Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 pm

I am doing alright. I did not sleep good,due to the heat,but finally I went to sleep. I went to my mother's for awhile and then I came home and did some cleaning. NO SI so far and that is great. I am going to relax and do positive things for myself. My boy-friend will be over later on and we are going out for dinner,not sure where yet. I am feeling pretty good,besides my wrist is sore. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have been using my coping skills,but it is hard when I can not write very good,cause of my wrist. Besides that I am doing ok. Be back on later. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 pm

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile and now I am watching t.v.,till my boy-friend gets here. I am feeling pretty good and NO SI so far and that is great. I am not sure where we are going to eat,but I will find out when he gets here. I am keeping myself busy by doing positive things for myself. I am going to enjoy my day today. be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:33 am

I am doing alright. I relaxed and watched t.v.,with my boy-friend. We ordered in from Pizza Hut,cause it was too hot to go outside. We had a great time. He just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be doing the samething soon. NO SI tonight and that is great. I am feeling pretty good today,and I had a great evening. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have been using my coping skills and it has helped me alot today. I will be back on tomorrow sometime.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great night sleep. I am going to do positive things for myself today. I am just feeling frustrated cause my wrist hurts ,but I am dealing with it the best way I can. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to enjoy my day,no matter what. Besides that I am ok. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:05 am

I am doing alright. I had a good day so far,my boy-friend and I went to visit a friend and now we are watching t.v.. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. NO SI tonight and that is great. I am feeling pretty good,just wish my wrist was feeling better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have not been able to write cause of my wrist,but I have been doing other positive things to help me cope,which is a good thing. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and then I have to do my medications,cause my nurse is on vacation,I do not mind. I will be just fine. Be back on sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:52 pm

I am doing alright. I have been cleaning my apartment and then I did my medications,cause my nurse is on vacation. I did them just fine. I still have more things to do and then I will do positive things for myself,just wish I could write,that frustrates me,but I can not do anything about it. I am feeling pretty good. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:21 pm

I am doing alright. I met with my case-manager and we had a good talk. Now I am just relaxing and taking it easy. It is to hot to do anything. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My boy-friend will be over later on,we are going out to walmart for awhile. I can not wait till my wrist feels better,jut taking care of it. I will be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went to walmart and I bought myself a new purse. Now we are watching t.v.,and relaxing. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have to get up early for day treatment program tomorrow. I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 am

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and the groups went great. I have been busy here with my parents,so that is why it took me awhile to get on. I still have not been able to write in my journal,due to my wrist,it can be frustrating at times. I am handling things pretty good. NO SI so far and that is great. I am waiting for my boy-friend to come over and we are going to relax tonight. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:24 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I are watching t.v.,and relaxing. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. I had a good day today. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My doctor wants me to stay on the medication that I am taking for my wrist,cause it will take awhile before it heals,so I am using other coping skills to help me right now. I will be just fine. Be back on tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program. I feel bad that I can not write in my journal and do other writing that I want to,but I know that I need to let my wrist heal. I hope that it feel better soon. I am going to watch t.v.,and relax till my boy-friend gets here later. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:00 am

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile and then I watched t.v.for awhile.My boy-friend is here and we are just watching t.v. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early for program. NO SI tonight and that is great. I am feeling pretty good and I had a great day as well. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I have been making the best of the coping skills that I can use,and it is helping me alot,when I am able to write better,than I will start writing in my journal,till then I will be ok. I will be back on tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and the groups went great. I am just feeling frustrated cause my wrist is still bothering me. I am doing everything that I am suppose to do,like putting the ice on it and not writing in my journal,and taking the medication the doctor told me to take,when I called and told them that I do not think the medication is working,they called me back later and told me the doctor said that it would take awhile to heal and to continue to take the medications, I just feel frustrated that alll. I am going to lay down and rest till my boy-friend gets here. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:15 am

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile and then I was watching t.v. for awhile. Now I am relaxing with my boy-friend and watching t.v. NO SI tonight and that is great. I am feeling pretty good,just feeling frustrated. After my boy-friend leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going out for lunch with my friend tomorrow in the afternoon.so I will beable to get things done before I leave with her. I will be just fine. Be back on tomorrow sometime.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:48 pm

I am doing alright. My doctor changed my medication for my wrist,so I will be starting it tonight,hopefully it will work,just need to give it time. My boy-friend went to the hospital this morning,and now he is home,he will be over later. I went out for lunch with a friend, we had a great time. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. NO SI so far and that is great. I am going to relax till my boy-friend gets here. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 am

I am doing alright. I am relaxing and watching t.v,with my boy-friend. He is doing good,so I feel better. I have laundry to do tomorrow at my mother's,and the rest of the day is mine to enjoy. NO SI tonight and that is great.After he leaves tonight I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early to go to my mother's. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good and more relaxed. I took my medication for my wrist,so hopefully it will feel better. I am doing just fine. Be back on tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I am doing alright. I went to my mother's this morning,and I had a great time. Then I came home and did things around here,then I took a nap for awhile. I am going to get something to eat and then my boy-friend will be over later on. NO SI so far and that is great. I have not been able to write in my journal so far and hopefully soon I will be able to,but I need give my wrist time to heal,so in the meantime I am using other coping skills to help me. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:09 am

I am doing alright. I just watched t.v.,with my boy-friend,we had a great time.He just left to home and get some sleep. I will be going to bed soon,cause I am getting tired. NO SI tonight and that is great. My wrist is still sore and hopefully it will get better soon. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be going to see my parent's tomorrow and the rest of the day is mine to enjoy. I will be just fine. Be back on tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:13 pm

I am doing alright. I went to my parents this morning and I had a great time. I have been keeping myself busy today,which is a good thing. I am feeling frustrated cause of my wrist,and I hope it feels better soon. NO SI so far and that is great. My boy-friend will be over later on and we are going out for awhile. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing just fine. Be back on later sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:49 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day so far.My boy-friend and I are watching t.v. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and then my nurse will be over later on to do my medications. I will have him look at my wrist. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile: