anyone out there with "empty nest"?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

cupcake
one of us
one of us

anyone out there with "empty nest"?

Post by cupcake » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:54 am

i have been divorced for several years and has always been just my daughter and i. she has recently turned 18, finished school and moved out. i am alone now. she was my life, everything was adjusted around her. i am so lost. i am always told to get out and mingle, get a life. well, i dont want to, i am depressed, and dont wanna do anything. i have had depression long before she has grown up, but i guess looking back she was what kept me going. the si has returned. any advice out there. i am stuck in a horrible rut. -----------------------cupcake
I NEED TO LEARN TO LIVE HAPPILY AGAIN. SOME WHERE DOWN THE ROAD I'VE FORGOTTEN HOW.

riley9121
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by riley9121 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:30 am

when i moved out for college, my parents got a dog. so maybe try an animal companion if possible. it eliminated people interaction and the judgement and rejection that comes with people. hope you feel better ((hug, if ok))

:pinkstar: riLey :pinkstar:

Junebug44
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Junebug44 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:25 am

My daughter moved out two years ago. I thought I'd be so happy b/cuz we fought a lot. I miss her. When she comes home to visit, I am so happy. We get along better, too.

My son is still at home finishing college. He wants to move out in another year. I think it will be very lonely.

I believe I know how you're feeling. A pet can be a fun companion. Or if you want your freedom, take this time to look inside at the things you always wished you had time to do, maybe include a friend to do them with, and hopefully the loneliness you're now feeling will settle into a less prominent position.

Caring with you,
Junebug
<center>Sometimes I feel like an ugly, broken doll.</center>
<center>Image</center>