I'd love some help

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

wake_up_screaming
one of us
one of us

I'd love some help

Post by wake_up_screaming » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:18 pm

I need some help.

I'm not neccessarily new. I used to be on this website a few years back. (scarredheart)

But I'm in a really tough spot right now.

So I could use so support.

You see, on several occasions, I have been on the verge of cutting. (and I've been cutting for, going on, five years now) I hate looking at my scars. They're all over. My longest period of time, that I've gone w/out self-harm has been 4 months. (Which I am very proud of, on some days)

And It's just been really difficult for me to cope lately.

So if I could have some advice, I'd love it.

love,
kat
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it/
And when you dream I hope your can't sleep and you scream about it/I hope your conscious eats at you and you can't breathe without me..."

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 pm

hi kat - I'd read that scarily long list of coping mechanisms - it's definately one of the best resourses here on bus. I think it's stickied in the coping section, or otherwise you can find it in the sourcebook.

:star:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

faegirl
building community
building community

Post by faegirl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi. Welcome back to bus. And congrats on going 4 months without SI. It's not easy, and it's something you should be very proud of.

Have you looked at the coping resources thread?

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=97617

I think it will help a lot.

*hug if that's ok*
"lonely doesn't even begin to cover it."

faegirl is notoriously bad at keeping up with places

i :heart: the disco cow :disco: