Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:33 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I had a great day at program today,it went well. I also met with my therapist today,something she said to me,got me upset,she was more worry how I did the SI and where I did it at program,the bathrooom,then the injuring it self,if that makes any Sense to anyone.She will be on vacation next week,so I will not be seeing her,and there is no one else I can talk to,cause it is a support therapy at program. Then I came home and took a nap,cause I was tired,then my boy-friend came over and we went out for awhile,cause I needed to get out of this apartment.He just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon. My parents are leaving for West Viginaia,if I spell that right,today,and they will be back Sun,need time away from them. I am doing alright,no SI today,that is great.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will take care of myself. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:15 pm

I had a great night sleep last night,and I did not do any SI either,and that was a great thing.My parents are gone till Sun,cause they went to West Virginia,not sure if I spell that right. My boy-friend is here and we are spending the day together. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to have a great day. taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:12 pm

I am having a good day so far,I am spending time with my boy-friend. It is a nice day outside. I have not done any SI today,which is a good thing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright and taking care of myself.I will be on the bus later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:02 am

I am having a great time with my boy-friend,we are watching t.v. I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself for that. We are going to watch t.v., for awhile and then go to bed. I did not write in my journal today,but I did other coping skills that helped me as well. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm

I had a great night last night with my boy-friend,we watched some movies that we rented. He left this morning to get things done at home,and he will be back later. I have things to do around here as well,like do dishes and I am going to write in my journal afterwards.I did not do any SI last night and I am proud of myself. It is nice outside and I am going to enjoy it.I still have thoughts of doing SI,but I am going to fight it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.My parents will be home tomorrow sometime. I hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be alright and I am going to take care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:35 pm

I am doing alright,I took a nap for awhile,and then I did the dishes and wrote in my journal. I already talked to my boy-friend he is doing fine,he will be over later on. I am doing pretty good,just feeling alone,do not know why,but I am hanging in there. I have the urges to do SI,but I am fighting it,somedays are easy than others.I just wanted to let eveyone know how I am doing.I am not sure what we will be doing later,but I will find out when he gets here. I am going to be just fine. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm

I am doing pretty good. I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend showed up. I am not sure what we are doing tonight,but as long as I am with him,I will be alright. No,self-harm so far and that is pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I kept myself busy most of the day and I enjoy myself. I hope everyone is doing alright. I hanging in there. I do not know when I will be back on later,just wanted to let you know that I am alright. Be back later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:01 am

I took another nap,cause I was tired,then my boy-friend came over and we are going out to visit some friends together,and I am going to have a great time. My parents will be home sometime tomorrow.I had a great weekend so far and I enjoy myself. I hope everyone here is doing alright. I have not done any SI and I am very proud of myself. :star: I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.If I am not back on the bus later tonight,I will be back on it sometime tomorrow,not sure when I will be home. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Candy, Wow, you're doing so great with the urges and all. You're right to be proud of yourself because it's not easy sometimes. Hope you have a good time visiting your friends!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks for the nice messages,you are a nice person. I had a great time visiting my friends,and when I got home,I went to bed. I had a great night sleep,no SI last night. My parents are coming home today. I had some stuff to do around here,mainly pick up the apartment.It needs it. I have a feeling that I will know sometime soon,when I will be moving,cause they are almost done with the apartments,that I will be moving in to. I will let everyone know when I get the 30 days notice. They are fixing up all the apartments here. I am hanging in here and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:09 pm

I kept myself busy today, I took a nap for awhile and then I treated myself out for dinner,at Wendy's. I had a great time. My boy--friend will be here later on. My parents are home from their vacation,I had a good time being alone myself. I did not write in my journal today,but I will tomorrow. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am lookin forward to going. I have not done any SI today,but the thoughts and the urges are still there. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am alright. Be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:52 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went to visit some friends tonight,and we had a great time.We are watching a movie and taking it easy. I did not do any SI today,that is great. I am feeling pretty good,and relaxing. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I plan on getting a good night sleep as well. I did not get to write in my journal today,but I will write in it tomorrow. I am hanging in there and using my coping skills. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am

Hey Candy, I'm glad you had a good time with your friends and you're feeling good. It's really good that you're taking things as they come and using your coping skills, that's all so positive! Hope program goes well.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:05 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent. I had a great night sleep,and no SI last night,which I am proud of myself for,it is not easy though.I getting ready for program and I plan on having a great day. I will be back on the bus later on when I get home. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:09 am

I had a great day at program today,and everything went great. I did not see my therapist today,cause she is on vacation for the whole week. I came home and took a nap,cause I was soo tired out,then when I woke up my boy-friend came over. I did not write in my journal tonight,cause I was tired and when I woke up,I did not feel like it. I will have more time tomorrow to write,cause it is my day off. I am doing alright so far,and no SI so far,it has not been easy at all. We are watching t.v.,and relaxing. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good so far,maybe just a little bit anxious,but I will be alright,if not I will be back on here later. I am taking care of myself. Be back later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 am

I am doing alright so far. My boy-friend left to go home and get some sleep and I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile,then go to bed myself. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I have a busy day tomorrow,besides cleaning my apartment,my nurse is coming over to do my medication and then later on my case-manager is coming over to visit me. I have the urges to do SI,but I am going to fight it,and that is why I came on here,cause it keeps myself busy,but I will be just fine. I aom going to go to bed real soon,that helps me. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm

I had a great night sleep,and I did not do any SI either,that is great. I am cleaning my apartment now,and when I am done,I will do things that are positive for me,like writing in my journal and other stuff that I want to do. I feel alright this morning,just not awake yet. My nurse and case-manager will be over later on sometime,but I will have plenty of time to do what I want to do. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 pm

I had a busy day so far. I took a nap for awhile,starting writing in my journal,and then my nurse came over and did my medication,then I fell back to sleep after he left,then my case-manager came over we had a great talk,then I cooked myself dinner and did the dishes. Then I finish my journal and watching t.v.,till my boy-friend gets here. I am doing alright and I had a good day so far. I have not done any SI since the 3rd of this month,that is pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.When my boy-friend gets here,we are going out to visit some friends for awhile,and I am not sure when I will be home. I am doing alright. I am taking care of myself. I have day treatment program tomorrow,looking foward to it. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later on sometime :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 am

I had a great time visiting friends tonight. My boy-friend went home to get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon. I was starting to feel anxious earlier after he left,and I wanted to do SI real bad,but instead of doing that,I started to rip up paper to get rid of the anxiety that I was feeling,feel somewhat better now. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.Once I get to bed and relax,I will feel alot better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. After day treatment program,I have a doctor's appointment to get my eyes checked,then I will be home. I will probably take a nap after that. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow in the eveing time. Hanging in there. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 pm

I had a great day at program and enjoy myself. I went to see my eye doctor also,and I need new frames,for my eyes,cause I have problems seeing close up and far away,it will be awhile before they come in,so it will be hard to read,but I am glad that I had them done. This Friday I see the dentist,getting my appointment done and taking care of myself. I am not sure what I am doing tonight,but I will find out when my boy-friend gets here. No SI last night,great!!!!!!! I am not sure if I will get a chance to write in my journal,but I have other coping skills to use. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. taking care of myself. Be back on later on. :bcatsmile: