I feel alone out here *SI/LANGUAGE*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Jtcg
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

I feel alone out here *SI/LANGUAGE*

Post by Jtcg » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:23 am

So hi...I am posting this here because the other boards I read seem like the younger set...

I started SI at 14...and at 18 I found the BDSM community and threw myself into masochistic behavior...all the while being *proud* that my SI happened less and less frequently...in the last 5 years I have had 3 mental health detours (my term for hospital stays) I am now 23 years old, haven't "played" (in a masochistic sense) in over a year, or cut either...again proud of myself...but I just learned that the "grooming" I do nightly to my face/breasts/genitals/whole body really...where I remove errant hairs. other blemishes, real or imagined....is also considered SI...I know that the scars from this nightly ritual are unattractive...and some I am pretty sure are permanent but it seems impossible to get away from the SI mindset. I know I am not the only SI'er in the world. but it seems difficult to find someone my age or older that is still struggling with this...I know they must be out there...I put this under coping because my best coping mechanism is TALKING...it would just be nice to feel less alone...I am not articulating very well. I need to go to bed I have work in the morning...I guess my question is if anyone else has found themselves dealing with SI feelings through BDSM interaction or these “grooming” sessions and how you feel the health of it relates to straight out SI…

Keep breathing,
Maggie

*Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe-Maroon 5*
Keep Breathing, It's important,
Maggie

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:09 pm

There are quite a few topics about BDSM and SI around, let me have a dig and see if I can find them for you.

I haven't met you before, so welcome to bus btw. :)

Jtcg
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Jtcg » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:45 pm

ok i tired this once...lets see if this works..

it is nice to meet you!
Keep Breathing, It's important,
Maggie