Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 08, 2007 1:50 pm

I had a great night sleep. I am about to clean my apartment,cause it is suppose to be a warm day. I am feeling pretty good and I did not do any SI last night. I am going to enjoy this day and do what ever I want to do. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I finally got the copy of the DBT diary card and I want to thank the person that helped me out alot and I want to thank everyone who has been here for me,you are all great people. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I have to get going and get my cleaning done. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue May 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi Candy, It's great to hear that things are going well for you.

It's great too, that program and talking to your case manager and having your boyfriend around seems to really help you out. You should feel good about not si-ing, that's really positive. Hope your cleaning goes ok!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks,I do feel good about myself. I got all my cleaning done and I went for a walk and then my nurse came over to do my medication. I am keeping mysel bus and watching t.v. I am having a great day so far,and no SI. I have a few things to do,before dinner and then later on my boy-friend is coming over to visit. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am going to go and watch t.v,and get some things done. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 12:53 am

I got alot done today and I am having a good evening. I did not write in my journal so far,but hopefully I will later on. I am sitting here watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we are having a good time.I have not done any SI so far,and I am proud of myself. I have program tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 3:14 am

I had a great night. I did not get a chance to write in my journal tonight,but I will tomorrow, I am just tired out and I will be going to bed real soon. I had a great day and I enjoy myself. I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself for that. I have program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I have been using my coping skills lately and it has been helping me alot. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can.My boy-friend just left and we had a great time. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good. I talked to friends on the phone and that helped me to talk about things. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,mainly in the evening time. I am doing alright. I am going to get a real good night sleep. Be back on tomorrow, taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 4:11 am

I just want to mention something before I go to bed, I am going to start working out of the workbook that I have,that will help me cope with my illness and to learn new ways to cope with SI and Borderline Personality Disorder,it has helped me in the past and I am going to start it again. I am going to go to bed real soon,but I forget to mention earlier in my last post. I have program tomorrow,so I will be back on the bus in the evening time.I know that it is a positive coping method for me,and I will have to practice alot,and that is fine with me. I am hanging in there and doing just fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 12:38 pm

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone this morning. :wavey: I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to it. I had a great night sleep and I did not do any SI,which is good so far,only if I can keep it up. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I hope everyone has a great day as well. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright and taking it one day at a time. I have to get going pretty soon,cause I have to get ready,just checking in. I will be back on the bus later on today when I get home. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 09, 2007 11:30 pm

I had a great day at program today and it went very well.When I came home I took a nice walk and it helped me alot,to relax and get rid of the stresses. I took a nap and I slept great. I am sitting here watching t.v.. and trying to wake up,my boy-friend is not here,cause he is at the E.R.,again, I know that I should go there,but I can not get myself motivated to go there,and hopefully they will not keep him,he told me that he would be over later,I hope so,It is hard to be alone. I just have to wait and see what happens,till then I will keep myself busy and stay focus. I am going to go and watch t.v.,for awhile. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 10, 2007 3:57 am

I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and after he leaves I am going to bed. I did not get to write in my journal tonight,but I did do other positive things as well. I did not do any SI today,it was not easy,cause the thought and the urges were there,but I did not fight it,and I am proud of myself for that. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I did have a great day today and I have program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it. I took my medication for the night and I plan on getting a good night sleep. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am going to go and watch t.v.,and then go to bed. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,mainly in the evening time. I am taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 pm

I had a great night sleep and I am getting ready to go to program. I did not do any SI last night and I am proud of myself. It was not easy for me last night,cause the thoughts and the urges were so strong,but I got through it alright. I am proud of myself for that. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I hope to get out and go for a walk when I get home,as long as it is not raining outside. I hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on when I get home from program. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 11, 2007 12:16 am

I had a great day at program and it helped me alot. When I came home from program I took a long nice walk,even though it was hot outside,it felt great,then I took a nap,and I just woke up,I was tired out. I had a great talk with my therapist and she helped me alot,with issues that were bothering me. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend he just got here. I do not know if I will write in my journal tonight,but if not I will have tomorrow to do so,cause it is my day off. I am happy for that. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I already took my 5pm medication and trying to wake up from the nap. I am going to go and watch t.v. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 11, 2007 4:24 am

I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and after he leaves I will be going to bed. I had a great night so far and I did not do any SI,which I am proud of myself for. I did not get a chance to write in my journal tonight,but I plan on doing tomorrow,cause it is my day off. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright.I plan on getting a good night sleep tonight,cause I deserve it. I am getting tired and I need some sleep. I hope everyone has a great night. I do feel somewhat anxious,but I am handle it alright,so I know that I will be alright. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 11, 2007 12:08 pm

I did not sleep good last night,cause my boy-friend stayed to late,which I do not usually mind,but I had to get up eary this morning,cause I have to go to the hospital to get a mammogram done,not looking forward to it,but better be safe then sorry. I have to leave here at 7:30 and I am tired. I am doing alright,just hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to have a nice day and enjoy myself. I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am going to take a nap sometime when I get home,then the rest of the day is mine. I am going to be alright. I will be back on the bus later on,sometime,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 11, 2007 9:34 pm

I had a busy day so far. I went to the hospital this morning to get my mammogram done,and I took a nap for awhile,and then I went for a walk which helped me alot. I worked around the apartment for awhile,and then I did not laundry,so I kept busy and it helped alot. I know that I have not written in my journal for awhile,and I do feel bad about that,and I will eventually get back in to it. I know that tomorrow I have nothing to do,so I will have more time on my hands,so I plan on doing it tomorrow,there are days that I feel like writing in it and there are days that I do not,but posting on the bus is like a journal to me as well,but I do not want to forget my journal as well. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am watching t.v.,and waiting for my boy-friend to show up.We are going to visit some friends tonight,cause I need to get out of the apartment. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am going to go and relax for awhile,till he gets here. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Fri May 11, 2007 9:37 pm

:wavey:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:59 am

:wavey: I had a great night so far. My boy-friend and I went to visit friends tonight and we just got home. We are watching t.v.and afterwards I am going to go to bed. I plan on writing in my journal tomorrow and doing other things that will make me feel good. I did not do any SI tonight and I am proud of myself,but nervous and scared inside,cause I am thinking to myself,when will it happen again,I am not trying to think like that,but it is hard. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I plan on getting a good night sleep,cause I deserve. I am doing alright and taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 12, 2007 2:25 pm

I had a great night last night visiting my friends. I also slept good as well. I have alot here that I want to get done,I just have to get myself motivated to do it. I just do not feel well,due to my period,but I am taking it easy. I have alot that I want to get done,and I plan on it. I have to pick up the apartment and that is about it. I don't have any cleaning to do,so that is good. I did not do any SI last night,and I am proud of myself for that. I need to do things that will make me feel good today,and I plan on doing so. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am still struggling with feelings of emotions of SI,but I am figthing it,and there are times that it is not easy for me. I am going to have a great day. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 12, 2007 10:31 pm

I did not get anything done like I wanted to. I went for a walk this morning and then when I came back,all I did was sleep and I did not wake up till 3pm,I was soo tired out,cause I was not feeling well,due to my period,sorry about writing that,but I do not have any energy today,I feel soo bad cause I did not write in my journal,and I know that I have to really push myself to do it. I had dinner and did the dishes that was about it.I know that I need to stop beating myself up for it,but it is hard for me to stop doing that to myself. I am sitting watching t.v.,and I going to get my journal out and write in it. I am doing alright and trying to relax,I always get nervous when I had my mammagram done,I had it done yesterday. This is the second time I had one,and I always get nervous afterwards. I know that everyone does.I am going to try to relax and focus on other things.sorry about going on like this. I am hanging in there and taking it easy. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun May 13, 2007 4:49 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend. We watch t.v and relax and talked which helped me alot. I also wrote in my journal tonight and it helped me alot,and I am really happy that I wrote. My boy-friend just left and I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and take my medication for the night and go to bed,cause I am getting tired out. The thoughts of SI was getting to me and the urges were really strong and I fought them off,but it was not easy,but I did it,I am proud of myself for that. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am getting tired,it has been a long day and I need my sleep. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sun May 13, 2007 9:41 am

Hi Candy, well done for fighting the urges to si, that's really great. It can be very difficult, but the fact that you managed to use your coping skills and all is fantastic. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, that's a pity, but hopefully the rest will do you good. Take care