official

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

bg
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

official

Post by bg » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:47 am

p-doc dumped me today, said my sh was too severe (required surgery). called me a liability. that's code for su risk, i think. neuropsych said the same thing. just barely hanging on now, got my "kit" ready for some stuff 2nite.

feel all alone. told me team i was su today, no big deal i guess. i hate all of this.
always alone :(

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 am

Is there somewhere you can go, or someone you can talk to?

It's EXTREMELY unfair that they dumped you without giving you resources.

Try the questions in Before and After, or try the chat. Try your best to keep yourself safe. You live in Dallas, so I can't recommend watching the Cubs baseball game that's on right now, but IIRC there's a Rangers game on on ESPN. Even if you don't like baseball, that is STILL an option as a distraction, and it may keep you engaged for a few hours.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Beasty
troll sniper
troll sniper

Post by Beasty » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:07 am

I am so sorry to hear that. That wasn't right of them, I think.

See if you can try to hold off? The olympics are on and those are fun to watch. Maybe take a bath or a good brisk walk. Take care of yourself, please.
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody’s got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!" - Susan Ivanova

Eisa = Beasty's Twin

Beasty's Place!

onlypurples
bus addict
bus addict

Post by onlypurples » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 pm

What did they recommend you do now? Did they leave you out in the cold or did they give you any place to follow up?

Sorry to hear they could not handle your case... just remember that not all therapists are able to handle self-injury or more severe cases of self-injury and or suicide issues. This doesn't have to do with you, it has to do with them, and now they need to help you find someone who can help you further.
I'm always a shade of purple...

"Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness" - Psalm 51:14 (TLB)

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~Dan Rather

http://www.mercyministries.org/

syn
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by syn » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:50 pm

I think it depends on where you are and the profession, but I think most are required to at least provide you with a referral even if it's just a phone number.

It's awful, I have gone through that as well with treatment providers. I was dumped by a psychiatrist when I was in graduate school.

You are not alone in this, a lot of us have been through it.

The profession often doesn't know what to make of what we go through, how to help us cope, how to provide the best quality of care. Which is why it is so important that we have each other.

Don't hesistate to reach out to people here. We are people too, and often go through things ourselves. Have mood swings, get busy. Though I have never had a post here where someone hasn't at least tried to help.
~ Syn

with recognition we will grieve
that waking is the sorrow of ending dreams

expiation.org

bg
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by bg » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 am

thanks syn and everyone else, I stayed safe. I did get a referral, but he said he isn't sure he will take me on, i won't find out until after sept 16.
always alone :(