College Graduation/Job Issues...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

ProudPatriot07
growing roots
growing roots

College Graduation/Job Issues...

Post by ProudPatriot07 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:29 am

So, I know a lot of the people who use this forum are in college or high school, and I'm not sure how many responses I'm gonna get from this, but I am extremely worried about graduation and job hunting and basically my transition into the so-called "real world"

As far as job hunting goes, I've already started that (I graduate in May). I went on an interview last week for a job as a Marketing Editor/Writer at a software company here in town. I really hope that I get that job, but at the same time, if I don't get it, I'm not sure how I'm gonna deal with the rejection. I'm honestly scared that I'm going to deal with it by hurting myself (which is normally how I deal with extremely difficult things, unfortunately).

Oh, and the company has two portfolios full of my writing, so if I don't get the job, I still have to go back to the place to pick up my writing. So I'm really hoping I get it!

But... what I'm asking is how do you deal with rejection like this? Without doing something self-destructive, obviously?

I'm just really anxious about this... I hope that I get the job first and foremost, but I'm scared that if I don't, it's not going to be pretty. After my last incident, my shrink got really tough (which was what I needed), we figured out a lot, and I've made a lot of progress. I just hate to blow it all away...

-Amy

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 am

the initial interviews and stuff are tough, but eventually you get used to it...

just remember that they are not rejecting *YOU* personally, and it has nothing to do with what you look like or who you *are*, they just want to know if you are going to be a good fit wherever it is that you apply to..
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: