Get Real! EDs Are Illnesses, Not Choices

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

limestone
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by limestone » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:35 pm

one thing caught my attention. where someone said that doing something was 'impossible'. anything is possible. also, i liked what mallie said about challenges. this forum is about sharing tips etc so I think it's a cool post which is useful :star:

DecemberLivy
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by DecemberLivy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:43 am

I think it was a great post Vows, thankyou for posting it it was really useful.
<center>my walpole cafe

"My life's a mess"
"That's the way it's supposed to be" - soap -
</center>

I think I'll paint roads
on my front room walls
to convince myself
that I'm going places.

Chessie
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Chessie » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:47 am

I'm really glad I took the time to read this post.

I'm about to start a treatment program and as basic and corny as some of this stuff seems to some of you, to some of us it's honestly things that we have trouble getting through our heads because the ED behavior is so ingrained in our day to day life. We need to see this written out and need to go over it frequently to help get through recovery.

This posted has linked to good info, too. It nice to find more prorecovery sites to visit.

-Chessie
<B><center>:star: SI free since September 16th, 2004 :star:</center><center><b> :bfly: hugs welcomed :pinkstar: </b>

My Service Dog Indy

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:07 pm

well. i find some of those points good actualy. I have an ed and i know all of those seem too easy but maby if you keep repeating the points you can try to convince yourself it might be true.

I know the way those points are written it just seems too easy and that it minimalizes ed but at least the person was trying in possibly the best way they know how.

Yes there is so much more to an ed then what those points suggest, but the suggestions at least are a start. You have to start somewhere. Those points (for me at least) involve areas in my life that I can controle myself as apposed to the family issues i cant do a thing about.

Thanks Vows, i will check out the website too.

Chey