Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks for the nice messages. I had a great day at program and it went great.I took a long nap when I got home,cause I was soo tired out. My boy-friend is here and we are going out to visit some friends tonight,not sure when I will get home. I have things to do tomorrow,like writing in my journal and then my case-manager is coming over in the afternoon,around 2pm. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not do any SI today and I feel great inside. I do not know if I will be back on later tonight,or tomorrow. I am doing alright.. taking care of myself.Be back on soon. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:19 am

I had a great night tonight.My boy-friend and I went to visit some friends and we had a good time.He just left to get some sleep and I will be going to bed also,to get some sleep,it is getting late. I have a busy day tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I am doing alright.I am soo tired,and I will be back on the bus tomorrow.Have a great night. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm

I am doing alright. I did some cleaning around my apartment,and I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. My case-manager will be coming over in the afternoon.I am going to try hard to write in my journal,cause it has been over a week since I wrote in it,and I need to write in it. I just wanted to let everyone know how I amd doing. I did not do any SI last night,and it was not easy for me at all.There are times that the thoughts get so strong,and it is hard not to think about it,but I am trying very hard. I am going to get some stuff done and I will be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:28 am

I had a great day so far. My case-manager came over and we had a great talk.Then I had pizza for dinner,did the dishes. I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot,to get my feelings out that were bothering me.My boy-friend came over and we went out to get cigs,and we went to visit some friends. He left to go home and get some sleep and I will be going to bed real soon. I did not do any SI today,it was not easy,but I got through the day.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright,and I am hanging in there.I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:38 pm

I had a great night sleep. I went to my mother's house this morning and she started to get really verbally abusive with me and I started to cry :cry: ,it hurt so much,and I could not wait till I got out of there.I am not going to talk to her much today,cause she really hurt my feelings. I am going to watch t.v.,and take care of myself today.I will be alright,just feeling depressed right now. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am tired out and worn out mentally and emotionally right now. I will make sure that I use my coping skills today. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:15 pm

:1hug3:
Hugs for you. I'm sorry your mother was verbally abusive to you, you don't deserve that. Keep using your coping skills and take care of yourself, I hope you feel better soon.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I love my mother,but I hate her for the way she treats me,no matter how many times that I told her that she hurts me,she never stops. I had a great night sleep last night,the thoughts of SI are there,and I am trying to fight it. I am going to keep myself busy today and do positive things for myself.I will be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to watch t.v.,and wake up. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:31 pm

My day is going good so far. I took a nap for awhile,and watched t.v. I started writing in my journal and I still have to finish it. I cooked myself dinner and wash dishes. I feel alright,just feeling hurt,depressed,but I am keeping myself busy and making today my day.Does anyone here know any ways that I can raise my self-esteem,if you do,please post it here or PM. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.My boy-friend will be over later on,do not know what we are doing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on.I still am looking for pictures to color on,dolphins,butterflies,cats and Hello Kitty,if anyone knows of any,please let me know. Thanks :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend. We went out to visit some friends. He just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon also,cause I am getting tired. I did slip with SI,cause I was starting to feel restless and anxious,and I could not find anything to distract myself from the urges and thoughts. I know that my weekend was not the best with my mother's verbal abuse,it really hurt alot. I will be alright. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I need to get out of the apartment,cause sitting here will not help me at all. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I need to get some sleep,cause my medication is starting to kick in. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi Candy, it's good to see you keeping your spirits up even though you're having a hard time at the moment. Can you talk about the slip in programme, or with your therapist? Hope you start feeling better soon.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:46 pm

I had a great day at program,it went well. I just got done writing in my journal,which helped alot. I also wrote out a check for my cable bill and I did other things as well. Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I already talked to my therapist about slipping with SI,and she was very helpful to me,I feel better than I did earlier,just tired right now.I have the day off tomorrow,but it will be a busy one. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am taking it easy. I am going to take a nap. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Chis
settling in
settling in

Post by Chis » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm

You're doing such a great job Candy! Hope you can keep it up that way as well. And you know, everyone has a slip now and then. Don't worry about it too much, and it's good your therapist could you help you out with it.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:53 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me.I watched t.v.,with my boy-friend and he left,cause he was getting tired. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy.I am doing alright so far,it is hard to sit here by myself and deal with my thoughts of SI,that is scary for me,but I will be alright,if I feel the need that I might slip again,I will use my coping skills or go to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow,I have to clean my apartment,then my nurse is coming over to do my medication,then I have to go to the doctor's around 3pm,then my boy-friend will be over later on. The rest of the night I am going to take care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:16 pm

I had a great night sleep last night,and I did not do any SI,which I am proud of myself for,it was not easy for me. I am cleaning my apartment and I have more to do,my nurse will be over later on,then I have to go to the doctor at 3pm,then my boy-friend will be over later. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am watching t.v.,and trying to get myself motivated,which is not easy. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 pm

I had a great day so far. I got everything done that I needed to. I went to the doctor and everything is alright. I did not get a chance to write in my journal,cause I was very busy,but I did other positive things that helped me cope.My boy-friend is here and we are going out for awhile to visit some friends. I am doing alright. No SI,today,that is good. I will be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon as well. We went to Walmart to look around and then we went to visit some friends,we had a great time. I wish I would had more time to write in my journal,but I was so busy today with the doctor and stuff,that I just did not have anytime. I am doing pretty good,even though I still have thoughts of doing SI,I will fight the urges,even if I have to go to bed. I have day treatment program tomorrow,so I will not be on the bus till the evening. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling calm,which is good. No SI today which is great. Have a great night :star: I am going to take my medication and go to bed. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 am

Hi Candy, I'm glad things are starting to look up. I'm glad you're feeling calm too, and good for you, keep fighting those urges! That takes a lot, and you're doing really great.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:49 am

I know that I have not been on all day,and it has been a busy one. I went to program today and that went great for me. When I got home I took a nap,cause I was soo tired.Then my boy-friend came over and we went to Tops and then we went to Barnes and Nobles,cause I needed a new journal,cause I finished up my other one,I got two journals for a good price. We came back here and watched t.v.and had a great time. He went home to get some sleep,cause he was tired. I am picking up my apartment and I will be going to bed real soon,I just need to take my medication. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and then I will be off till Mon,and I have to see my therapist as well. I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself for that.Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me,it made me feel great.thanks. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing pretty good,just tired. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening. I am taking care of myself.have a great night everyone. Be back tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:11 am

I had a great day at program and when I came home I took a nap,cause I was so tired. My boy-friend was here and we went out for awhile,we had a great time. It is getting late,and I will be going to bed real soon. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will tomorrow. I did not do any SI today,and that is great.I am feeling pretty good,just tired. I will be back on the bus tomorrow,not sure when,cause my power will be on and off,due to the fact the men will be working on it.I am alright. Be back on tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:40 pm

I had a great day today. I wrote in my journal today,and it helped me alot, then my case-manager came over and we had a great talk.I had dinner and I did dishes. My boy-friend will be over later and we are going out for awhile,tomorrow I have to do laundry in the morning. I have not done any SI today,and I am really proud of myself so far. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I took a nap earlier,cause I was so tired out.I wish my thoughts were not thinking about SI,cause it bothers me and I try to focus my thoughts on something else,it is hard though. I am going to do some stuff around here and wait till my boy-friend gets here.I had a great night sleep last night.My boy-friend and I are going out for awhile when he gets here.I am going to relax and take it easy. I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile: