Nerves

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Otohime
one of us
one of us

Nerves

Post by Otohime » Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 am

Most people I know don't think what I have to do is a big deal. I have to raise some money for a film project, and I'm talking with someone tomorrow (whom I barely know) about him donating some money. I'm extremely... I don't talk to people much. I'm shaking in fear. I also feel like I'm being selfish and rude to ask for money.

If there was a way out, I'd take it. Actually, the latter is false. I could refuse, but I WANT to change. I WANT to be brave. I want to prove to myself I'm not hopeless for life.

But I'm not coping well either. I'm slipping into bad habits again. Not eating. Throwing up. And cutting, which isn't an old habit, but still. If I stay nervous and mess up because of it, I WILL punish myself tomorrow... and I don't want to really inflict that sort of damage to myself. I'm afraid of what I can do.

Is there anyway to be less nervous? Or a way to cope until then without having to SI?

(most of the usual anti-SI alternatives aren't helping. I'm still... "AAAHHH" want-to-hide feeling.)
Last edited by Otohime on Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You should know you're not on your own
These secrets are walls that keep us alone
I don't know when but I know now
Together we'll make it through somehow

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Wed May 27, 2009 4:43 am

good luck :star:

Just try not to think about it. It's not a personal thing it's a business thing. And if they reject you that's not a personal rejection they just may not have the money or etc. I used to be so shy I could barely leave the house, it was crippling, now I'm one of the most outgoing people you could meet. All I can say is I forced myself to come out of my shell by doing things like you are doing making myself talk to people and be in situations like that.

Anyway I am not quite sure what you are looking for there is a huge list of SI alternatives on the coping board. I hope you find time to try a few.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

heartonmysleave
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by heartonmysleave » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:10 am

it helps me to think of what (rationally) is the worst thing that can happen. they can say "no" and possibly be rude about it. thats not so terrible. deep calming breaths before you talk to them. remember that though it feels aweful to do, soon it will be over.