannah :):):)
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:31 pm

Hey, you are welcome here :) :moo:
If you haven't cut much though do be careful when you come here as it can trigger. Try to read posts that are less triggery if you can. I also went to the net the first time I cut and I am not sure even now whether it was a good decision - its helped in a lot of ways and I got the info I felt I needed at teh time, but at the same time I learnt some stuff I might have been better off never knowing. Do take care. If you can tell someone and get help early then try to do that - right now you need a lot of support from as many places as you can get it.

:moo: :moo: :moo:
hang in there
Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker