A *Coping Method*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Pan!c
creating your space
creating your space

A *Coping Method*

Post by Pan!c » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 am

:wink: For Those Who *SI*:

I was so frustated and anxious a bit ago, to try and relax I was going to *SI* but instead i was using the ice method and it wasn't helping I needed something more dramatic so I was thinking maybe I should use the ice method on my entire body, then it clicked duh... take a shower with freezing cold water. So I jumped in and at first it was excrusiating (I don't think I spelled that right, lol) and was really weird but the way it works is it combines four different coping methods:
1. Pain- caused by the cold
2. Deep Breathing- While your in the water you shorta have to gaspe for air from the pain and coldness
3. Releasing Emotion- Since your in the shower your free to do whatever you wish and you can cry, yell, and calm yourself
4. Relaxing- Once you finally are getting use to the cold you start feeling really relaxed and better

It really helped me and I'm just so relaxed I might even fall asleep.

*So if anyone else trys this let me know how it works for you*
*I am alone in this bed...
she never fixes this,
but at least she make me forget.
* The only thing worse than not knowing is you thinking that I don't know, I am having another episode I just need a stronger dose...
*I keep telling myself I am not the desperate type, but youv'e got me looking through the blinds.
*Sitting out dances on the wall trying to forget everything isn't you, I am not going home alone cause I don't do too well on my own!
- panic! at the disco and fall out boy

44_false_starts
settling in
settling in

Post by 44_false_starts » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:42 am

That's a great idea!
you ask me if the ringing in your ears could be the sound of thought...

Neviah
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Neviah » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:13 pm

im gonna try that