Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:23 pm

I went out with my boy-friend to do some shopping and then we went to Wendy's to get something to eat. We are watching t.v.,for awhile and then later we are going out to visit some friends. I am doing alright,just feeling anxious right now,but I will be alright. I have day treatment program tomorrow,so I have to get up early in the morning,but I am looking forward to it. I will be back on the bus before I go to bed. I am taking care of myself. hanging in there :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Candy, I hope you have a good time at program today, and keep looking after yourself. You're doing great.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I am doing alright,I had a great night sleep,and I will be talking to my therapist and let her know about the panic attack that I had. I hope you have a great day as well. I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to going in. I will be back on the bus later on when I get home. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:01 pm

I had a great day at program and I had a great talk with my therapist,she wants me to keep track of my panic attacks when I have them,so I can show her and the doctor,which is a great ideal. I am going to write in my journal and then lay down for awhile. My boy-friend will be over later on. My therapist thinks it is because I have not done any SI lately,that the urges are getting to me,and that is what is bring on the panic attacks,we are not sure yet. I will be just fine and feeling anxious,but I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to enjoy the rest of my day. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 am

I am doing alright,just going to relax with my boy-friend and take it easy. I am soo afraid of having another panic attack,that I do not want to scare myself in to one,but I will be alright. I took a nap after I wrote in my journal and writing in it helped alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not do any SI so far,and that is great. I will be just fine. taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we watched a good movie and spent a great time together. He went home to get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon. I did some coloring and I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile till I go to bed,getting tired. I have cleaning to do here tomorrow and my nurse is coming over to do my medication. I did not do any SI today,that is soooo great. :star: I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing pretty good,and I feel fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 pm

I had a great night sleep,and I going to get things done that I have to do,and the rest of the day is mine to enjoy. NO SI last night that is great. I just wanted to say have a nice day everyone. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

I got most of my cleaning done,and I also finished coloring my pictures. I am watching t.v,for awhile and then finish my bedroom,my nurse will be over later on. I am doing alright,and I have cramps,so I am also going to lay down. I will be alright and taking care of myself. hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:41 pm

I had a good day so far. I got my cleaning done,my nurse came over to do my medication container. Then I went out for awhile to get out of the apartment. I am doing pretty good,I feel alright,just feeling somewhat anxious,so I am trying to relax myself and take it easy. I will probably get something to eat and relax,till my boy-friend gets here. I have not done any SI at all,that is great,it is not that easy sometimes. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi Candy, I'm sorry that you're feeling a bit anxious at the moment and I know that it can be hard sometimes. I hope that things get better though, and the rest of your day goes well. Take care.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:14 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I already had dinner,then did the dishes. I know I hate feeling anxious too,but I am coping with it the best way I can. I am hanging in there. My boy-friend will be over soon,I know we are going out,but not sure what we are going to do. I have not done any SI today,that is great. I did not write in my journal today,but I will do it tomorrow. I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I hope you have a nice day too. taking care of myself. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:16 am

I am having a good night so far,we are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will write in it tomorrow,after program. I have not done any SI today,that is soo great it has been over a week now,and I am soo proud of myself. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I just wantet to let everyone know how I am doing. I have cramps and a headache,but my period is coming on,but I took something for it. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus before I go to bed. taking care of myself. :star: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:26 am

I am doing alright and I am feeling pretty good. My boy-friend and I are watching t.v.,and after he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early for day treatment program,looking forward to going,just not looking forward to getting up early. I will be just fine. I have not done any SI today,that is great!!!!. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I going to take care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 pm

I had a great night sleep. I am getting ready for day treatment
program and I am looking forward to going. I am doing alright,just feeling somewhat anxious and depressed,cause the friends that are mad at me,are still not talking to me and it hurts,but I keep using my coping skills everyday. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. When I get home I will be writing in my journal,then take a nap. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime later on sometime. :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:57 pm

I had a great day at program today,and the groups went great. I came home and wrote in my journal,and that helped me alot. I am going to lay down afterwards and take it easy till my boy-friend gets here. NO SI at all,wonder if that is why I had a panic attack over the weekend,just glad that I did not do any SI. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright,just feeling somewhat anxious,otherwise I am doing good. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:33 pm

I am doing alright, I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,I am not sure what we are going to do tonight,we are probably going out for awhile,but I am not sure where,just to get out of the apartment. I am feeling alright. I did not do any SI so far,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:03 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went out for awhile,and know we are watching t.v.,for the rest of the night. I am did not do any SI today and that is soo great. I got everything done today that I needed to do. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to going. After my boy-friend leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early to get ready for program. I am feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I feel more relax than I did earlier. I hope everyone is doing good. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus tomorrow when I get home from program. :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:43 pm

I had a great time last night. I slept real good and I did not do any SI either,that is sooo great.I am getting ready for day treatment program,and I am going to enjoy my day,I also have to see my therapist,she does help me alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing pretty good. Have a great day everyone!!! I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 pm

I had a great day at program,and I had a great talk with my therapist,she helped me alot. I am going to lay down for awhile till my boy-friend gets here. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow,cause I have a chip on my tooth it is not a bad one,just a small one,but I want to get it taking care of before it gets worse. I am tired out. I am taking care of myself and doing the best I can. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:45 am

I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,and we had a great time watching t.v.,then we went out for awhile,came home and we are going to watch t.v.,for the rest of the night. I have the day off tomorrow,I just have to go to the dentist at 11:30,that is all. I did not write in my journal today,but I will tomorrow. I did not do any SI today,and that is soo great,it has been soo hard on me lately not to do it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright and I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile: :1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free: