arg! triggers and urges *SI* *LA*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

arg! triggers and urges *SI* *LA*

Post by Artemisia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Been trying to avoid SI-ing but the urges are getting uber powerful. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!! and now i've just seen a mate of mine, also a friend of my ex's, and she's got plasters on her fingers from punching a wall. Concerned for her :( also more desperate than before seeing how good it looks.... itchy itchy itch. FUCK. this is difficult. don't want to be constructive, don't want to be well-behaved, fed up of doing the right thing.ARGGGG. and i've semi-left therapy...not syure what's happening. sob. :cry:
"A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages"

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=135967 <<<My Place (please read and comment; it are lonely here :blush: )

LoverlyLaurie is my soul sister :D

Roxi is my twisted sister

badgirl22
driving instructor
driving instructor

Re: arg! triggers and urges *SI* *LA*

Post by badgirl22 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:56 am

wow that sounds hard. I am sort of in the same place. Really wanting not to do the right thing and just give in to urges. I dono what to say except don't give up on therapy. It might help you.
-Badgirl22

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:16 am

moo :( thanks love, probably gonna try sort something out...itch itch itch. so on the verge right now... :bad-words: hope you feel better too :1hug:

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=135967 <<<My Place (please read and comment; it are lonely here :blush: )

LoverlyLaurie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by LoverlyLaurie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:44 pm

hi art, don't really know what to say right now as i am struggling too...but i can give hugs. :)

:1hug: :1hug3:
My Place
My You Tube

The needle tears a hole. The old familiar sting. Try to kill it all the way. But I remember everything.
And you could have it all. My empire of dirt. I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

♥ Artemesia is my soul sister ♥

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 am

:) thanks love, hugs to you too :1hug:

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:35 am

Can you chain the events that have occurred that are triggering - from "semi"-leaving therapy until now? Can you notice a pattern?
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:44 am

hmmm. good question... i think the first thing was a stuipd convo with my bf which upset me, but didn't want him to feel guilty about being honest, and don't want him to feel that every convo will set me off so bottled stuff up. then left therapy because so frustrated at not being able to speak at an emotional level; can talk about anything intellectual but never feel what i'm saying, i'm too scared so i thought it'd be best to not waste his time or mine and go to therapy later in life. but going back now, have a different approach. arg. (grrr) then felt sorta lonely, felt like no one cared, and well, SI gets that response without me having to ask cos i'm too embarassed. :oops: hmmm, this is a good exercise... maybe i should just ask someone to care/chat... *considers the awkwardness and cringes* thanks Prophet for useful technique, will try this more often :) thanks everyone for listening and support :1hug:

secretpain
settling in
settling in

Post by secretpain » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 pm

i hope things work out be safe :1hug:
you decide what path u follow in life so choose carefully

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 am

thankee :1love:

off to gym to burn the crap outta this urgy feeling. i've decided; if i still feel urgy afterwards, i'm not gonna bother arguing with my head anymore. i suck. sob.

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:36 pm

off to gym to burn the crap outta this urgy feeling.
Did gym help ? I find it's a really effective way to channel energy and emotions and endoprhins never did anyone any harm :)

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am

hmmm...i can't remember - i think it did at least for that day, but i think i ended up SIing a couple days later anyway cos stuff happened, but certainly for that time it did...