affirmations

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

thisshallbeformusic
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

affirmations

Post by thisshallbeformusic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 am

got these from belief net. they cover a gammut...
feel free to add i think i should start doing these...

Life is a curving and fluid journey. Because I am always moving through learning stages, I cannot look back or measure. I learn through my relationships because that is how I begin to define who I am. Nothing is unforgivable in life. I know nursing this hurt is holding me back from fully being with others; therefore I choose to thank the universe for giving me another opportunity to develop my soul by knowing another person. I move easily through this experience.

Today I take all my unhappy memories out of my body and place them in a basket. My pain, my anger, and my resentments are placed in this basket. I have an angel that takes this basket of unhappiness from my hands and flies to the outer reaches of the universe and transforms it into loving energy that will revisit me later today. I forgive those around me and ask for divine assistance to hold me in a state of continual forgiveness.

Spring is guaranteed to come. I can bloom no matter what the weather, because I am growing spiritually each day. Today I take time to notice how I have bloomed so beautifully despite my circumstances. I am capable of reaching for the sun and sky because that is my natural state. I am reaching upward every day and do so joyfully, knowing I am grounded in the life cycle of spiritual development.

I forgive because I am capable of expressing compassion. By forgiving, I release this situation from my energy field and feel clear-headed and full-hearted. I forgive because I am able to rise to my higher self and feel lighter. My light knows no boundaries when I forgive. Life feels lighter when I forgive.

I choose to be a spectator, not a participant, in a negative energy generation. I facilitate healing by taking time to ask for divine assistance for this family's difficulties. I visualize these family members embracing one another for their diversity and know that each one helps another on their soul journey. Every loving and positive word I speak about my family helps to generate more healing.

Today I change my focus by championing a new cause. I am the ambassador of positive thinking. I spread health, wealth, love, and happiness wherever I go. I love watching how my positive statements dissolve negativity in others. I am my own instrument of renewal of positive energy, and my positive outlook is stored deep within me. Every positive statement I make is rewarded.

I keep experiencing the same events in my life because I have not learned a lesson at the deep level of the soul. I am committed to changing my behavior, attitude, and negative belief systems. I learn from past mistakes. Life is a self-educational process and I am a perceptive individual. I watch others as they model what I need to learn. I love all my talents as well as my imperfections because that is what makes me the beloved person I am.

I am a spark of the Divine; therefore I am of the same soul substance as everyone else. From this day forward, I recognize my gifts of both male and female energy and reclaim a balanced image of my infinite power. Those who do not believe in me are denying part of their own divine nature; therefore they have no power over me. I am supported by Mother God!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Emerson
The worst to bear are self-inflicted wounds. Oedipus Rex
learning to breathe learning to fly

thisshallbeformusic
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by thisshallbeformusic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:43 am

o.k.
these are from somethingfishy.org (p.s. it prints out to 34 pages in 11 verdania i.e. it's long)
Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.
Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.
Never give up for that is just the time and place the tide will turn.
If I have inside of me the stuff to make cocoons, then maybe the stuff to make butterflies is there, too.
To be upset over what I don’t have is to waste what I do have.
I hang onto my humor. I Don’t ask for permission, I just do it. I make everything fun!
Today I will seek out things that are fun to do.
I am curious, eager to try new things.
I experience and express my emotions freely.
I am creative and innovative
I rest when my body tells me to.
I learn enthusiastically.
This is a new and wonderful day for me; there will never be another day like this one
Whenever my attention wanders away from that which is good and constructive, I immediately bring it back to the contemplation of that which is lovely and of good report.
I am going to be a wonderful success in all my undertakings today.
I am definitely going to be happy all day long!
I am not afraid of life. I believe that life is worth living, and my belief helps create the fact.
Either I find a way, or I will make one.
It doesn’t matter what the disease is. There is always room for hope. I am not going to die one of the statistics.
The question I ask myself is not if I should heal but how I should heal.
I will not wait to have a good day. I will make one.
I move beyond my old limitations and allow myself to express freely and creatively.
Life is about change, and I adapt easily to the new
I forgive myself and others, release the past and move forward with love in my heart.
I love and approve of myself, am at peace with my own feelings and stand tall and free.
If I can endure for this minute whatever is happening to me No matter how heavy my heart is or how dark the moment might be...If I can but keep on believing what I know in my heart to be true, That darkness will fade with morning and that this will pass away, too...Then nothing can ever disturb me or fill me with uncertain fear, For as sure as night brings dawning, my morning is bound to appear...
I will persist until I succeed
I can go the extra mile today
I will dwell on the positive affirmations and things in my life, and they will become my aspiration.
My free time can be used creatively, inventively, and imaginatively. I do not need to use it for routine habits, which are unimportant and unhealthy.
I will be patient in steadily working toward my goal, remembering that all good comes in time.
I will hold on. I will be brave. I am almost there. I will never give up.
Walking away from something that is bad for me is not quitting!
I have learned to treat myself gently because with a few exceptions, I am doing my best.
I will not feel guilty for caring for myself.
I will not be hard on myself today.
I will not be embarrassed by my pain. I will go through it with dignity. It will enhance me.
I am grateful for who I am.
I will accept my pain when it is present. I will NOT anticipate it.
I will be more understanding of the needs of others when I am able to care for my own.
I will resist anything that takes me off the chosen path of recovery.
Loving life increases my energy and passions.
When I am in trouble, dwelling on it doesn't really help. I can feel sad, I can grieve, but eventually I have to move on. Time does heal, and when I am going through a difficult patch I will remember I don't want to make it any worse.
When I put force and energy behind something, the results are powerful.
If I break my habits and shake up my day a bit, I will gain new impressions and understanding.
The more things I plan to do the more energy I will have.
I am in charge. I am responsible for the direction of my boat.
I will forgive in order to move forward.
No one can make me a victim unless I allow them to.
Anger hurts more than the person I feel rage toward. I will let go and move on. Life is too valuable to get stuck.
I am naturally beautiful when I am myself.
All that we are is a result of what we have thought.
I will not let others interfere with my steady resolve to live a full, useful and productive day.
Focusing on the present moment will make me less anxious
I am meant to be very different from everyone else. This releases the burden of feeling like I have to be someone other than me.
Today is the beginning of the rest of my life. It is a clean slate. I will begin it totally refreshed and just live it.
I carry within me all the essentials of a happy existence.
My task is to do the best I can which is enough!
I gain energy from doing those things I choose to do rather than what I feel I have to do.
When I put my time to good use, I value myself and feel good.
If I expect recovery to be easy, I will become frustrated. The easy stuff doesn't teach us much what is difficult and challenging enhances my growth
I will be proud of my strengths and nurture them.
No one else can blame me and make me feel wrong unless I accept the accusations and choose to feel the guilt.
What I do today may have a profound impact on my life tomorrow. I will be the best person I can be today.
A quiet and pleased mind absorbs beauty and grace naturally. I will relax, be calm and therefore be content.
When I do a good job in whatever challenges there are, I am living
It is comforting to know I have all the necessary muscle to cope when faced with really difficult times.
Whenever I face a hardship, feel anxious, nervous, and sad, I will embrace my pain and agony. I know I can learn from my misery and pain and share the knowledge with others.
I will surround myself with people who are affirming and encouraging.
I will choose what is really important to me before I run out of time.
Remaining optimistic will help me experience joy.
I will go about my life doing what I believe is right and hold fast to my beliefs.
I appreciate and am grateful for all the help I get along the way as I try to stay on course.
I choose to make the best of what I have, I am brave, I will survive.
I have faith in family friends and myself. I have faith in this world.
I have faith in my process of recovery.
I will look for the beauty in every problem I have to solve.
Thoughts provoke action. I will think healthy thoughts to provoke healthier actions.
When I am faced with a difficult time, I will get through it better by focusing on what I hope to accomplish. I will be strong, do what I have to do and move forward.
I do the very best I know how, the very best I can.
Where ever I am I will do my best and that is all I will ever expect of myself
I will live my life in the way I want to be remembered.
I will surround myself with trustworthy people and put my trust in them.
When I am required to exhibit strength, it comes.
Negative thoughts will NEVER help; they will ALWAYS hurt me.
I am not in control of others, but I am in control of myself.
When I am content to simply be myself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect me.
I will never please everyone and that's okay.
I will not listen to anyone who tells me what I can’t do.
I am proud of myself for all I have accomplished no matter how small or great.
I regret nothing, because I am and do the best I can.
I will not let the lessons or experiences of the past dampen my enthusiasm for new beginnings.
I will only go where my heart leads.
I will trust my soul-it knows the way.
I will see myself doing all the things I would like to do. I will take the time to use my creative power of visualization to create the life I would like. Above all I will take the time to see myself being happy.
I will trust, honor, and respect the process of change.
I can listen to my needs.
Taking time to honor the needs of my body is taking time to respect the needs of my soul.
I can get out of my rut and discover what interests me.
I will do what I need to break through my resistance.
See how powerful I am!
I will seek out people who empower me. And during those times when they are not around, I will know that I can empower myself.
When I look back at my past I will look tenderly and gently at all I have been through. I will be proud of my accomplishments and how far I have come.
One step at a time. That is how I will get where I am going.
I will take the time to honor and express my dreams
I am free to redefine and help create the life I choose.
I am free to see life in a new way.
I can open myself to the hopes and dreams of today
I am ready to heal my heart. I am deserving of this.
I am powerful now and powerfully connected to myself.
There is a purpose and value to each day of my life. I will nurture my times of action of creating of doing and value my quieter times of going within.
I have all the guidance, energy, ideas, creativity, power and ability to do all I am meant to do. I will be given the power to enjoy it.
I will make each moment count today.
Give yourself some relief. Take the pressure off.
Today I take time to inhale peace and exhale fear.
Facing and feeling my fears will empower me to move on.
I am doing better than I think.
Reward yourself often. When you accomplish a particular task. When you have gone through a grueling part of your healing process. Reward yourself during the frustrating times just for being patient. Sometimes, reward yourself for just being you.
Many things are possible if I accept the fastest way is one step at a time.
When I feel too much stress, I will give myself a break and let my body start soaking up some healing energy.
I will not let expectations distort my experience.
I believe I deserve love.
I am not afraid of making mistakes.
I can embrace the mystery and magic of myself
I can stop punishing myself with fear.
I will not allow the fear of "what if" to ruin the joy of "what is".
I can let go of the need to prove myself to others.
I will be gentle with myself when I get stuck.
I do not need to be paranoid and have to think every event means something.
I trust the timing of my lessons.
Self-Love is my birthright.
Every choice I make will teach me something and whenever I learn something there is success, not failure.
I am making the healthiest, most loving choices. I am capable of making at this very moment
I can weather the storms and let them pass.
I can let go of shame.
I can recognize the desire in my heart to recover.
I am grateful to the people who are helping me heal, grow and move along my path.
I am free to be all I can be.
I deserve to recover.
Sometimes I need to spin our wheels. It helps me get unstuck.
I can allow myself to heal. I can find new messages that empower me with love, messages that set me free.
No matter what I am going through, my soul can be at peace.
Maybe I am where I am today for a reason other than I thought. Maybe the first thing to do is cleanse the past and heal my heart.
I have the power to create joy by choosing what feels good for me.
I will be gentle with myself. I am not alone in my problem, my powerlessness, or my search for solution.
I can learn to embrace change.
I will let myself receive the healing I need.
For now I will trust and experience what I am going through. I know that this time of change is sacred.
I will let my choices come from my heart.
I trust that the waiting part of change is necessary. I trust my desire for change is the beginning of change. I trust that each moment I am moving closer to the change I desire.
We will be given the power to do all we need to do. Take the simple steps that lie before you. Take one step at a time. You will find the way again.
I will not try to complicate things or try to figure it all out. The answer is simple. I will look into my heart.
I will reduce as much toxicity in my environment and in myself as I can.
I will embrace the changes taking place in me now. They are good.
I will be clear and forthright about what I need and want.
I have faith that where ever I am going is important and wonderful
I can use the potent, creative power of visualization to create pictures of all the good I would like to see in my life.
I will not allow my dis-ease to control or manipulate me.
I will nurture myself through each stage of recovery.
IF I feel an emotion-an old, stuck, hardened chunk of emotion or a new one that has arisen along the way, I can release it and the belief attached to it.
How overwhelmed we feel when we anticipate the future, all that needs doing, all the tasks, the work, the potential problems, the responsibilities. I will stay in the present moment, and the past and future will fall naturally and easily into place.
All the wonders I seek are within myself.
I am the first person who needs to like me.
I can become the person I want to be
I make the world more special just by being in it.
I believe life is worth living
I can sit down in a quiet place and get in touch with myself.
I will make an effort everyday to feel good about who I am and what I can be.
Today I will work on improving my abilities rather than my disabilities.
I run my own life.
I am okay.
I can live in peace at a time of stress.
I cannot climb uphill by thinking downhill thoughts.
I can move away from self-defeating habits.
I have choices. I can choose new responses to old situations. I can learn to recognize my true needs and choose positive ways of satisfying them. I can choose recovery-NOW!
I will aim to follow my meal plan and let life happen.
Understanding and respecting my limits, I can learn to say no to what might jeopardize my serenity and well being.
I need care and attention. I am responsible for seeing that this need is met.
I will give myself the care and attention I need.
The beginning I make today is never insignificant or unimportant. It is the foundation of my future.
I now have the opportunity to pursue my desires until I discover what brings me happiness.
Freedom from my eating disorder clears away the depression and inertia that prevents me from identifying and going after my deepest hearts desire.
I am free to do and enjoy the good things that come my way, and I am equipped to deal with inevitable problems.
If I begin to get bored with the mechanics of my program, such as food plans, I need to remember what it was like before.
I am grateful to wake up in the morning alive and alert, free of the after affects of a binge. I am grateful to go through the day ready for work, play, problems, and challenges. I remember what it was like before (in the midst of the ed). I do not want to go back to that place.
I grow by doing what’s hard to do.
I will accept today’s challenges to grow.
I no longer need to spend large blocks of time obsessing.
I have the wisdom to know how I want to spend my time and energy today.
I cannot control or change others, but I can change myself.
Today I can take a small risk in the interest of enriching my life.
I will determine my priorities today to avoid confusion.
I can choose to have a daily reprieve from self-destructive behavior.
I will seek progress, not progression.
If I let myself down by slipping back into old habits, I can gently correct my course without feeling that I have failed.
Today, I will concentrate on taking one step forward, however small
Today, I will seek renewed supply of serenity, courage and wisdom.
I have much to give. I can be loved and accepted according to how well I give of myself, not for how much
Whatever my weight today, I am a worthwhile person with valuable contributions to make to those around me.
Once I have made my food plan for the day, I can put that issue to rest and think about love, work, play, hobbies, and other people. I can be more patient with my recovery today.
I am not finished growing, changing and evolving.
I like myself today. I am aware of possibilities for improvement, but I don't want to be anyone else. I am comfortable and accepting of who I am. I can forgive my mistakes and move on to try again.
Today I am glad to be ME!
Positive or negative... the choice is mine!
My actions today will build good memories for tomorrow.
It is often easier to know what to do than to do it. Today I will do those things that strengthen my recovery.
I cannot see the outcome of the journey, but I can take the next step
I have the will, strength and desire to continue working on recovery.
Today I will be open to growing by trying something new.
I am not afraid of growth enhancing commitments, which will advance my recovery.
I pray for courage and wisdom to make and maintain positive commitments.
Fears and doubts get smaller when I talk about them.
As I work on cultivating qualities such as honesty, courage, faith, love and responsibility, I will become less preoccupied with my external appearance.
I DO make a difference.
When I fill my body with good things I need-rest, proper nutrition, satisfying work, loving and caring, my effectiveness grows.
Recovery may seem hard, but isn’t the alternative worse.
Today, I will make an effort to take one small step toward reaching one of my goals.
I can cope with change to day without turning to or away from food.
I can accept my difficulties as challenges, using them to spur on to continued growth.
Although I am working hard on recovering, I can also have fun.
Today I will take every chance to participate in life, not control it.
Each person I encounter today can show me a piece of myself.
Recovering means accepting myself today just as I am today so I can get on with the business of my life.
Today I will take a long good look at the good things in my life.
I can live creatively if I can accept my anxiety and am willing to experience butterflies in my stomach from time to time.
Today I will dare to follow a creative inner prompting even if I feel some anxiety.
I will simplify my life today by concentrating on my priorities.
Doing my best is success.
I look back and see that my failures are showing me the way to success. I will accept the best I am able to do right now as success for today.
Courage grows as we use it.
I may not be in a very good mood. I may not make visible progress today. But, at the very least, I can avoid self-destructive behavior around food. I can follow my meal plan for today, whether I feel like it or not.
If I don't fuel a bad mood by B/P or restricting, I have a better chance of getting over it quickly.
My opinions are worthwhile and deserve to be heard.
I am responsible for my own attitude.
There is a purpose and meaning to my life.
I realized how many positive choices are available to me.
I can be kind and patient with myself in my progress toward recovery.
I can be good to myself today and let my meal plan take care of my weight.
I can decide on a reasonable meal plan and let go of the obsessions with food, and weight.
I can trust myself to deal with whatever comes along whether good or not so good. No event requires me to binge or restrict.
I am strong enough to face my anxieties and function in spite of them.
I can accept and nurture my body and spirit.
Recovery requires action. I can actively change my behavior.
I can learn how to be alone comfortably and creatively.
I do not have to continue responding to life in the same old way. I can grow and change
Today I will use what I have with gratitude
Slips and slides should not be excuses for giving up.
I give myself permission to begin again with whatever I am trying to learn.
May I courageously continue the adventure of self-discovery.
My Ed behaviors take me out of circulation and away form meaningful contacts. Recovery gives me back to those I love.
There is a plan for my life that coordinates with the strengths and abilities I possess.
I can decide to be cheerful and optimistic, just for today.
I love and accept myself where I am now. I am wonderful.
I can speak up for myself.
I am free to take charge of my life.
I let go of everything, which I no longer need.
I release all pressure and burdens. I live in the joyous present.
Forgiveness, tolerance, compassion, I move forward without hesitation.
I am courageous and independent.
I am a decisive person. I follow through. I welcome new ideas and concepts.
I release anger in harmless ways.
I seek only good everywhere.
I bless my body with love. All parts of my body are beautiful.
I can handle all my experiences with wisdom love and ease.
I accept only thoughts that support me and make me feel good.
I am willing to change I love and approve of myself.
I am at peace. I am at calm. All is well.
I lovingly release the past and turn my attention to this new day. All is well.
As I love and approve of myself. I create a joyful, peaceful world to live in.
I move beyond old limitations..
I trust in the process of life. I am always in the right place, doing the right things, at the right time. I love and approve of myself.
I release all fears by trusting the process of my life.
I choose to create peace in my mind, my body and my world. All is well.
I release all that is unlike love and joy in my mind. I move from the past into the new.
I lovingly protect myself with thoughts of joy and peace. The past is forgiven and forgotten.
I am relaxed and peaceful.
I am the living, joyous expression of life. I am my own person.
I deserve and accept the very best in life.
I now take charge of my mind and my life. I am powerful, dynamite woman! Every part of my body functions perfectly. I LOVE me! It is my birthright to have my needs met. I now ask for what I want with love and ease.
I create my own experiences. As I love and approve of myself and others, my experiences get better and better.
No person, place, thing, or thought has power over me.
I allow myself to enjoy every moment of everyday…TOTALLY!
I am totally adequate for all situations that arise.
I control my thoughts.
I move forward with confidence and ease. I trust the flow and process of my life.
I create my good and my freedom with loving thoughts.
I now choose to enjoy my life.
I recognize my own true worth.
I release the pattern of delay within me, and I now allow success to be mine
It is with flexibility and ease that I see all sides of an issue. There are endless ways of doing and seeing things.
It is safe for me to grow up. I can now handle my own life with joy and ease.
It is safe for me to be alive. IT is safe to be me. I am good enough as I am. I trust myself.
I have the capacity to take in the fullest of life
I am 100% responsible for everything in my life, the best and the worst.
Every thought I think is creating my future.
I create my experiences by my thoughts and feelings.
I have unlimited choices in what I can think.
Love is everywhere and I am loving and loveable.
My point of power is in the present moment and is forming the experiences of tomorrow.
All the experiences I have had in my lifetime have been created by my thoughts and beliefs I have held in the past. That is my past. It is over and done with. What is important is what I am choosing to think, believe and say RIGHT NOW!
The only thing I am ever dealing with is thought, and thought can be changed.
The past has NO power over me!
I can change my attitudes toward the past.
I can refuse to think certain thoughts. Look how often I have refused to think a positive thought about myself. I can also refuse to think a negative thought about myself.
The past is over and done. I cannot change that now. Yet I can change my thoughts about it.
How silly for me to punish myself in the present moment because someone hurt me in the long ago past.
I choose to release the past and forgive everyone, myself included.
That person I find hardest to forgive is the one I need to let go of the most.
Criticism locks me into the very pattern I am trying to change.
I have been criticizing myself for years and it hasn't worked. I will try approving of myself and see what happens.
I have great respect for myself and gratitude for the miracle of my body and my mind.
I feel love for the joy of being alive!
I feel love for my body and the way it works.
I feel love for me.
I no longer need to procrastinate on things that would benefit me.
I am doing the best I can with the understanding, awareness and knowledge I have. As I gain more of this, I will do things differently. If a thought or belief does not serve me, I will let it go. There is no written law that says because once I believed something I have to continue to believe it forever
There are literally billions of thoughts I can choose to think.
I am never STUCK. Change is always taking place.
I am the only person who thinks in my mind. I am the power and authority in my world.
What I now choose to believe, think, and say up to this moment will create the next moment.
I am the power in my world. I get to have whatever I choose to think.
I will surrender, giving up the resistance, and allow myself to learn what I need to learn. This will make the next step easier.
I am gentle and patient with myself as I untangle my own mental knots.
Procrastination is one way to keep me from getting where I want to go.
I will keep going.
My mind is a tool I can choose to use any way I wish.
I am in control of my mind. I use my mind. I can stop thinking self-defeating thoughts.
There is so much love in my heart I could heal the planet. I will use a portion of this love to heal myself.
The more I dwell on what I don't want, the more of it I create.
I love and approve of all of me, even those qualities I thought were not good enough.
Thoughts have no power over me unless I give in to them. I give them meaning and I choose to think thought that nourish and support me.
My first thoughts on awakening before I open my eyes are thankful for everything I can think of.
I love who and what I am and what I do.
Love is never outside myself, it is within me.
Love is never outside myself, it is within me.
I am deeply fulfilled by all I do.
I am beginning to create a success pattern now.
Everything I touch is success.
My own belief in lack and limitation is the only thing limiting me.
I can only find out by trying.
Stress or Fun? It’s my choice
There is no limit to what I can accomplish if I know the direction I am going and am willing to make the effort.
Every positive action/constructive action I take in the direction of my dreams and goals will reinforce my belief in myself and in my ability to accomplish my ideals.
In order to enjoy high levels of self-confidence, I have to organize my life in such a way that I feel in control of what happens to me.
The more often I dare to go forward, even in the face of uncertainty, the more likely it is that this type of courageous behavior will become a habit for you.
I am free to choose. Everything I am and everything I become is under my own control.
Put your whole heart and soul into your success. Don't hold anything back and don't let anyone stop or discourage you.
I continually think in terms of solutions and how I can turn any situation to my best advantage
I will not settle for peace based on outward circumstances or a particular arrangement in my life.
I can find peace even when the turbulent waters of the river roar through my life.
I am free to take the journey of a lifetime.
The only limitations I have are the ones I place on myself
Its okay to feel sadness and loss when getting rid of my addiction.
I will take time to notice what’s right in myself, in others and in the world around me
In my mind I can visit magical places and take the magic with me to help get through the day.
Many of the aches and pains I experience are symptoms of a deep process, a process of healing and cleansing our heart and soul.
I will acknowledge the feeling, feel the energy, let it pass through me, then watch for the lesson to appear and the pain to dissipate.
I value what I have learned of my past
I do not get where I want to go in one leap. I get there one step at a time.
My faith will keep me going through those moments in between steps.
I can force myself to put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done.
One power we all have is the ability to redefine what we believe. I can learn to see things in a new way.
I am open to the new hopes and dreams of today.
Whenever I find myself drifting away, losing touch with myself, jumping from the present moment to some far off point in the future, I will remind myself to get back in my body.
I will do things that energize me and charge my soul.
I can change my beliefs and make new decisions.
I will let myself discover some new, better, sunnier beliefs about myself and my life.
I can forgive myself for what I have done wrong, what I have done badly and what I think I could have done better.
I am willing to go through any and all obstacles for recovery.
Today I am willing to focus, push forward, and go the distance.
I will begin taking better care of myself than I ever have before.
Punishing, criticizing, repressing, and denying wont bring the feelings, the growth or the results I want.
The harder I push the more relentlessly I demand perfection, the worse I feel.
I will take time throughout each day to tend to my needs just as I would tend to someone I loved dearly.
Taking better care of myself will add magic to my life.
I am not at a dead end. I am reaching a new beginning.
I will stop punishing and depriving myself.
The power to change and evolve lies within me.
I can go anywhere I want to go one step at a time.
I will face today with hope and courage.
I will be patient, even in the midst of troubles.
I look toward the future with confidence.
I am not asked to bear anything that could overcome or destroy me.
I have friends who long for me to conquer.
I have no fear because everything will work out in the end.
No matter what fears, worries and resentments I may have, I will think of constructive things, until the calm comes.
I will start a new life each day. I will put the old mistakes away and start anew each day.
If I wait patiently, preparing myself always, I will be someday at the place I want to be.
I will press on until the goal is reached. I will not give up in the final stretch.
I can keep calm no matter what.
I do not need to agree with people when I do not. I am an individual who deserves to have and express my own thoughts.
Acknowledge new ways of responding to feelings and situations can be scary. I can override that fear by practicing them on a regular basis.
I will not label myself as my problems. I am not my disease. I am a person who struggles with……But I can overcome.
It is senseless to compare myself to others physically, emotionally or intellectually. I have many gifts to offer which others do not.
I am made up of many different parts. Together these make me a whole person. I see myself as a whole person and not just pits and pieces.
My previous defeats do not prevent me from venturing out in the world.
I am not a terrible person. I will stop using negative thoughts and behaviors in order to convince myself otherwise.
I feel more accomplished when I finish one task at a time.
I can create a new life for myself, today and everyday.
I trust the wisdom inside me.
As I trust my feelings and act on them, I feel powerful and alive.
I can relax and let myself be.
I am open and willing to change.
By being myself and doing what I love, I make a significant contribution to my life.
It is okay to relax and let go.
I am now visualizing my life exactly the way I want it.
Within me is a special place of serenity and power.
I pay attention to the thoughts I think.
I have the ability to trust my intuition.
Today I am honest and true to myself.
In my own unique way, I am a genius.
I accept and experience all my feelings.
I listen to my gut feelings.
Today I love myself and accept myself exactly as I am.
I am unique and special.
I can allow myself to relax.
What I desire is possible.
I accept my resistance and move forward.
My desires and goals give me positive direction in my life.
I am creating positive results on all levels of my life.
In my own time and my own way, I am creating miracles in my life.
As I allow myself to feel my feelings, I heal them.
I am strong and open.
It is okay to allow my feelings to be expressed and released.
I accept all the feelings that come with change and growth.
As I allow myself to feel sadness, I open more joy.
I love and support all my feelings today.
I am capable of taking good care of myself.
I appreciate, love and respect my body. I will honor what it needs to grow emotionally and physically.
My body is a beautiful expression of my spirit.
I deserve the very best in my life.
I am becoming my own best friend.
I trust my own process.
I have a wise and loving friend within me.
I like myself.
I accept and experience all my feelings.
It is more healthy to express myself clearly and directly.
I am now creating safe ways and places to express my anger.
It is safe for me to be vulnerable.
I can reward myself for trying new things.
My dreams can come true.
I choose life.
My intuition knows what my body needs.
I now surrender to my body's needs.
I trust my body, I trust myself.
It is safe for me to be powerful without my Eating Disorder.
Through recognizing and acknowledging my blocks, I release and clear them.
I am now clearing my negative beliefs.
I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire.
Today I can listen and respond to my own needs.
I forgive myself completely.
It is safe for me to let go of old habits.
I deserve to relax and nurture myself.
Today I am willing to assert myself.
It’s okay and safe to assert my needs and feelings.
I deserve love, happiness, and prosperity.
I am falling in love with life.
The more I love and respect myself, the more others will love and respect me.
I am willing to reach out for help.
I am attractive, desirable, and loveable.
I am a wonderful person. I deserve love and appreciation.
I am beautiful, strong and energetic.
I am willing to believe in myself.
I deserve to be healthy.
As I become aware of my negative beliefs, I heal them.
I release old beliefs, and create new supportive ones.
I am now listening to what my body has to say.
The qualities I admire in others, I have in myself.
All of my feelings are valid.
I approach change with honesty and trust in myself.
I enjoy my food.
As I let go of my old way, a new way is shown to me.
I see many things I like about myself.
My body is my friend.
I have the power to heal.
I am in charge of my own journey.
I am facing my fears.
I am willing to trust the process of change.
I am worthy of positive changes today.
Today I am trusting the urge to move ahead…to grow…to risk new directions.
I am willing to release all my fears.
I am willing to release all my resistance and struggle so that I can find the good and truth inside me.
I celebrate myself today. I am growing; I am willing to do all I am able to do to be the best of who I am.
I am capable of making healthy and positive decisions today.
Today I will accept all of me, just as I am, without judgement.
As I go about my day, I will trust all my decisions.
Nothing from my past will block me or hold me back.
Today is mine to use for growth and recovery.
I love myself today.
Nothing can stop me from growing today.
Today I will treat myself to quiet time and be okay with it.
Today I will be gentle with myself as I let myself do nothing but be who I am.
Today I will value what I think.
I know that one step at a time I am making progress today. I am grateful for my growth even if it is not always very obvious.
I am no longer a victim of my past. I am free to move in a new direction today.
Today I dare look within to see what is keeping me stuck. I know I cannot change unless I know what there is to change. I feel energized and empowered to move forward.
Today I dare to walk a new path where comfort and security are not my goals.
I am slowly finding new strength within me.
I am willing to unlearn negative thoughts and unhealthy habits.
Today I am willing to let go of all the negative tapes that I hear that block me from recovery.
I have all the strength I need to do all that is good and right in my life.
Today I will accept what I am and what I see this moment.
Today I am letting go of all the energy that is resisting the truth about me. This energy is being replaced with positive and loving energy and accepting that I am okay just the way I am. I am now open to see the miracles of love in my life.
Where I am at this moment is perfect. My past is my friend today as I take the lessons that I can learn from it and say thank you.
Everything that has brought me to this moment is a gift and I am a stronger, wiser person because of it.
I no longer have to stay in situations that bring me unhappiness and pain.
I am learning to trust my instincts and move away from unpleasant and stressful people, places and things.
I make a difference not only in my own life but also in the lives of those around me.
Today I know that I am in charge of the quality of my life. I am growing in the ability to become aware of the thoughts that have been controlling me.
I am open and willing today to take a step forward in a new direction.
I will no longer allow myself to stay stuck by old thoughts and feelings.
Today I continue to let go of thoughts that have been pulling me out of the present and bringing me to the past and future.
I will value myself today both for my perfections and especially my imperfections.
I have outgrown the need to suffer.
Choosing positive thoughts and making positive choices fill me with new strength, confidence and excitement.
I can feel positive energy flow through me with every positive thought I choose.
Today I know I have the right to be alive, happy and full of joy.
Today, I trust that I am where I am suppose to be and am moving in the right direction.
Today I dare to openly express my needs and find healthy ways to get them met.
I like feeling good today. I like myself today.
I no longer need to struggle to find my answers alone. I welcome and am open to positive and healthy support wherever I find it.
I forgive all others and myself today.
I am good enough just the way I am.
I am at choice today. I can watch my negative thoughts go by and replace them with positive thoughts of love and compassion. I am not a victim of people, places and things.
Negative thoughts are no longer something I choose to live with.
I am turning around all my negative thinking so that my mind is positive.
I am open to positive changes in my life today.
Today I am hanging in no matter what. Even when my conscious mind wants to give up. I will reach for that healthy, loving part deep within me and with the help of prayer and meditation and the good people in my life, I will find a rainbow.
Today I am breaking out of old patterns and rewriting old tapes.
I am capable of letting go of all the negativity that is standing in the way of my feeling good about myself.
I will open myself up to all the possibilities around me today, leaving my fear of change behind.
If negative feelings are triggered in me today, I will not act on my first negative impulse or desire.
I can handle anything that comes up today.
It feels terrific letting go of perfection as my goal. As I let go of my judgements, all parts of me come together and I feel complete.
Today I will be aware not to judge myself when I act "less than perfect". I am beginning to love myself just as I am, and that feels nice.
Today I have the courage to face life as it is and make progress as part of my life.
I am responsible for my own life.
Today I can bring awareness to my self-talk, and replacing all the negative thoughts with positive thoughts as soon as they appear in my mind.
When I look within, I find I have all that I need. IT feels wonderful to discover that I already am the beautiful person that I would like to be.
Today I choose to feel happy and I will do all that I have to do to make that possible.
Today I choose to think positive and loving thoughts. I know that if I do this I will feel loving and positive and create a positive and loving world for myself and those around me.
I am letting go of all the self-criticism today and changing all my judging thoughts to thoughts of love.
I have all the power I need to say no to the negative thoughts.
I love the person I am becoming.
I have the power to not allow fear to run me or threaten my day.
I will no longer accept the unacceptable ways of living that do not work for me.
I am the only one who has the power to stop myself from feeling wonderful.
I am putting a large stop sign to all my negative self-talk today.
Today I am willing to experience all my feelings, without hiding or running away.
Today I have the courage to look with out fear at what needs to be changed in my life.
Today I choose to see myself well and wholesome. Today I put all my energy into positive thoughts, knowing that my body is healthy and strong.
I am learning new ways to deal with all that comes up in my life today. I am capable of letting go of all the negative ways of dealing with stress and anxiety that are harmful to my mind and body.
My past experiences no longer take up room and live in my mind and body. I am free to live in today.
I am not the best or the worst. I am just me and that is enough.
Today I can release my stress and anxiety in positive and healthy ways.
Today I will be gentle with myself. I can look in the mirror and smile and know that I am okay, just the way I am. I am capable to choose how I feel in the moment. Today, I choose to let go of the thoughts that are negative and destructive. Today I choose to feel good.
Today I will listen to the messages that go on in my head and decide for myself if they are healthy.
Today I will choose to follow positive messages. I tell myself or create new messages that are positive and healthy. I am not striving to be perfect today.
I am very grateful to be exactly where I am today. I do not need to be a victim of my past or controlled by circumstances. Today I choose to think positive. I will let my thoughts lead the way to success and happiness.
Today I am going to spend more time looking for all the positive things about myself.
I recognize and acknowledge myself as a terrific human being.
Today I will allow myself to just be without judgement, without criticism.
Today, the fear aside, I will release all my thoughts and feelings that cause me harm. The rewards are far greater than the negative results of my fear.
I can choose exactly what I want to do to change how I am feeling.
I am developing new and positive habits. I have the desire to put all my energy into moving forward and building a healthy life.
I am wasting my energy trying to change people, places and things.
Today I will take enough time to do something for myself only. I have enough time today and I deserve this time for myself.
Whatever happens outside of me will never replace that which I can find within me, whereever I am.
I am a unique and interdependent human being.
Today I trust what I feel and listen to my inner voice. It does not matter if it is logical or if others agree.
I decide for myself what I value and what rules I wish to live by today.
Today I know whatever is in my life, I have put there; therefore I can let it go as well.
I value myself today. I value everything about me.
I can give up all my struggling and self-defeating messages.
I no longer want to repeat the same mistakes over and over.
It is okay to feel good about myself …and I do!
I am worthy of being gentle with myself.
I am worthy of having success in my life.
I will put a stop to any self-talk that does not make me feel good about myself.
I am a terrific human being! I deserve wonderful things to happen to me…and they are!
It is okay to make mistakes.
I know I have all that I need to do exactly what must be done and go exactly where I need to go!
I am filled with a sense of my own power and I choose to not give it away to my eating disorder.
If something isn’t working for me today, I am willing to let go of the struggle.
Today, I am listening to the messages that I tell myself. Today I want to feel good. I will change all my negative messages into positive ones.
Today I choose to do things for me that make me feel good about myself.
I have all the courage I need to take the step forward in my life that I have been putting off.
I am willing to take positive and healthy actions today and my life is getting better.
I am grateful for the power I have over the future of my life.
I deserve to feel good about myself today-and I do!
Today I can take new risks.
My life is very important to me. I have the right to be happy.
I can accept whatever I am feeling today. Without resistance my feelings pass and I am open to experience whatever is next.
I have a quiet place within me where I can rest. It offers me peace and closeness. This place is mine whenever I want it.
I know I have done the best I can with my life. I am at choice and what I choose right now creates new memories. Today I choose to continue to do the very best.
It feels good to know that I am healing from my old wounds. As I bring love and acceptance to myself today, I can watch the pain disappear and I feel so much better about myself.
Today I am aware of all those who have helped in my life. My heart is filled with gratitude. I know that I am not alone. I know that I am in charge of my own life. I am growing in the ability to become aware of the thoughts that have been controlling me.
I no longer need to hold on to feelings and beliefs, which make me feel upset or unhappy.
I refuse to let the magnetic tape of self-pity to trap me.
I am capable of avoiding negative thinking and replacing it as soon as I notice it.
It feels good to like and accept myself.
I am willing to let go of all the old ways, which keep me from growing.
I am willing to feel pain so I can feel the joy.
I feel lighter and better about myself when I do not procrastinate.
Today I know that I can get through anything.
I have the right to have my needs met, I am expressing them to the people who can help me today.
Whatever I am thinking right now is how I am feeling. I turn to positive and loving thoughts because I choose to feel good.
I will live today as I want to remember my life.
I do not have to accomplish the whole world today.
Although I may feel lonely now. I will not feel lonely forever. This feeling will pass.
I am a nice person. I do not need to isolate myself. I deserve to spend time with others.
Although I feel bored now, I will not feel bored forever. This feeling will pass and I will do something now to help it pass.
I am able to use my time wisely now to work or have fun.
I am a responsible and trustworthy person.
I am a worthwhile person and deserve food to give me energy.
My size does NOT determine who I am.
My past shows me I can be free of my eating disorder.
I am a determined person. I want to and can change my unhealthy behaviors.
I have the strength and determination to accomplish my goals.
I am capable of dealing with any situation presented to me.
I deserve to live healthy and be happy now, and forever.
I deserve to be feed from my eating disorder.
I am an honest person.
I can make mistakes, learn from them and not feel guilty.
I deserve to be loved and to love
I am in charge of my life.
I am capable of making healthy decisions.
I forgive myself for having believed for so long that I was never good enough to have, get, or be what I wanted.
There are things I can force, I must adjust.
I can have urges. I can also choose not to act on them.
I am able because I think I am able.
I am stronger than I think.
I am responsible for my own well being, my own happiness. The choices and decisions I make regarding my life directly influence the quality of my days.
This too shall pass.
I have the courage to make positive changes in my life.
I follow my heart, for I can trust it.
Today I can resolve what I mishandled yesterday.
If I enviously compare myself to others, I am bound to come up short.
Addiction is progressive. So is recovery.
Today may seem to be the same as yesterday, but I have the opportunity to experience it in an entirely different way.
I am responsible for my own actions and consequences.
Now that I am on the right path, I welcome continuing change in my life.
Today is full of possibilities.
I need never go back again.
Many opportunities to make choices will arise today. I can be thoughtful and make choices that will lead to my greater wholeness.
Today I will do one small task that will contribute toward the achievement of a life goal.
I will accept an opportunity today to act, "as if" I can handle a situation I used to run from.
I will remember: I have the power to choose what my attitude will be toward this day's offerings.
I have chosen recovery. I have already said, " I can help it". I will celebrate that I am taking responsibility for my life today.
I will take a long look at where I am today and be grateful for my place. It is right for me, now and is preparing me for the adventure ahead.
I will see the good points in others today. And I will give praise.
I can step toward today with assurance, reaching out to others along the way, trusting that my accumulated steps add stability to my future.
Everyday is a training ground. And every experience trains me to recognize the value of succeeding experiences. With richness, I am developing, one moment at a time.
I have courage to go forward: to meet the new day, to handle whatever confronts me.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Emerson
The worst to bear are self-inflicted wounds. Oedipus Rex
learning to breathe learning to fly

kittyfever
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kittyfever » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:17 am

These are good things...I shall try to read one a day..there are so so many :o