IM NEW AND I JUST CUT FOR NO REASON I DONT UNDERSTAND

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

pookietay
one of us
one of us

IM NEW AND I JUST CUT FOR NO REASON I DONT UNDERSTAND

Post by pookietay » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:01 am

I stopped cutting for like a month and i just did it for no reason can someone help me understand :bcatsmile: :uhhh:
WHO NEEDS FRIENDS WHEN YOUR HOT

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Lyndsie » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:07 am

Your only human. people slip and make mistakes. Stopping cutting is hard!!! Really hard sometimes. I don't really know what else to say.
Did somethings set you off?
Was their a reason why you cut?

beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by 8586 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:14 am

Maybe deep down your reason was that things just weren't right, or that you went so long without out it that you got scared and immediatly went back to using it to cope, there could have been a number of reasons, and though they may not feel significant - hey are still reasons.

It may not be any of those reasons, but you went to it for something. You just might not know why you wanted to use it.

I hope you'll be okay.

Take care.
Cry as I may, but these tears won't wash you away...

beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by 8586 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:15 am

And by the way, welcome to bus. :D
Cry as I may, but these tears won't wash you away...

littlethings
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by littlethings » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:36 am

Welcome to bus, I recommend posting a thread on the main board so you get a proper welcome and everyone gets to know you :)

We could probably be more helpful if we knew a bit more about you.

take care of yourself and make sure you wash and bandage your injuries.

JoAnna

bubblefun
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Hi new who just cut yourself and dont know why

Post by bubblefun » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:23 am

I go through that alot. I wonder why I cut myself. Sometimes I do it for no reason when I am down and nothing is really going on. I didnt cut myself for a while until recently because of so many things going on. I hope that you are ok and take care of yourself. Welcome to bus. I am new too. I registered about 4 days ago.

zani
settling in
settling in

Post by zani » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:22 pm

:wink: Don't beat urself up about it. Sometimes if i've done really well and not s/h for a week or two i find myself needing to do it just so i know where i am with it. The unconcious idea that i haven't done it is very unfamiliar. Stopping s/h is a long process. Be proud that u did do so well and not s/h for any period of time. It's not how many times u fall it's whether u get back up again. (cliche!)
U may find that there wasn't any one reason u s/h again, it might just be a buildup of feelings that started to stress u out? But whatever the reason, or even if u still can't put ur finger on it, try not to worry about it 2 much. 2morrow is another new day.
Why r we so vain that we care 4 the opinion of those we do not care about?

bubblefun
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by bubblefun » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:24 am

I was very happy there for a while. I didnt cut for 3 weeks maybe longer and then I started college, my best friend moved away and then another friend wants nothing to do with me only my brother, my friend was in a car accident and then my aunt is dying which will be like 5 people this year alone. I just couldnt handle the stress so I couldnt help it. I had to do it. I tried to resist doing it, but it didnt work. Im just glad that I stopped for a while. Now I know I can do it again. There was a time last year I Was doing it every two weeks. I was constantly fighting with my best friend. I was miserable.

Bathelina
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Bathelina » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:26 pm

I think I know why...

When you SH, it becomes a habit at first, and then an addiction. I've heard of peple that have also just done it too because their body becomes dependant on doing it.

Just try not to do it again, but don't worry about it: everyone makes mistakes and learn from them.

From, Hannah :):) I hope that I helped!
<center>

the girl who blocked her own shot

I want to be better than oxygen.

</center>

Brokenwings11
settling in
settling in

Post by Brokenwings11 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:01 pm

I agree with Hannah on this one, once you start it's like an addiction.....you have to try and remember who you are and what you want to do. I started SI about a week ago, and I'm still confused as to why I did it in the first place. Try talking to someone about it; when I talk to my friends I feel a lot better afterwards. Hope this helped. ((huggle))
Love is what makes us thrive; it is as vital to us as water and air. Without it, we are nothing.

~SI free since Feburary 2005~