Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:42 am

I went to program today,but I could not stay all day,cause of the cold that I had,I wish it would go away,I had it since last friday,and it is getting to me. I do not have a fever,a sore thoart,just a cold and a cough.I came home cause I was so tired and I took a long nap.I finally wrote in my journal last night,it did help me alot. I have program tomorrow and I hope I feel better. My boy-friend is still in the hospital and he should get out tomorrow,hopefully not sure. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I have not done any SI,and it has been real hard for me,doing the best I can. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I will be back on the bus later on. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:56 am

yeah you can take whatever you want I hope it helps people.

Hope you feel better soon.

and thanks!
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:14 am

Thanks for the messages. I am watching t.v.,and I will be going to bed real soon.I already talked to my boy-friend and he is doing good,hopefully he will be home tomorrow. I am doing alright,I have been taking it easy and starting to feel better. I have program tomorrow and then I will be off for the weekend. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will tomorrow. I will be seeing my therapist tomorrow,and I will be changing some of my groups at program,cause I need a change,which will be good for me. I did not do any SI today,and I am proud of myself for that.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. Going to take my medication for the night and get a good night sleep. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening,promise. taking care of myself :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 am

I had a great day at program today,and it went great. I have been watching t.v.,and taking it easy. My boy-friend is still in the hospital and I am not sure when he is getting out. I almost over with this cold and I am starting to feel alot better. I did not write in my journal yet,cause I have been taking it easy and relaxing. It has been almost three weeks since the last time I have done any SI,and I am proud of myself. I still have a cough from the cold and it is getting on my nerves. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do. I am going to relax and do something postive for my self. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :bcatsmile:

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:34 am

awesome on the 3 weeks ^___^
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 am

Thanks it has not been easy not to do any SI,and I still have thoughts of doing it,but I try not to think about it,but it is on my mind alot.I am watching Lifetime,Rebra is on,if I spell that right. I am doing pretty good and being on the bus has helped me alot.Again thanks. I will be back on later on,promise :star:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:17 am

Hi Candy, just wanted to say well done on the three weeks without SI. That's great! Glad to hear your cold is clearing up too.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks for the messages. I went out to lunch with a friend and we had a great time. I slept good last night and I needed the rest. My boy-friend is still in the hospital,not sure when he is getting out.It is hard to be home all by myself and he is not here with me,but I know that he is not doing well. I trying to keep myself busy and not to think about that,but I do feel lonely though,but being on the bus has helped me alot. No I have not written in my journal,just do not feel like it. My cold is almost gone,the cough is getting to me though. I am watching t.v.,and hanging in there. I have not done any SI so far,good thing. I am going to relax and take it easy for awhile,just feel tired out,no energy right now. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:07 am

I am just relaxing and I did not do anything tonight. It was one of those nights that I just wanted to relax.I already talked to my boy-friend and I hope he gets out of the hospital tomorrow.He seems like he is doing good.I am feeling pretty good,just going to take my medication and get some sleep. I did not do any SI tonight,and I am proud of myself,but there are times that I worry about Slipping,and that is always on my mind.It is hard though. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I hope everyone has a great night,and I will do the same. I am taking care of myself. Be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:30 pm

I kept myself busy most of the day. I went to visit my parents this morning and then I took a nap for awhile. I also went to visit my boy-friend in the hospital,he has been in there for a long time,I have not gone to see him earlier,cause of the cold that I have,but I am feeling better,just a cough that I have. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and take it easy the rest of the night. I hope to write in my journal later,but my problem is that I do not have any movtiation to do anything lately,and I do not know why.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I have not done any SI lately,and it surprise me that I do have control over my urges,when I really tired hard enough,but thougts are still there. I am going to watch t.v and take it easy. I am doing alright. I will be back on the bus later,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:24 am

I am taking it easy and watching t.v.,. I had urges to do SI,but I stop myself,by laying down and thinking about positive things that are going on in my life,and that helped me alot. I am watching a movie and I will be going to bed real soon. I am proud of myself for stopping myself tonight and that I did not do any SI. I still have not written in my journal and that is something that I really need to work on and sometimes it is hard for me to write,cause I start to feel anxious when I write about something that is bothering me,and I hate when I feel like that,but I know that I need to get back in to it soon. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do. I will be taking my night medication soon and then go to bed. I am doing alright tonight. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:04 am

hope you managed to write in the journal... i know you've said before you found it helpful...
would it be easier maybe to start by writing about nonupsetting things & then move into stuff you might feel anxious about?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks for the messages. I did not write in my jounral last night,cause I was so tired out and then I went to bed. I agree with what you wrote about writing that way in my journal and I think it is a good ideal.Thanks.My boy-friend is getting out of the hospital today so I am proud about that. I am watching t.v.,and I am going to go lay down for awhile,and try real hard to write in my journal when I get up.Again thanks for the messages.I did not do any SI last night,that is a great thing. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:36 pm

I took a nap and I am sitting watching t.v.. I am waiting for my boy-friend to come over. I had a great day so far,and the sun is out,which helps me alot feel better. I have not done any SI so far,and I am very proud of myself. I have not written in my journal so far,and once I do not write in it for a day,it is soo hard for me to get back in to it.I need to push myself and try harder,but with the nice weather,it is harder to do so,so alot of times I will write before I go to bed. I am doing alright and taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:35 am

how about writing now so you don't forget or get too tired :tongue:

is your b/fs pneumonia all cleared up?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:51 am

I am doing alright. I was thinking about writing in my journal tonight,but now it is getting to late for me,and I am getting to tired. I feel terrible. My boy-friend is doing good,I hope that the pneuionon,not sure if I spell that right,is cleared up,cause he has been in the hospital about 5 times and he does have me worried. He is doing alright.thanks for asking.I am doing pretty good,just getting tired and need to get some sleep,I have program tomorrow and I have to get up early in the morning. Thanks for the advice you came me about the journal and I will do better tomorrow on that. I have not done any SI today and I am proud of myself. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime mainly in the evening.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:36 pm

I just woke up and I wanted to say hi to everyone :wavey: before I leave to go to program. I plan on having a great day and also plan on writing in my journal tonight.I had a rough night sleeping,but I did not do any SI at all,and I am proud of myself for that.I am doing alright and I am going to take care of myself today. I have to get going to get ready. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:58 pm

I just woke up from a nap,and I had a great day at program today,and when I got home I went for a walk and that felt great. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we are having a nice evening. I also met with my therapist and we had a nice talk and she helped me alot. I am doing pretty good right now. I have been doing great without any SI,and there are times in the back of my mind that I am afraid of slipping,and that scares me alot. I am haning in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue May 01, 2007 9:53 am

I'm delighted to hear that program went well, and that you had a good day yesterday. It's great that your boyfriend is out of the hospital, and that things went well with your therapist also.

Hope that today is a good day for you!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 02, 2007 4:40 am

I had a great day today. I cleaned my apartment and kept busy. Then I went to the bank,cause today is the 1st of the month,and then my nurse came over and did my medication. Then I took a nap,cause I was so tired out. I went for a walk and it helped me alot. My boy-friend came over and we had a great visit. I am watching t.v.,and I will going to bed real soon. I am not happy with myself cause I have not written in my journal for awhile and that upsets me. I have not done any SI and it gets hard,but I am hanging in there. I just feel bad inside,cause I have not written in my journal. :( It is to late to write in it now,cause I have to get up for program and I need to get my sleep. I am taking it one day at a time. I am doing alright and taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,mainly in the evening. I will be alright. :bcatsmile: