break ups

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Skyeler
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by Skyeler » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:22 pm

I think there has to be a point where you take control of your own life and go with what you feel is right no matter what your parents think.

If that's imposible you just... I don't know grieve the relationship I guess...

Most of the time I feel like I don't belong.
But I got my new favorite record today.
My favorites change every single day.
Except you,
You'll always be number one.
[/center]

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:18 pm

why did your parents break up the relationship?

okay. before you jump on this and answer, THINK about it. if you honestly don't know, ask. it never hurts. try to get an explanation.

i ask you to think about this because i've been in a similar situation. i was in a relationship that i thought was very very good, but was actually very very bad but at the time i did not know it (oh hindsight...) - this is not to say that our circumstances will be or are the same, it just bears mentioning.

truth be told...skyeler is right. you'll have to grieve the ending of the relationship.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

katja
growing roots
growing roots

Post by katja » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:52 pm

Screw your parents. I had this same situation with my ex, it was proper proper true love, I've never felt like that since. We ended up breaking up coz we were just too crazy to tolerate each other. but anyways.....

My dad HATED him and his mom HATED me, she used to lock him in his house, cut off all his financial support (even though he was at uni and badly needed it) she used to follow me, my dad wouldn't let me bring him home. But I never listened to them, I loved him too much, loved him more than I loved them. Maybe it didn't work out but I'd never swap those two years I had with him ever. I learnt too much about myself.

Vicious_Me
one of us
one of us

Post by Vicious_Me » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:23 am

I know it's hard...I had a girlfriend my rents didn't approve of as well....just fallow your heart...do what feels right, or else you'll regret it.

And try not to beat yourself up for it...it's not your fault. I'm currently going thorugh some relationship problems as well. And I know how hard it is, esp. when you still love the person.

So, let's make a deal...if you don't hurt yourself tonight, I won't either... Deal???

much love

-------
Vicious_Me
"I know how you feel," said Sally to Jack under her breath, almost hoping he'd hear. But it was too late, lost in darkness, Jack was gone. Sally's Ragdoll heart melted, just as his was. A tear rolled down Sally's face.

Vicious_Me
one of us
one of us

Post by Vicious_Me » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:49 pm

of course it is...*smiles*

(((hugs))) it'll be ok.
"I know how you feel," said Sally to Jack under her breath, almost hoping he'd hear. But it was too late, lost in darkness, Jack was gone. Sally's Ragdoll heart melted, just as his was. A tear rolled down Sally's face.