when you feel you cant go on......

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

when you feel you cant go on......

Post by angelic212 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:47 am

When you cant go on

I'm sorry you're hurting so desperately right now. I know how painful the seconds, minutes and days can be, how long the nights are.

I understand how very hard hanging on is and how much courage it takes

I ask though that you hold on to one day, just one day and slowly the despair will pass. These feelings you feel you're trapped in will serve their purpose and then fade away.

Difficult to imagine isn't it? Almost impossible to believe when every cell in your body it seems is crying out in agony, desperately in need of comfort. When it feels like the only thing in the whole world that can touch your pain and banish it is beyond your grasp.

And after all this time, the assurance that you will heal has become empty and broken promise. Just let one cell in your body believe in the promise of healing. just one and you can then surrender every other cell to your despair.

Just that one little cell of faith that you can heal and be whole again is enough to keep you going, is enough to lead you through the darkness. Although it can't banish your suffering it can sustain you until the time comes for you to let your pain go. The letting go can only occur in its own time, as much as we would like to push the pain away forever.

HOLD ON- Hold on to appreciate the beauty of the earth, to feel the songs of the birds in your heart, to learn and to teach, to laugh a genuine laugh, to dance on the beach, to rest peacefully, to expereince contentment, to want to be in no other place but in the here and now and to trust yourself and to trust your life.

HOLD ON-Because it's worth the terrible waiting

HOLD ON- Because you are worthy.

HOLD ON- Because the wisdom that will follow you out of this darkness will be a tremendous gift

HOLD ON-Because you have so much love and joy waiting to be experienced.

HOLD ON- because life is precious, even though it can bring terrible losses.

HOLD ON- Because there is so much that you can't now imagine waiting ahead on your journey- a destiny only you can fulfill.

HOLD ON- although you are exhausted and your grasp is shaky, and you want more than anything to let go sometimes, hold on even though

PLEASE HOLD ON

So much in life can be difficult even impossible to understand. I know, I know.. so many of us have cried in dispair, why? why? why? and still the answers and the comfort failed to show

Survival can be a long and lonely road in spite of all of those who've stumbled down the path before you. It can be a treacherous and torturous journey- so easy to get lost and yet impossible to avoid even one painful step.

And the light, the light at the end of the dark tunnel for so long cannot be seen although eventully you'll begin to feel its warmth as you move forward. Forward you must move in order to get through the hell of remembering the despair, rage, and of grief. Keep looking forward.

Rest if you must, doubt your ability to survive the journey if you have to, never let go but never let go of the guide ropes, although your hands feel empty they are there. Please trust me, they are there.

When you're exhuasted and all you have to count on is a weak and weary faith, hold on.

When you think you want to die, hold on till you recognise that it's not death you seek but for the pain to go away.

Hold on because the darkness will surely fade away

PLEASE HOLD ON

PLEASE HOLD ON

PLEASE HOLD ON

PLEASE HOLD ON

PLEASE HOLD ON

PLEASE HOLD ON

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 am

I just found this wandering through old coping threads. Im in a bad spot but its kinda just what I wanted/needed to hear

:star:
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

2crazy
creating your space
creating your space

hold on

Post by 2crazy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 pm

thanks angelic2122-

but how do you hold on when you think your family and friends would be better off without all the chaos that comes with me?? it seems like my dissolusionment hasnt gotten better, and people are getting tired of it. i have a great family, job, house etc. yet i still feel overwhelmed with the past. it haunts me every day.

cindy
deep dark thoughts make it hard to survive.
sometimes i bleed just to know im alive.

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:18 pm

:star: :star:

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.