My daughter........

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

kookie33ray
one of us
one of us

My daughter........

Post by kookie33ray » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Just found out my 13 year old daughter SI's and i want to be an active mom who doesn't just shove it to the side. I want to deal with it but she doesn't ! So I am at a loss....... [/quote][/b]

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 pm

hi kookie33ray ... If I were you I'd check out the family and friends section of the board and read some of the info there :)

~roxi

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

kermit
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kermit » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:59 pm

I agree, check out the family and friends board :) I think it's really good that you don't just want to push it aside.

Make sure you take care of yourself as well as your daughter

:star:
and tomorrow will come
When today is done...

"To me, photographyis an art of observation. It's all about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see, and everything to do with the way you see them."
- Elliott Erwitt

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Just have to echo the others, we have a special "family and friends" section for you specifically.

Take care of yourself :redstar:
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins