Participation in a research study

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

katherinemclean
one of us
one of us

Participation in a research study

Post by katherinemclean » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 am

Hi!

My name is Katherine Wilson and I am a fourth year counseling psychology doctoral student from The University of Memphis, TN collecting data for my dissertation addressing the influence of problem solving skills on attachment with methods of deliberate self harming behaviors in college students.

This survey researches the areas of family relationships, problem solving, and deliberate self-harming behaviors. There are no costs or known risks for students participating in the study; however, I caution individuals who might find that answering several questions about self-harming behaviors will be too much of a trigger, to cease from participating. This survey is directed towards adults who are older than 18 years and who have at one time or another engaged in deliberate self-harming behavior(s). Please note that this survey takes between 20 and 25 minutes to complete. I understand that this study entails the completion of a variety of questions and will contribute to the growing body of information on deliberate self-harming behaviors. There are some questions that have a somewhat personal nature and require one to recall different methods of self-harming behaviors. Refusal to participate or a decision to discontinue the project will involve no penalty.

Your involvement in completing this survey will contribute to research in areas of family relationships, problem solving skills, and self-harming behaviors, which have been neglected in social science research.

The link to the surveys is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5 ... BIuw_3d_3d

I am working alongside my chair, Dr. Suzanne Lease. I am also available for any questions you have.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
Katherine M. Wilson, LPC-MHSP
kmwilsn4@memphis.edu
Last edited by katherinemclean on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Katherine M. Wilson, LPC-MHSP, MAMFT, NCC
Doctoral Student
University of Memphis

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:57 pm

FYI, this DOES has staff approval.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)