A CBT workbook

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:58 am

Please read the following statements and answer the questions below.

Learning to be in control of your own mind, instead of your mind being in control of you.

1. In what ways do you think your mind controls you?

2. How has not being able to control your attention created problems in your life?

3. What do you think you could do in order to be in better control of your own mind?

4. What do you think being mindful means?
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:12 am

Decision Making

WHY PEOPLE POSTPNE PROBLEM SLOVING 1: FEAR OF MAKING A MISTAKE

Why don't people just make up their minds to solve their problems and move on? Many people do just that. But others put off solving problems for a number of reasons. One common reason is the fear of making a mistake.

Because mistakes can cause pain, most people don't make them on purpose. When they find themselves in a problem situation they just make the best choice they can based on the information they have. If their choice turns out to be a mistake it's usually not because they wanted it to be.

Have you ever postponed making a choice because you were afraid of making a mistake? These guidelines can help you feel stronger and safer about your choices.

You make your best choices when...
:star: You have gathered all teh reliable information you can about the choices you have.
:star: You have thought of all the options there are to choose from.
:star: You have considered both the short term and long term consequences of each opinion.
:star: You are prepared to accept the responsibility for your choice AND
:star: Your choice feels right to you

You make your worst choices when...
:star: You base your choice on unreliable or incomplete information
:star: you don't know about all the options available to you or you choose to ignore some of those options
:star: you don't consider the short term and long term consequences of your choice
:star: You refuse to accept teh responsibility for your choice
:star: your choice doesn't feel right to you.

Remember: Every time you take control of your problem make, make a good choice, or solve a problem successfully, you gain expierence. This increases the likelihood that you will take control, make a good choice, or solve a problem successfuly in the future.
*Challenges welcome*

Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:13 am

DECISION MAKING WORKSHEET

When you are faced with an important decision, who do you turn to for good advice and reliable information? List as many peopel (or sources) as you can.

How do you know when the information someone gives you (or you find for yourself) is reliable and complete?

Have you ever learned AFTER making a decision that you acted on information that was unreliable or incomplete?

What happened?

"That which doesn't destroy me makes me stronger"
*Challenges welcome*

Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!