Now that I've talked...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

briochick
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Now that I've talked...

Post by briochick » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:11 pm

I'm angry. I'm hurt. I'm scared. And I'm frustrated.
I started selfinjuring again. I've never really been able to stop. But I know I need to, so I started to talk about it. I told my a few of my friends, and my room mate and my mother and sister and brother. I've told a few room mates before but they always kind of ignored my words. Anyway, now I'm all open about it and I feel sick and evil and I want to selfinjure even more! Too many emotions! Too much! I still can't tell my dad. He calls suicide the act of the most selfish of people. He'd be disgusted with me. He'd make me want to die. I'm so mad! I've only si-ed a little bit since I got home, just not to dissapoint my mother but my skin crawls all the time with the desire to do it. My father also comments on my body and my clothes and it's disturbing me. It used to not bother me but now the things he does, how insensitive he is and just how he thinks he has a right to comment on my sexuality or sexiness makes me sick, and makes me want to si violently. I'm trying to be calm, to push it down because if I explode no one will listen and I'm talking. I am talking. But right now I feel like things are as tumutuous inside as ever.

What do I do? How do I act? Am I evil that I don't feel like I 'want' to stop though I know I 'should'?

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:25 am

evil.. no.

what have you tried to stop?

suicide is to some degree selfish. in that long after the person who killed themself is dead.. those who knew them are left to deal with that.

syn
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by syn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:14 am

^ agrees with every point

and

what have you done to try to cope, or deal with the triggering issues?
~ Syn

with recognition we will grieve
that waking is the sorrow of ending dreams

expiation.org