Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi Candy, I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you. You should be proud of yourself, you're doing really well. I know that the thoughts can be hard to deal with, but keep using your coping skills, or some sort of distraction and hopefully that will help.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I had a great night sleep last night,but I started my period,so I am not feeling so well. I went to my mother's house this morning and did my laundry,we got along great,and I came home and did my floors,they needed it.I am going to keep myself busy today and do positive things for myself. I did not do any SI last night,that is great.My boy-friend is coming over later,and we are going to take it easy and relax tonight.I feel pretty good,the cramps are getting to me. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to enjoy my day and take care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 pm

I am doing alright. I have been keeping myself busy today.I wrote in my journal,and that is helping me alot,then I watched t.v.,for awhile and took a nap. We are watching t.v.,and relaxing.We ordered out for dinner,cause I did not feel like going out somewhere,cause of the cramps that I was having.I am doing pretty good,and I feel alright. I hope everyone is having a nice day.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I have not done any SI today,and so far I am doing pretty good. I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:24 am

I am doing alright,just tired and not feeling well. My boy-friend and I order out for dinner and we just watch t.v.,and took it easy.He just left to go home and get some sleep,cause he was tired. I have the urge to do SI,but I am not going to give in to it,I am fighting it and I plan on using my coping skills have helped me alot today.I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed. I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am just tired and I will be back on the bus tomorrow,sometime. I am going to take care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:43 pm

I had a great night last night,I slept good. I went to my mother's this morning and I had a great time. I have some stuff to do around the apartment to keep me busy and I will write in my journal later on.Even though I had thoughts of doing SI last night,I did not do it,so proud of myself. I am going to enjoy my day today and make the best of it. I feel pretty good so far,just tired and cramps. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.Hanging in there. Be back later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:28 pm

I did some cleaning today,but I did not write in my journal,hopefully I will,but if not there is always tomorrow.I took a nap,cause I was tired and not feeling well due to my period. I am doing alright so far,no thoughts of doing SI. I had dinner already,I had hotdog and french fries,something easy to eat. My boy-friend is coming over later on,I am not sure what we are going to be doing.I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. Be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 am

I had a great day today. My boy-friend came over and we watched t.v.,for awhile and then we went over to visit some friends.Then we came back to my apartment and we are watching t.v. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself for that. My power will be off tomorrow,cause the men will be working on it,so I will be back on it tomorrow evening. I am doing alright,just not feeling well. I did not write in my journal today,but I will write in it tomorrow,after I take a nap. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. After my boy-friend leaves to go home,I will be going to bed. I am hanging in there.No urges to do any SI at all. taking care of myself. be back on the bus tomorrow :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi Candy, I'm glad to hear you had a great day, and you're looking forward to program. It's also really good that you haven't been bothered by urges, that's fantastic. Keep looking after yourself. You said you didn't feel well, I hope that you feel better soon.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:56 pm

I had a great night last night,and I slept well. I also had a great day at program and a good talk with my therapist.I am writing in my journal and it is helping alot.I did not do any SI last night,and I am proud of myself for that. I will probably lay down afterwards and take a nap,before my boy-friend gets here. Thanks for the nice messages that you sent,made my day,thanks. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am feeling pretty good today,just tired out.I am taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:05 am

I am doing alright so far. I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,we went to visit some friends for awhile,and had a great time. Then we came back here and watch t.v.He went home cause he is tired and I will be going to bed real soon. I already took my medication for the night,and I did not do any SI,I also wrote in my journal as well.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feel pretty good. getting tired and taking care of myself. Be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:48 pm

I slept real good last night. I been cleaning my apartment and getting things done,later on my nurse will be here to do my medication.I am doing alright,and feeling pretty good,my anxiety level is down today,so that is great. No SI,last night,that is great. I am going to keep myself busy today and enjoy myself. I have to see my doctor tomorrow at program,and I will let her know how I have been doing. I am going to watch t.v.,and get things done around here. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:19 pm

I got my cleaning done and my nurse came over to do my medication. I took a nap for awhile and then I had dinner. I am feeling pretty good so far,just tired and hot.I did not write in my journal today,but maybe I will later,see how I feel. I did not do any SI so far,which is pretty good.I have day treatment program tomorrow,see the doctor,and then later on I have banking to,I am going to have a busy day tomorrow.I am watching t.v.,and waiting till my boy-friend gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there.Be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:37 am

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,we are watching t.v. I am looking forward to going to program tomorrow,I also have to see the doctor there,and afterwards I have to do some banking,cause it is the 1st of the month,so I have a busy day tomorrow. I am feeling alright.I did not do any SI today,I am proud of myself. I will write in my journal tomorrow,cause I was busy today. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to take it easy tonight,and take care of myself. I will be just fine.After he leaves I will be going to bed. taking it easy. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Hey Candy, It's great to hear you're doing well. I hope you had a good day today, keep looking after yourself!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I hope you have a great day also. I am getting ready for program and I had a great night sleep,without doing any SI,the thoughts are always there,but I keep fighting the urges. I hope everyone has a great day. I will be back on the bus later on today. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:22 am

I had a rough day today,because my doctor told me that my sugar level on the blood work was high,like 122,which I was upset over,she gave me a copy to give to my doctor on Friday,and then she increased my Paxil to 60mg,cause my thoughts of doing SI,has not decreased at all. I was soo upset with it,that I took my anger out on my boy-friend and I did not mean to,I told him that I was sorry,which I was,and he understood. I did write in my journal today,cause I was starting to have a real bad panic attack and it was the only way I could deal with my feelings at that time,cause I did not want to do any SI,which I did not.I am feeling alright now,just feel bad that I yelled at him,cause he was late showing up,and he told me that he was going to be here at a certain time,I was worried about him. Then I found out that I will be the next one to move,cause they are fixing up the apartments around here,not sure when it is going to happen,but I will always stay on the bus. Then I got upset cause my doctor gave me a diagnosis that is not in the Mental Health Book,the numbers are not there,so I will have to take care of that tomorrow,when I get there. I took my medication for the night and I will be going to bed. My boy-friend and I are doing alright now. I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.I have day treatment program tomorrow and I will be back on the bus in the evening time. taking care of myself. hanging in there
:bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 pm

I had a real rough day at program today,my therapist will not see me till next Thursday,cause I left earlier yesterday,and I was soo mad at her,cause she will not listen to my reason why I left,and I went into the bathroom and I did SI,I was not trying to get back at her,I could not deal with the feelings of rejection and hurt.I just want to feel better,and I do not. I feel so hurt inside and I cried so much at program. I need some advice of how to deal with this,and my doctor there at program did not like my blood work there and she thinks that I am a diatabes,I am not sure if I spell that right,cause my sugar level was at 122,and I will be seeing my regular doctor in the morning.I feel so horrible inside for what I did,but I felt like I deserve to hurt myself.My boy-friend went home and get some sleep and I will be going to bed real soon, My case-manager will be over tomorrow,and I need to talk to him.I will be alright,just feel so sad inside :( .I will be alright,going to bed. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm

I had a rough night sleeping,but I talked to a friend on the phone and that helped me alot. I am getting ready to go to the doctor and I hope he does not tell me that I am a diabetes,if I spell that word right. I am hanging in there and taking it easy,I still do not feel right since I did SI yesterday.I will be alright,just do not feel right. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:24 pm

:1hug3:

Hi Candy, sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment. I know it can be so frustrating to make all the efforts to get better and not see results. But this is only one point in time and it will pass. Even if it looks like things aren't getting better in the short term, as time goes on, all the little steps will be easier to see, and you will realise that change can and is happening. Sometimes they are just hard to see.

You don't deserve to be hurt, not at all. And I think that all the efforts that you're making at program and all show that you are a strong person.

Best of luck with the doctors appointment today, and keep looking after yourself.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:40 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. :star: I went to see my doctor this morning,and he says my sugar level is a little high,but I also need to excerise more and lose weight,which I am doing. He did not put me on any pills for diabetes,if I spell that right,so that was great to hear at this point. I met with my case-manager and he helped me alot,and we had a great talk. I am writing in my journal and I already had Pizza for dinner. I still do not feel right,since I did SI yesterday,and I am having a hard time feeling like my own self again. I am waiting for my boy-friend to come over and we are going out for awhile.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am hanging in there and taking care of myself,and staying safe this weekend,it is not easy though. I will be aright. I will be back on later :bcatsmile: