How you feel & what you're going to DO about it.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

rhiannon
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by rhiannon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:55 am

Unstable and insecure in everything

I'm going to drink a nice warm cup of tea, relax, maybe write and draw a little bit, and get a good night's sleep. Then I'll just deal with it in the morning.
<center>N’oublie jamais que le corps n’oublie jamais.
Never forget that the body never forgets.
0 days SI free
[since 3/29/08]
Slips: 5

I screwed up. Again.

Maiden and Chaos
The Luscious Shadow
</center>

handmade mute
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by handmade mute » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:42 am

Like I'm starting to fall apart again.

I'm going to recognise the signs, and take good care of myself. I'm gonna let SD know so she knows what's going on. I'm not going to cancel my plans of going out, so I don't hide away. I'm going to go easy on myself.

corps assiégé
one of us
one of us

Post by corps assiégé » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm feeling shaken, scared, helpless and alone.

I'm going to:
Drink some warm milk
Write in my journal
Remind myself that he is gone right now and that everything is okay
Try to make myself comfortable enough to do some work until I can talk to someone about it in the morning

rememberthatiloveyou
growing roots
growing roots

Post by rememberthatiloveyou » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

detached. try to remember things i used to like and attach myself to reality again.
We can not do great things, only small things with great love. It is not how much you do but how much love you put into doing it. -Mother Teresa

i'm at my summer job as a camp counselor, if it takes me a while to answer, its not because i'm ignoring you...just don't get on a computer much.

last SI 4-13-08

<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=123817">my place</a>

corps assiégé
one of us
one of us

Post by corps assiégé » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm feeling nervous, frustrated and dejected.

But I'm going to go ahead and call anyway. Even if it doesn't work out, absolutely nothing bad will happen. Everything will be okay. I can also try again another time.

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 am

Ok, at the moment I'm feeling a lot of things, so over all I'd have to say stressed.

I'm going to...in the course of sometime tonight...
*Take a hot shower
*Eat something in moderation that I won't feel guilty about and won't give me nasty heartburn
*Have a nice cup of tea
*Play my computer game and finish killing all the skeletons in this one temple so I can get their money and buy better armor for my people
*Possibly clean my room or something else to keep me distracted for the rest of tonight
*Plan my garden for this spring and summer...I will grow one this year...and my little brother will NOT shoot holes in my planters with his paintball gun!
*Hmmm...yup. Oh and get more than four hours of sleep tonight.
"Wouldn't it be great to heal the world with only a song?"
~Serj Tankian
"Honking Antelope

the edge of the world
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by the edge of the world » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:01 am

Excited about next year, done with this year.

-Not obsess over the future -- I do not need to plan right now, since everything is set up.
-Focus on studying, try not to get too caught up in spring.

thewaves
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by thewaves » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 am

I'm feeling incredibly anxious, and like I'm absolutely doomed to fail my science exam, which will destroy my average and prevent me from being accepted into the literature major and destroy any hope of getting into grad school (and it just continues in an endless train along those lines)...

What I'm going to do about it:
-study my ass off for the next six days
-find someone to cover my shift at work on tuesday so that I can attend the prof's review session
-try (and this is the hardest part) to think of the actual weight of the situation vs. the weight that I am giving it in my mind. Yes, it's likely that I will do horribly on this exam, but will it really ruin everything I've been working for? Three credits out of the 60 I'm submitting to the English department (which are also in terms of subject completely irrelevant to my field of study) can't really destroy my chances that much, can they?

It feels a little better just to write it all out like this...
"I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest film. No lies whatsoever. I thought I had something so simple to say. Something useful to everybody. A film that could help bury forever all those dead things we carry within ourselves. Instead, I'm the one without the courage to bury anything at all. When did I go wrong? I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same." -Federico Fellini's 8 1/2

...beneath the waves...

handmade mute
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by handmade mute » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm feeling anxious and depressed, and like a complete and utter failure

I am going to go post in games until I'm sleepy, without lecturing myself for staying up all night when I've got a hectic day tomorrow.

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:56 pm

I feel fat and self conscious about my body [stomach region :roll: :x ]
...I am goin to stop obcessing about how I look and wear the top anyway b/c I am most probably making a big deal over nothing.
Last edited by Roxi on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm

i feel anxious

the reason I feel anxious is because people will be gossiping like always at work.

so to deal with it I will change the subject or ask that they talk about something else around me.

when/if the manager asks me (which tends to happen at some point) I'll just say it's none of my concern
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

LBC
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by LBC » Mon May 19, 2008 6:46 am

I feel: Very hurt
Rejected
Lonely
Disbelieving

What I'm going to do about it: See if there's anyone online to talk to. Play a favourite computer game until I feel tired. Go to sleep under my big cozy blanket. Cry if I need too.
If you believe everyone is the future
If you believe that nothing ever goes wrong
If you believe that deep down inside you're really falling apart
Know that everybody's weak and everyone can be strong. - Sloan

You always have a choice.

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Mon May 19, 2008 2:45 pm

doubtful, unsure. and rather sad...will talk to my T about it when I see her this week

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Freya
one of us
one of us

Post by Freya » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Tearful and anxious.

I'm going to read my book and listen to music before I go to bed to cheer me up.
I'll speak to my counsellor about seeing the psychiatrist, and speak to my friend who has seen one before. Also, another friend of mine has a mum who is a psychiatric nurse, so I'll talk to her about that.

calypso
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by calypso » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:18 pm

I feel tired and emotional.
I WILL go to bed really soon.

handmade mute
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by handmade mute » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:20 am

I feel suicidal, urgy, and sad, and angry and resentful. I feel lost and tired and hopeless. I feel like, if I want this sorted, I have to go do it.

:star: I will not go sort it out, because it shouldn't just be me always trying to save the relationship, especially when I haven't done anything wrong. I will remind myself that it doesn't solve anything when I push her bad behaviour aside and ignore it, it only makes me resentful, and makes her never stop doing it.
:star: I will be kind to me today, and not SI if I can help it. I will keep finding reasons to live.
:star: I will keep writing in my journal until I feel a bit more calm and able to deal with it all.
:star: I will acknowledge that I barely slept last night from the stress, and so I will be less able to deal well with whatever happens today. I will make sure P knows that whenever she gets up. I will let her say her piece without interruption, and I will try and explain where I'm coming from in a non angry way.

theunspoken
settling in
settling in

Post by theunspoken » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 am

I feel like a failure.

I will devote my life to making sure that doesn't happen.
Searching my way to perplexion

The Challenge

"Why are you so negative?"
"Because I'm unhappy."
"And whose fault is that?"
"Right now?"

cariad
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by cariad » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am

*Lang, slight ED, maybe*

I feel bad for eating today, I am upset, I want to hurt myself. I feel exhausted, I do not want to fight anymore

BUT

I will carry on trying with eating, I am really trying at the moment, and it is working because i am not binge eating, loosing weight is not the goal here, not wanting to kill myself because of food is my goal. I need to stop tirggering myself my looking at certian things online. I admit i did pretty well today, all things considering. and i always find things so muh harder at night, so i could be kind to myself.

I can't hurt myself, and i do not really need to - i will finish watching crap tv, smoke some more, than go to bed - and tommorow i will fight all this out again. Because i need to, because i want to go to uni, because i am finally trying, because i don't want to go back to the psych hospital ever, because i want people around me to not have to worry, because i do not want this life anymore - so i am working to change it.

I will, I will - but it is so fucking hard.
:purpstar:

the edge of the world
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by the edge of the world » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:25 am

tired and sick
going to bed. yay, I'm an expert problem solver :roll: don't know why I didn't come up with that two hours ago... easily distracted..

DecemberLivy
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by DecemberLivy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:30 pm

I feel f**king stressed out of my mind!

I will:

:ylwstar: ask P to reschedule
:ylwstar: really try and finish my reading tonight
:ylwstar: avoid B at all costs, she sucks the motivation right out of me
:ylwstar: find S and get her to work through my lunch with me
:ylwstar: NOT start an essay two days before its due
:ylwstar: keep clearer notes in my diary