Feeling strange without si

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

briochick
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Feeling strange without si

Post by briochick » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 am

Right. So last week I went in to the psych center at my school and at that time I'd gone a little over two weeks without any serious si. they then contracted me to not si and they've been doing that for almost a week now. I si-ed mildly in durring a two hour period where I wasn't under contract. That puts me at three weeks with only two mild si-ing.

Fantastic right? Except I'd do it if I wasn't under contract. My intense need to keep my word, not particularly my desire to quit is keeping me from si-ing.

I'm terrified to be normal. I'm terrified to be a freak.

Without any kind of "serious" si weird things have been happening. I cry all the time. I have times where my emotions feel like they're exploding out of me and times of almost-numbness. I'll be physically sensative but more I'm loosing awareness of parts of my body at times. Sometimes I feel like I'm experiencing things through a gauze curtain. At a moment's notice I may feel like I'm going to freak out or start crying. My heart randomly starts pounding. I get tired so so quickly. My dreams are stressfull if not violent. And in this all is the thought that if I was si-ed it would even me out and that something is inherantly 'wrong' with me not si-ing. Oh, and I'm having a really hard time being around people and making eyecontact.

I am also torn between the desire to make "pretty marks" on myself and the desire to leave my skin unmarred so I can wear shorts come summer.

What is going on? Can something help with this? Am I finally going nuts? Is this normal? What happens when I'm no longer under contract?

*lays head down on table and focuses on breathing*
-Lori
"My mission in life is not merely to survive,
But to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion,
some humor, and some style."
-Maya Angelou

"Neurons that fire together wire together."
http://www.buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 9&t=208861<--- My Place
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=108124 <--My Old Place (locked)
:2_year_si_free: :2_year_si_free: :2_year_si_free: :2_year_si_free: :2_year_si_free: :2_year_si_free: :1_year_si_free:

xx mimi xx
building community
building community

Post by xx mimi xx » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:20 am

I dont know what advice I can give you, but I hear you. Just so you know, theres nothing wrong with being normal. Even though youre normal doesnt mean youre like everyone else. And if you meant that being normal would make you a freak, it wouldnt. Sorry I dont have better advice for you.

x3 mimi
My Place
Send Coffee

Amneris
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

i know

Post by Amneris » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:19 pm

I know how you feel, i didnt si for a long itme till 3 days ago.. and i did it just because i felt "strange", like there was nothing wrong with me now you know?? i hate that feeling i just want to be happy without having to sabotage myself.. and then yesterday i got really mad at someone and i felt like i was drowning cause i was trying to avoid cutting and i did my best but i couldnt help it.. i didnt cut but i ended up si-ing.
anyway, i know how you feel, take care ok? :wink:
Ever unfolding, ever expanding, ever adventurous and torturous and Never Done..

Making my entrance again with my usual flair, sure of my lines.. No one is there..

~Send in the Clowns~ <-- my place

~Soon I'll grow up and I won't even flinch at your name~ <-- expressions