Got through the night

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Got through the night

Post by Candy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:39 pm

I can not believe that I got through the night without doing any SH,it was not easy,but being on the bus is helping me alot,and I need to add things to my coping box and I am working on that,even though I am having a hard time. My anxiety level is still high and the thought of doing SH,is there,the urge is hard to deal with sometimes. I want to thank everyone there who has been very supportive to me,and I will continue to write on the bus web board. I am still having problems of finding pictures to color,like Hello Kitty,cats,butterflies and dolphins,if anyone knows of a good website,please let me know. It has been real hard for me and I am get soo tired of it,but I am trying to be strong.It is hard when my parents do not understands my illness,my boy-friend is trying to help,but I know that he gets frustrated,cause he does not know what to do to help me,and that makes me feel bad inside,cause I know that it is hard for him as well.There are times that I have to take it one minute at a time and other days are better then other.I get so angry with myself,cause I am trying so hard and I just want the anxiety to go away and the urge to do SH,but I know that it takes times. I just wanted to let you know that I got through the night,and I am proud of myself for that.It is so hard for me.You are weclome to Pm if you like,or write on the bus.Hanging in there
I am giving myself a :bfly: Doing the best I can. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:35 am

I'm really sorry that you feel bad, but I'm glad that you were able to make it through the night w/out SH. Just remember that you are strong and you can make it through this.
I hope it's not out of line to give you a hug :1hug:

5th section
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring
Location: if rain makes Britain great then Manchester is greater

Post by 5th section » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:41 pm

well done Candy! a night without SI can be incredibly hard, expecially if you're going through a hard time which you seem to be at the moment. I'm sorry you're feeling bad but I hope you realise what a great achievement that was. It takes real strength.
I hope it's not out of line to give you a hug
ditto...((((((((((have one if you want!))))))))))
...then one day I realised that the people you see in waiting rooms and car parks and on trains are really far more interesting. That they all have whole novels inside them, a fabric of scar tissues, photos and memories. They are comedies and tragedies and - more often - both at the same time.
- Anna James (1984-2007)

son of ultimate starshine / brother of Eisa & Sprink / Birdie's ornithologist / married to Mande / Chey's uncle
- my place
- my band (or more accurately, the band of which I am the bassist) some SI/SU triggers in lyrics...proceed with caution...

GOING STRAIGHT SINCE 1ST DECEMBER 2009

syn
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by syn » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:42 pm

I just wanted to say congrats for getting through the night, I know how difficult that can be. It's especially hard when people around us don't have a full comprehension of what's going on. I think it's a really good idea to keep adding to your coping box.
~ Syn

with recognition we will grieve
that waking is the sorrow of ending dreams

expiation.org