Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:30 pm

I am just relaxing and watching t.v.,with my boy-friend. We are not going any where today,just going to hang out,we both have day treatment program tomorrow,and we have to get up early. I already had dinner from Wendy's and it was good. I am hanging in there and fighting my urges of SI and it is very hard sometimes,but if I can get through this night without doing any,I will feel great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:34 am

I had a great night so far,my boy-friend and I just watch t.v.. We relax and took it easy. He just left to go home and get some sleep. I will be going to bed real soon,cause I have to get up early to go to day treatment program,and I am looking forward to it. I did not do any SI tonight and I am proud of myself for it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I already took my medication for the night,and I am getting tired. I am doing alright and feeling anxious,cause of the slip that I had,it is still sore,but I am taking care of it. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:08 pm

I had a great day at program today,and the groups went great. My therapist was not there,she had the day off today. I got my banking done and I also wrote in my journal which helped me alot. I did not do any SI so far,and that is good. I just feel restless,but otherwise I am doing ok. I am going to take it easy till my boy-friend gets here,not sure what we are going to do. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have the day off tomorrow to clean my apartment,then my nurse will be doing my medication,and the rest of the day is mine,I have problems staying focus in the moment. I am going to be fine. I am going to watch t.v.,till he gets here. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:33 am

I had a great night,my boy-friend and I just watch t.v.,and relax for the rest of the night. He just left to go home and get some sleep,I will be doing the samething soon.I just have to clean my apartment tomorrow and then my nurse will be coming over to do my medications. I am going to get a good night sleep. I did not do any SI today,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright and feeling ok. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:18 pm

I am doing alright. I got my cleaning done this morning and then my nurse came over to do my medications. My boy-friend will be over around 5pm and we are going out for awhile. I am still fighting this cold and I just want it to go away. I did not write in my journal today,but I did write in it yesterday. I am keeping myself busy by doing positive things. I did not do any SI last night and so far today I am doing good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good. hanging in there and taking care of myself. be back on later :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi Candy, sorry you still have that cold, hopefully it will get better for you soon. It's good to hear you're taking care of yourself though, it's a really positive thing to do.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:25 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I am feeling better and the cold is almost gone,it just like hanging on sometimes. I am doing alright,my boy-friend and I went out for awhile to the mall,we had a great time together. I had a good talk with my nurse about slipping with SI and it helped alot,tomorrow I see my doctor at program and I will talk this over with her. I am relaxing and watching t.v.,when he leaves to go home,I will go to bed as well,cause I have to get up early to go to day treatment program,looking forward to going. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine.I did not do any SI today,that is good. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow after I get home from program. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:17 am

My boy-friend just left and I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. I just wanted to say that I am doing alright and I did not do any SI tonight,that is great. I will be just fine. I am getting tired and I also have to get up early. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on tomorrow evening. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:23 pm

I had a great night and I did not do any SI either. I had a good time at day treatment program and I saw the doctor there,she helped me alot,she did not make any changes in my medications either. I am just relaxing and writing in my journal,and after that I am going to go lay down till my boy-friend gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good and my moods are stable. I am hanging in there. I do not know what we are going to do tonight,but I will find out when he gets here. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:59 am

I am doing pretty good. I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. Then I took a nap,cause I was so tired out. My boy-friend is here and we are watching t.v.,for the rest of the night. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and then later on I am getting my hair cut. I am feeling pretty good so far,and no SI either. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I might get myself back in to coloring,or some craft to keep myself busy,just not sure yet. I am hanging in there,and taking care of myself. Be back later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:08 am

I am doing alright. I am just watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and after he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early to go to day treatment progarm. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am also getting my haircut after program at 5:30pm. I am feeling pretty good and I have been using my coping skills. I know that I am going to get a good night sleep,cause I am getting tired. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:00 pm

I just got home from day treatment program and I had a good day. I also met with my therapist and we had a good talk. I am going to take it easy for awhile till I leave at 5pm,cause I have to get my haircut. I do not know what my boy-friend and I are doing tonight,but we will have a good time,cause we will be together. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have not done any SI so far,and that is great. My therapist and I have notice that most of the time that I do SI,is over the weekend,cause I am keeping check each day on whether I use my coping skills or not,and if my symptoms are reappearing or not,and it has helped me alot to see what is going on. My therapist has seen it and so has my doctor. It has been very helpful to me. I am feeling pretty good,and I feel pretty stable today. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on later sometime :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi Candy, I'm glad you had a good day today. That's interesting what your therapist was saying about the si. It's a good thing to notice, and having an awareness of what triggers these things off can really help with the urges. Because if you can say 'I'm feeling this way because...' it makes it a little easier to deal with. Hope you have a nice time later.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:43 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. It does help me alot to keep track of my coping skills that work for me,and know what days are harder for me,and we find out that weekends are where I do slip with SI the most. I am watching a movie with my boy-friend and after he leaves later, I will be going to bed. I have off tomorrow and I just have to do things around here,then my friend and I are going out shopping,then for lunch,so I would not be back till later on,then my boy-friend will be over afterwards.My friend is picking me up around 1:30 in the afternoon. I am doing alright,and feeling pretty good. I got my haircut and it looks nice. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not do any SI either,that is great. I did not write in my journal today,but I will do so tomorrow. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on tomorrow sometime. I am just fine. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:56 pm

I slept real good last night. I have some stuff to do around here and then my friend and I are going out for lunch,then do some shopping. Then my boy-friend will be over afterwards. I am doing alright,and feeling pretty good. I am going to write in my journal in a little while. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself.My mother is in a bad mood this morning,and I am trying to stay away from her,cause I know when she gets like this,she can be verbally abusive to me,and I do not deserve it and I do not want to hear it,but I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:37 pm

I went out for lunch with my friend and then went shopping,I had a great time,and I enjoy myself. I am going to relax and take it easy till my boy-friend gets here,not sure what we are going to be doing till he gets here. I did not do any SI today and that is pretty good. Just feeling depressed,cause I feel like I lost my friends right now,and it is bothering me,and I hate feeling lonely,even though I have my boy-friend,I miss my friends also,there is nothing I can do to change the situation,it has to be up to them,cause I have done everything that I can do,it is hard though. I am going to be alright,just taking care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am not sure if we are going out or not,find out when he gets here. I will be just fine and taking care of myself. Be back on, later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:33 am

I had a great night so far. My boy-friend and I went for awhile and we had a good time,now we are sitting here watching t.v.. After he leaves I will be going to bed. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I am feeling pretty good and I am doing alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to do things tomorrow that are positive for me and enjoy myself as well. I will be alright. I am going to take care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:41 pm

I doing alright. I went to my mother's house to visit and I had a good time. I am doing some cleaning and after that the rest of the day is mine. I feeling pretty good and my cold is starting to clear up. I did not do any SI last night and that is good,cause I know that the weekends are hard for me,so I have to be careful and to make sure that I use my coping skills more. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi Candy, i'm glad to hear your cold is clearing up. You're doing great with the si urges, you should feel really good about that. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Thanks for the nice messges that you sent me. It is hard for me to feel good about things that I do positive,and I do not know how to change this,so any ideals thanks. I am proud of myself though,even though it is not easy. I washed my floors this morning,took a nap,then I wrote in my journal and had dinner,so I had a good day so far. My boy-friend will be over in a little while,so I do not know what we are going to do. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to relax till he gets here. I will be just fine. I hope you have a nice weekend also. I will be back on later :bcatsmile: