No SI for two weeks,afraid of relapase

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

No SI for two weeks,afraid of relapase

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:39 pm

It has been 2 weeks since I have done any SI,and the feelings are getting strong again,and I am trying very hard to control this,it is not easy.I am proud of myself for not doing any SI,but right now the feelings are getting strong,and I am getting nerves and afraid of what could happen tonight. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestes how they get through the night when they feel like doing any SI. I feel like I am having a anxiety attack,and my emotions really start bothering me and then SI,happens.
I do not like the way I am feeling and when someon gets me upsets or tells me something that is when the anxiety level gets so high and I can not deal with the uncomfortable feelings that I am having and that is when the SI thoughts go through my mind. I am trying to get through each day and it has been going good,but today,the thougths are there and the anxiety level I can not relax. I know that i keep going on,but I need to post,cause I do not want any SI to happen,and I am trying very hard. I am just hanging in there.
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by recovering4me » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:52 pm

try distracting yourself with something or doing somethign to comfort yourself. there's always reading the LONG LONG LONG list of distractiosn too lol it is usaully good for about half our at least depending on how fast you read...
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*