split from coping

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

split from coping

Post by moo-moo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:03 pm

alot of you can probably relate to this, but i have just started to try and stop sm, and i feel that i have split from it. when i cant cut i feel really agaited, and very stressed out. i also get jumpy and parnoid that someone is going to find, out, but i just heard that it is around the school that i cut and burn. i just recently started to carry a lighter at school, so when i feel depressed or stressed out, i say i need to go to the bathroom and i burn myself. i always feel better afterwards, but my friend somehow found out what i do in there and he is really worried about me. he said if i dont stop soon, that he is going to tell my parents or the counslers at school. my mom thinks i have stopped sming. i feel like i am letting my friends and family down. it can be really depressing when you are trying not to cut or burn, but you have so many pressures on yourself that you cant think of anything else to do. it is like that is the only thing you can focus on until you do it and then you can think clearly for a while. i just wanted some advice on how to deal with the rumor, and carrying the lighter at school.
hugs and pms welcome*****
My Place "I will always love him"

your bottles almost empty..you know this cant go on, because of you my mind is always racing..
the needles breaking your skin..the scar is sinking in...and know your trip begins..
but its all over for...its all over for you.....you....
when your on the edge and falling off..its all over for you...for you..

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 pm

hi,

I've read a few of your posts.

& in relation to both hurting yourself bu cutting or burning, and scratching your scalp... these are all things you do because you have no other coping mechanisms.

It's nothing to be ashamed of.

You don't need to worry about letting anyone down.

It is a behaviour that you will eventually be able to stop in the event that you start feeling better about yourself, and your life.

It's good you want to stop doing these things. But you need to put in some NEW coping mechanisms, or it will be very hard to stop.

Perhaps you should confide in your friends, or a counsellor. Or another adult you feel you can talk to.

Otherwise, there are distractions you can use to stop yourself from needing to hurt yourself. You can draw, sew, run, take up a sport, ring a friend, post on bus, start a journal, find things to do. There are endless possibilities.

But ultimately you need to start finding ways to make you feel better about YOU.

Have you anyone to talk to?
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:09 pm

yes i have someone to talk to. what i have noticed is that the body picking has been, like liteartly nothing today. which is good. every morning i would come downstairs with my head already having a new sore on it, but today was different, i didnt do it. i am so happy, just to let you know i am already in some sports. actully i am well known at my school for the girl on the track team that is really fast. i also take wrestling which is so awsome, but we have to wear a singlet, so i am worried about the sars on my legs showing, and it is not pretty, so i am thinking of a way to not wear sweats when wrestling in meets, but maybe some underarmor, spandix that start at your ankles and end at your waist so it is covering your all of the leag area?

your bottles almost empty..you know this cant go on, because of you my mind is always racing..
the needles breaking your skin..the scar is sinking in...and know your trip begins..

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:58 pm

yep good old fashioned legging will do the trick :)
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:04 pm

i dont know where to get them.

need alot of support, just binged, cant purge because of promise made, anxious, and scared of si'ing really badly

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by recovering4me » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:06 pm

hello hon... sorry this is kindof late!! i hope you made it through without SI. SI is like any other addiction. like someone said you have to find new ways to deal with things before stopping :) ((hugs)) ellen
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*