My Nightmare thread (SI SU and more)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

My Nightmare thread (SI SU and more)

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:08 am

Please tell if this needs moving as it will be graphic but i really really need this thread right now cause i think i'm going mad and i need to get these nightmares out of my head to attempt not to have them again..

There will be SI SU and dissapointment and stuff in here. I'll try to label each dream. I just know i'll go mad if i dont post them. So dont read if you're not safe.

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:13 am

Last night. *Graphic* no control.

I was in a coffin, it was so narrow it was as though it had been built around me. The only way to warn people i was alive was to bang on the lid cause i couldn't bang the sides, but there were nails put in from the outside so i couldnt bang because they were going through my hands. there was a light that went on after i was trying to bang for a while so i could see what i'd done to myself. then i woke up.

i've had this dream about 10 times in the last year. It's every time i feel like im not in control.

idork
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by idork » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:21 am

Thats sounds like that is why you had that dream. You felt like you were out of control. I think it's a great idea that you started this thread. :)
Everyone has a story.
This is mine in all of it's awkward-messy-geeky-bias-spastic-blunt-spontaneous-mad-authentic-aesthetics.
My Place//Tumblr

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 am

thanks. i'd like to post some past dreams but im not sure theres any point as i dont have them anymore. just about my dad failing me as a child.

idork
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by idork » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:27 am

If you still remember them, go on ahead and post them... you still have them in your memory so they might need to come out.
Everyone has a story.
This is mine in all of it's awkward-messy-geeky-bias-spastic-blunt-spontaneous-mad-authentic-aesthetics.
My Place//Tumblr

my clarity clouded
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by my clarity clouded » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:32 am

hope you don't mind.. and this may be of no help to you. You mentioned that you have had this dream several times. Maybe since you have had this dream many times before, you can change what happens in it while it is happening. Maybe in your dream you could imagine having a hammer and banging the nails back out, or just banging with the hammer to make noise so someone will hear you and help you out.

Just a thought.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time. I wish I could do more to help.

I don't think that it would hurt to write down the dreams you have had. If they bothered you it may help to get them out.

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:58 am

ill try that.

When i was young i used to have a dream where i was being chased by these men about 5 of them. And my dad was superman and he was meant to save me but he failed every time. It would black out but there'd be bloodcurdling screams and when i was running away it was too hard to move my legs as though i was trying to run in a swimming pool. sometimes during the dream he'd get killed once he was shot with tranquiliser darts, but usually it was me that they'd torture.

a few years later i got a different dream where i was living in this huge castle and it was midnight so i wasnt meant to be out of bed but i needed a drink, so i got up and went down all these flights of stairs to get a drink of water, on my way back up to bed there was this creature it was like a cross between a cat, a lion and a fox and it wouldnt let me pass but i knew something terrible would happen if the nasty lady i was living with found out i wasnt in bed so i grabbed the creature and put it behind me and went to run up the stairs but everytime it ended up in front of me again. I ended up getting so frustrated i grabbed it and threw it down the stairs, i tried to run up the stairs but after a few steps it was there again. This continued untill i got exhausted and passed out falling down the few stairs i had got up. then i woke up.

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 am

new one last night running through the forest and there was someone after me. quite an energetic dream really ive woken up nackered

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:12 am

don't remember last night's dream. Didnt get much sleep so its probably cause it was so disturbed.

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 am

worked out the coffin dream. I have a friend who reads into dreams and we worked out that it could be my mind expressing my depressed feelings (being in the coffin) but having a protective wall that stops me expressing how i feel (coffin wall) and all my other worries mounting up (mud from the burial site) and i thought the nails and panic could be a sign of my anxiety

just a thought but it makes alot of sense.

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:57 am

This thread is a really good idea :D I hope it works.

It's good that you have such a dream-savvy friend... Hopefully you won't get that nasty dream again.

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:06 pm

I had a really weird dream last night,

i invited taylar (girl i work with) to mine and we had a pizza with those cheesy bite things on it, she basically ate the whole thing and didnt leave any for me or my mom.

I woke up next to theo and just wanted to hit him i was that mad lol. I didnt hit him though lol. just thought i'd share, think i need to manage my anger better

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:20 am

Hmm, that's an odd dream. Are you going through an ED/have you gone through an ED that might've caused it? *shrugs* I'm not good at dream-interpeting.

I get really angry from my dreams too, I find that baking/cooking really helps (usually something that requires a lot of cutting of veggies/stiring really thick cake batter, it uses energy and my anger goes away)

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:07 pm

ive never been diagnosed with an ed before but i do restrict my food. struggling at the moment cause i've had tonsilitis and havent been able to eat for a week so im eating as little as possible at the moment cause i just dont get hungry,

woken up feeling like ive been severely beaten. ouch

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:04 am

How are the dreams doing?

Hopefully better.

DJ_CJ
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by DJ_CJ » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Neviah wrote:a few years later i got a different dream where i was living in this huge castle and it was midnight so i wasnt meant to be out of bed but i needed a drink, so i got up and went down all these flights of stairs to get a drink of water, on my way back up to bed there was this creature it was like a cross between a cat, a lion and a fox and it wouldnt let me pass but i knew something terrible would happen if the nasty lady i was living with found out i wasnt in bed so i grabbed the creature and put it behind me and went to run up the stairs but everytime it ended up in front of me again. I ended up getting so frustrated i grabbed it and threw it down the stairs, i tried to run up the stairs but after a few steps it was there again. This continued untill i got exhausted and passed out falling down the few stairs i had got up. then i woke up.
This is a pretty literal interp but it sounds to me like there was something you were trying deal with (Something you were trying to put behind you). You were getting frustrated because your efforts weren't working the way you hoped they would (the problem kept coming back up). You felt like you weren't getting anywhere. You were just wearing yourself out. The thing about repetative dreams... it is usually a sign it's time to try something new.
Focusing "inward" can be good for self-improvement but like a microphone pointed at a speaker it can create a feedback loop that multiplies exponentially if not stopped. Just like a mic you need to "ride" the volume control in your mind or forever be deafened. Don't live with the squeal of constant negative thoughts. I wish you a clearer more positive focus. Good Luck

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 pm

thats a good point actually.

dreams had been ok.

last night i dreamt that i was suffocating in nothing but white. Really bright white and i couldnt breathe. that was it i woke up pretty sharpish.

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by recovering4me » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:27 am

hey hon. how are the dreams?
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 am

not terrible. feel like im in one constantly lately. even the good things are making me urgy.

last night i got one where i woke up unable to move and i couldnt breathe but that one never bothers me.

Bones And Patchwork
settling in
settling in

Post by Bones And Patchwork » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:35 pm

just a few nights ago i woke up unable to fucking breath. i was clucking like a fucking chicken, almost. it was awful.

a study showed that when you're half asleep your brain is even worse than when you're drunk...that's why waking up scared is really horrible because you do it when you can't concieve, understand, or know anything.

i wish i could do something help you more...you seem a really special person. and i mean that. xx
what you touch, you don't feel, do not know, what you steal. shakes your hand, takes your gun, watch you out of the sun...

destroy everything you touch.