A fault I have realized within myself...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Chocoboko
building community
building community

A fault I have realized within myself...

Post by Chocoboko » Sat May 29, 2004 7:51 am

I realized something about myself... I know I am very lonely and I have a tendency to obsess over things, such as negative past events. Well, I realized that those two are deadly combinations because if a girl I like comes along, I tend to obsess over her.

I realize this is a big obstacle in developing a mature and satisfying relationship. I obsess over the girl I like and read into her words too much. I long for her to be available more than she is capable of being. I get so caught up that I lose my mature caring respect for her. Instead of maturely being her friend, I get caught up in a pattern of fearing of her not being interested, losing her, longing, etc. I know this is a major obstacle in developing a happy relationship. Maybe this is why I am alone all the time.

Well, now that I have realized this fault, I am not sure what to do. I wonder what steps I can take to stop this.

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: A fault I have realized within myself...

Post by nirvana » Sun May 30, 2004 3:29 am

Chocoboko wrote:I have a tendency to obsess over things, such as negative past events.
i do too.
Chocoboko wrote:Well, now that I have realized this fault, I am not sure what to do. I wonder what steps I can take to stop this.
i think you're off to a good start. you realize you keep ending up in the same situation. maybe try a different approach with a girl. try becoming friends, and not forcing too much to happen at once. give it a little more time, take things slower maybe. and don't feel bad if she can't or doesn't give you what you expect.

if you ever want to talk, feel free to pm me.
love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]