Ideas for motivation

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

BlacKat
growing roots
growing roots

Ideas for motivation

Post by BlacKat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 am

This one has been a biggie for me. Right now I get tired extremely easily, and a lot of times I hit a point where even walking back to my dorm is too much. SI seems to help with not feeling so worn out. Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with low energy/low motivation? Especially ones that can either be done quickly or beforehand - a lot of times it hits mid-day when I need to be somewhere in 5 minutes, so I don't really have time to stop and rest.
Nox et Dies

No hugs, please. Pretty flowers, butterflies, and cups of tea are appreciated. So are cats. Or random stuff.

Luscious Peanut
settling in
settling in

Post by Luscious Peanut » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Find the highest intensity aerobic activity you can do in 5 minutes. When I was little, and in high school, my dad did this silly thing, and it worked. It continues to work. He saw I'd be sitting on the couch depressed and he once threw a gallon of water at me (he knew I'd catch it) and chased me up and down the steps with that extra weight... threatening to tickle me. The extra oxygen to my brain did the trick. Do pushups and sit ups and lunges for as long as you can until you loose your breath. I know, the last thing you want, probably. But get your heart rate up, man.
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
Emile Zola

BlacKat
growing roots
growing roots

Post by BlacKat » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:54 am

Hmmm...I'll think about it. A lot of times I'm not outside or somewhere where I can move around like that easily (e.g. middle of the cafeteria, hall just outside class, etc.)

P.S. I put a copy of this thread on main.
Nox et Dies

No hugs, please. Pretty flowers, butterflies, and cups of tea are appreciated. So are cats. Or random stuff.

Luscious Peanut
settling in
settling in

Post by Luscious Peanut » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Run to your dorm room and back. Seriously. It works. Make up an excuse to try it once. You never know.... :)
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
Emile Zola