Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:26 pm

I had a good night visiting friends with my boy-friend.I wish I could say the rest of the night went better, I slip again with SI,cause I am having trouble dealing with my emotions and feelings. I still do not feel right since the last time I did SI. I have been busy around the apartment this morning,I defroze my ref,if I spell that word right,and I made out my grocery list for tomorrow.The rest of the day I am going to take care of myself.Anyone have any ideals of a coping skills that I can carry with me all the time,besides the fact that I have low-self-esteem. You are welcome to put it here if you like.I just feel alone and like my nerves are shock from the first time I slip with SI.You are welcome to PM me or post here. I am taking it easy and taking care of myself. Just hate this feeling that I have. I will be alright. Hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:09 pm

I got alot done so far. I had dinner and that was good.Then I wrote in my journal,and it helped me alot. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy till my boy-friend gets here and tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping in the morning. If anyone has any ideals about a coping skills that I can carry with me all the time,please let me know. I am feeling better,more relax than I have been,but I am not letting myself get stressed out at all,cause I do not need it right now. I am going to watch t.v.,and wait till he gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:59 am

I am doing alright.I took another nap,cause I was soo tired out and then I woke up cause my boy-friend came over. We are watching t.v.,and taking it easy,I am not sure whether we are doing anything tonight,or staying here and relaxing.My mother is getting on my nerves tonight,and she is yelling at me which I do not need,cause I still do not feel 100% better yet,and I want to keep my stress level down. Just a reminder if anyone knows of any coping skills that I carry around with me,when I need it for a Emergency,please let me know. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.Just having a rough time. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:07 am

I am still having a rough time with thoughts of SI,and it is not easy for me. My boy-friend just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be doing the same real soon. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I have grocery shoppping in the morning,and the rest of the day is mine,and I will probably spend most of the day with my boy-friend. I took my medication for the night. I will be alright,just taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:56 pm

:star: :1hugs: :star: :1hugs: :star:

I'm sorry things are still hard for you. They will get better though, it's only a matter of time. It sounds like you're keeping fairly busy though, that's a good thing to do, because destracting yourself from the urges can be a really good way of getting through them until they pass.

Having a list of coping strategies that you can use in an emergency is a really good idea. You could write them down, and carry them in your handbag or purse. I'll see if I can come up with anything good as well. Take care.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:33 pm

I got your messages,thanks so much. I got my grocery shopping done this morning and I took a nap. I had a rough time sleeping last night,but eventually I got through it. My boy-friend will be over later,and we are going out for dinner,till then I am going to take care of myself. I am going to rest and do what I want to do. I am watching t.v.,and trying to keep my mind focus on positive thing,which is not easy. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:11 pm

I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,and he went to Wendy's to get us something to eat.We are going out to visit some friends later on,cause I need to get out of the apartment.This has been the first day that I have not done any SI so far,and that has been good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I do not know if I will be back on later,hopefully I will be. I have day treatment program tomorrow, so I have to get up early for that. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to enjoy my night and the time with my boy-friend. I am doing alright. I am going to go and watch t.v.,for awhile,I should be back on later on sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:04 am

I had a great time visiting friends,and my boy-friend went home to get some sleep. I am doing alright so far,I almost tried to do SI again,but I stop myself,I kept telling myself stop it,you do not deserve to hurt yourself. I stop and came on the bus later. I am ok. I just have to take my medication for the night,and I will be going to bed.I have day treatment program tomorrow,and hopefully I will have a good day. I feel anxious and the thoughts of SI are there,but I am trying to focus on something positive for myself right now,I feel better when I get to bed. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 pm

I had a good day at program,my therapist said hi to me,but I do not see her till Thursday. I am doing alright. I am going to write in my journal for awhile and take it easy till my boy-friend gets here. I am hanging in there.I do not know what we are going to do tonight,but I will know when he gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to take care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 pm

I wrote in my journal and then I took a nap,cause I was tired. I am feeling alright so far,and I feel more relax now,not so anxious. My boy-friend is here and we are watching t.v. I am not sure what we are going to do tonight,but it does not matter to me,as long as we are together. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and taking it easy.I have not done any SI so far,and that is a good thing. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:20 am

I am doing alright so far. My boy-friend left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be doing the same pretty soon,took my medication for the night. I did not do any SI today,and it was very hard for me,but I got through the whole day without doing anything. I am proud of myself for it. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and then my nurse is coming over to do my medication for me.It is a struggle not to do any SI today,but I made it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine tonight. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I had a busy day so far. I had a great night sleep,and then I cleaned my apartment. My nurse came over and did not medication for me.Then I took a nap cause I was tired out.I am doing alright so far,still have thoughts of doing SI and it can get to me alot.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will probably have dinner later on,then my boy-friend will be over. I will be alright. I did write in my journal yesterday,and hopefully I will get to it later on. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 pm

I got myself busy today,by being on the computer and watching t.v. I already had dinner and did the dishes. I am feeling pretty good so far,the thoughts of doing SI are there,but I am handling them alot better,than before. I am going to go lay down for awhile till my boy-friend gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am not sure what we are doing later on,but I will find out when he gets here. I am hanging in there,and tomorrow I have day treatment program. I will be alright. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:57 pm

I had a great day so far,my boy-friend is here and we are going out for awhile to visit some friends,and I do not know when we will back,so I just wanted to let you know that I am ok.I will be alright. Hanging in there and doing the best I can.taking care of myself. Be back soon :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:16 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we went to visit some friends,and had a great time. He just left to go home and get some sleep. I am getting tired myself,and I will be going to bed also. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it. I jus wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright,feeling pretty good so far. I feel more relax than before. I am getting tired and I will be going to bed. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:56 am

Hey Candy, not up to much at the moment, just dropping by to say you're doing really great! The way you're challenging those si thoughts takes a lot of effort, and you should be proud of yourself. Hope program goes well too.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I had a real hard time sleeping last night,but at least I did not do any SI,which is a good thing. I am getting ready to go to program.and when I get home I will take a nap,then be back on the bus later. I am hanging in there.: bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 pm

I had a great day at program,and I am tired,so I will be laying down for awhile,I did not do any SI today so far and that is a good thing. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright. Staying cool. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:48 am

My boy-friend came over and we watched t.v.,for awhile.Then I wrote in my journal which helped me alot.Then we went visiting some friends and we had a great time. We came back here for awhile,and he left to go home and get some sleep. I already took my medication for the night,and I will be going to bed real soon. I did not do any SI today,and I feel great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. I am taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi Candy, it sounds like you're really trying to turn things around for yourself, that's briliant. Keep looking after yourself, you deserve it!