Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 09, 2008 4:09 am

I am doing alright. I had a great night with my boy-friend and we went out for awhile.Now we are watching t.v.,and relaxing. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early to go to program,cause I have to see my doctor. I will be leaving at 11:30 to come home and then my case-manager will be over at 2pm. I am feeling pretty good. NO SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I had a great day today. I will be back on sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 09, 2008 5:16 pm

I am doing alright. I went to program today,cause I had to see the doctor and I made out just fine. Then when I got home I took a walk and it was very nice outside. Now I am going to relax and do positive things for myself. My case-manager will be over around 2pm. I am feeling pretty good. My boy-friend will be over later on. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 09, 2008 11:16 pm

I took a nap for awhile and then my case-manager came over,we had a good talk. Then I had dinner and did the dishes. I am just relaxing till my boy-friend gets here. I am not sure what we are going to do,I will find out when he gets here. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am just fine. Be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 10, 2008 3:30 am

I am doing alright.My boy-friend and I are watching t.v. After he leaves I wil be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. I have to go to my mother's tomorrow and the rest of the day I am going to enjoy myself. NO SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good and I had a great day today. I will be just fine. Be back on sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 10, 2008 4:14 pm

I am doing alright. I went to my mother's for awhile and when I came back here,I went for a walk and it felt great. Now I am writing in my journal and it is helping me alot. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling depressed today and down in the dumps,I do not know why it is the way I am feeling,but I will be just fine. I am going to take care of myself and do positive things for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. Be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 10, 2008 10:43 pm

I am doing alright. I got a lot of things done today and they were all positive stuff. I am watching t.v.,and waiting for my boy-friend to get here. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am not sure what we are going to do, I will find out when he gets here. I will be just fine. Be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun May 11, 2008 4:24 pm

I am doing alright. I went over to visit my mother for Mother's Day and I had a great time. NO SI at all and that is great. Then when I got home I took a walk and it helped me alot to relax. I am going to enjoy my day and do positive things for myself. I am feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My boy-friend will be over later on. I will be just fine. Be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon May 12, 2008 4:13 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went out for awhile,and then we came back here to watch t.v. He just left to go home and get some sleep and I will be doing the same thing soon. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and then my nurse is coming over to do my medications. I am feeling pretty good tonight. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

ifevry1crd
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by ifevry1crd » Mon May 12, 2008 2:45 pm

I read my favorite books, my favorite parts and stuff, cuz then I can escape into the characters instead of into SIing. But i have to be able to convince myself not to cut first

~Lost and Hiding~ :roll:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon May 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I have been cleaning my apartment and doing other things around here. After I will write in my journal,till my nurse comes over to do my medications. NO SI so far and that is great. I am feeling pretty good so far. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will have a great day. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 pm

I am doing alright. I got my cleaning done around my apartment and then I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. My nurse came over and did my medications. Now I am going to relax and watch t.v. My boy-friend will be over later on. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 am

I am doing alright. I spent the evening with my boy-friend and we watched t.v. We had a great time tonight. He just left to go home and get some sleep and I will be doing the samething soon. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and then I have to meet with my therapist. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I feel pretty good. I will be back on tomorrow after program. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 13, 2008 8:04 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and a good talk with my therapist. She told me that I am doing great with my self-harm issues,that she thinks that I can handle seeing her once a week. That is great but I am nervous as well. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. NO SI so far and that is great. I am going to relax till my boy-friend gets here. I will be just fine. Be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile: .

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 am

I am doing alright. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we had a great time. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. NO SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good. I have been using my coping skills and they are helping me alot. I will be back on sometime tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 15, 2008 12:22 am

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and the groups helped me aot. When I came home I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. Then I took a nap for awhile cause I was tired. Now I am going to relax and watch t.v.,with my boy-friend. NO SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good so far. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 15, 2008 3:09 am

I am doing alright. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we are having a good time. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early for program. I feel pretty good today. NO SI tonight and that is great. I have been using my coping skills and it has helped me alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I also have to see my therapist tomorrow. I will be back on tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great day at program and a good talk with my therapist,she helped me alot. When I got home I went for a walk and it helped me alot. I did not get a chance to write in my journal today,but I will write in it tomorrow. NO SI so far and that is great. I am going to relax for awhile till my boy-friend gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 16, 2008 5:55 am

I am doing alright. I had a great night with my boy-friend. We watched t.v.and then we went out for awhile. He just left to go home and get some sleep. I will be doing the same thing soon. NO SI tonight and that is great. I will be doing positive things for myself tomorrow and taking care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime.taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 16, 2008 2:37 pm

I am doing alright. I had a great night sleep and I did not do any SI either and that is great. I am going to write in my journal today and do other positve things for myself as well. My boy-friend will be sleeping over tonight,cause we are going to a function tomorrorw,so we will be leaving early in the morning and will not be home till the afternoon,so I am looking forward to that. I am feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. Be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 pm

I am doing alright. I wrote in my journal and then I took a nap. Both of those coping skills helped me alot. I am going to get things done,before my boy-friend gets here. NO SI so far,even though the thougts are still strong,I distract myself. That is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. Be back on later.taking care of myself :bcatsmile: