help me cope...tell me something really stupid you did today

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

MyEvilTwin
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

help me cope...tell me something really stupid you did today

Post by MyEvilTwin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:09 am

i just did something really stupid. i misinterpreted something someone said and sorta chewed him out (by email). two minutes later i realized what he wrote was a typo and he didn't mean any harm, so now i feel like a total arse.

little stupid stuff like this really rips me apart, and i'm afraid i'll be dwelling on it (it's already 2am) until i can get my mind off it.

i figure it might help if you guys tell me about stupid misunderstandings you've had and how you dealt with it.

btw yes i immediately sent another email saying "ignore my last email" and explaining myself... but i feel like it's too late. it's already out there :cry:

swanfaerie
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by swanfaerie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 am

oh boy do i relate! i do stupid stuff almost everyday, and i too dwell on it to the point that i know it's unhealthy for me. :oops:

so today, i almost walked off the job but instead said to my boss that the way i'm being treated is like being f***ed in the *ss. (i can't believe i said that outloud to my boss rather than saying some a bit less vulgar :o)

i said hi to a visitor who was a former patient (i work at a drug detox) but since the visitor is a nurse and wearing the same color of scrubs our patients do, i tho't she relapsed and was back for treatment. so i said i was glad she chose to come back rather than stay in the addiction. then she said, "oh no! i'm just here visiting somebody."

me --> :oops:
Don't do anything stupid.
It's hard to ignore a naked person.
You're a good boy too, Mommy

make your own snowflake!

Place

MyEvilTwin
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by MyEvilTwin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:09 am

owwch now that's what i call an oopsy daisy :o
i hope you don't mind that i sorta laughed when i read that.
i'm sure it sucked to be there. but from an outside perspective it's pretty funny :)

i guess that's what i hope will happen with me... eventually i'll be able to laugh... maybe. wouldn't it be great if life was like a sitcom and there's a studio audience who laughs at your mistakes and everything's just silly.

i once got into an argument with a roommate about wasting money on unnecessary supplies like 85 rolls of toilet paper. we were in a public place and i just remember yelling really loud, "I DON'T NEED TOILET PAPER, ASSHOLE!"

the whole room went dead silent

talk about stupid things to say :oops: but at least i can laugh about it now
it only took 3 years to get over the embarassment

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:42 am

Bahaha once I fell asleep standing up when I was working !
That's not saying something silly but it was kinda funny.

I can't remember anything stupid I've done today, but I do know that I've said some really stupid stuff this past week. I hope I remember tomorrow (just remember.... sooner or later, you'll look back and laugh. sooner or later)

joeygirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by joeygirl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Well it wasn't today but the other week i set my head on fire!! Once i figured out i was ok and only had singed hair it was very funny!!! Talk about having a hot head huh?!
Siggy pic proudly brought to you by waydownsouth!!

My little home of madness!
It's all good until it's not...
The worst that's gonna happen is you'll look back and say sh#t I shouldn't have done that.....

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 pm

I think yesterday it was that I went bowling and I had forgotten to put on bowling shoes, so when I went up to throw the ball, I kind of skidded on the floor and fell on my face 8)

A bunch of people in the bowling alley just sort of looked at me for a moment, then went back to what they were doing. I was so embarassed, but I busted out laughing because I know how stupid I looked.

I have a big bruise on my knee now, but it was funny so it's ok. :star:
"Wouldn't it be great to heal the world with only a song?"
~Serj Tankian
"Honking Antelope

onlypurples
bus addict
bus addict

Post by onlypurples » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I slept instead of going to church, which was stupid, because I needed some church time.
I'm always a shade of purple...

"Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness" - Psalm 51:14 (TLB)

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth'." ~Dan Rather

http://www.mercyministries.org/

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am

one time one of my other employees was harassing me to hurry up and close so I basically listed ways he could cut corners, he got an odd look and said "We're not supposed to do that" which I found SO irritating since he had just harassed me for hours on how can we make close fast, so typical upset me fashion I said "I DON'T GIVE A F***!" That is when my manager, who was behind me for at least long enough to hear the list of ways to cheat on a close asked me if I wouldn't mind talking to him in the office.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
omg even still thinking of that makes me horrified lol.
but its mostly all good now.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

*poke*
town councillor
town councillor

Post by *poke* » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am

I tried to convince the dog imlooking after to eat the remains of my Sweet and Sour veggie dish, beacuse I dont like those particular veggies.

Now he wont eat the food i put dow unless it has sauce on it >_<
fail XD
Burnt Hobbits On Toast!!!!!

Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak

>>>>>>>>> :marm: !!!! <<<<<<<<

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 pm

not today ...but a week or so back - I got into a 'pretend fight' with a friend of mine in a really long line for the restroom at starbucks- she kept saying I was racist because I wouldn't let her use the toilet first. - It was kind of embarrassing because nobody knew that we already knew eachother and I got some really nasty looks even when I kept saying, rather loudly to her "Don't you dare turn this into a thing about skin colour or call me racist! " ... that actually made it worse - people just shook their heads and looked pityfully at me :blush: :blush:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

amyfairy
postinating the countryside
postinating the countryside

Post by amyfairy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:33 pm

okay, I was waitressing over the lunch shift at a hotel this week and a guest ordered the rice pudding. So what did I take out for him? A lemon sponge :oops: ... but he didn't even notice! And said it was lovely!

calypso
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by calypso » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:01 am

*poke* wrote:I tried to convince the dog imlooking after to eat the remains of my Sweet and Sour veggie dish, beacuse I dont like those particular veggies.

Now he wont eat the food i put dow unless it has sauce on it >_<
fail XD
:1roflmao: That's hilarious!