Coping, Why Do we Do It

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Coping, Why Do we Do It

Post by Lyndsie » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:08 pm

I don't know why we cope at all! Like why do we bother doing anything! Sometimes were in such emotional pain, that whats the point! Like when were depressed why do anything and just stay depressed! I don't know why i wrote this cause it's kind of like coping about the why do i cope thing and also what i'm feeling!

~Just a thought i needed to get out, and kind of cope with!~
~Lynzy

*Proud Member of SHACA* :cat2:

:) (I) Choose Friends Not Razor Blades :)

I LOVE YOU ALL, AND I LOVE ME, lol were all like one big happy family!!!!! :D

I want chicken I want liver meowmix meowmix please deliver
<A href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/dying2behappy/">My Live Journal</A> <A href="http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Lynz579">My Xanga</A> <A href="http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/?mforu ... thself">My Forum</A>

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:42 pm

we cope because we're alive. and because we're people with feelings that deserve to be listened to. and we deserve to be happy. i mean sometimes i'm so depressed i don't want to deal with anything, and don't have the energy to live anymore. but it's all in my head; i'm strong. i know it right now. i just forget it when i'm feeling bad. i focus on other shit that's bothering me, instead of remembering that i can get through it. and we're allowed to wallow in our misery, or to do whatever it takes to feel better. *huggles* sorry i don't make sense. :roll:

love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

Tamrick
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Tamrick » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:48 pm

I guess its part of being human - number 1 instinct is for survival and so with that comes coping. We have to try to stop the emotional pain in some ways - and some of the ways we use are healthy and help long and short term while others are more harmful.

Hope you feel better and can look for good coping techniques that will ease the pain.

Tamrick
“A Sunrise is God's way of saying, "Let's start again.”
― Todd Stocker

Glitter_fairy
settling in
settling in

Post by Glitter_fairy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:09 pm

i think because i want to cope, to knnow i can and to be "normal2 like everyone esle

xx :wink:

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Lyndsie » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:21 pm

Thanks for the replys! i don't think i made any scence, eather, to begin with!

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:12 am

because we can... i think there's some truth to the 'the person who truly wanted to die... killed themself 5 minutes ago' saying. we all are capable of killing ourselves. many of us feel like it often. some of us have gotten far closer to it(even without it being an actual su attempt... but through si/od/etc stuff) than we like to admit.
like what nirvana said... for me... my reasons change depending on my mood. how clearly i'm thinking at the moment. etc.
:grnstar:

Lyndsie
bus conductor
bus conductor

Post by Lyndsie » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:22 pm

I get it.

Thanks!