Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:08 am

I am doing alright. I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. Then I took a nap,cause I was so tired out. My boy-friend came over and we are watching t.v. and relaxing. NO SI so far,which is good. I am feeling pretty good. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:11 am

I had a good evening with my boy-friend,we watched t.v,and relax. He went home to get some sleep,and I will be doing the same soon,cause I have to get up early for program. I did not do any SI tonight,and that is great,even though it can be hard sometimes. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright and feeling pretty good. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow after program :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:29 pm

I am doing pretty good so far. I slept good last night and there was no SI either. I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. It has been a week or so without doing any SI and I am proud of myself. :star: I will be back on the bus later on. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi Candy, a week is great! You're right to be proud of yourself, because it can be hard sometimes. Take care.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:57 pm

I had a great day at program. I met with my therapist also and I found out that my boy-friend met with her without telling me,and he mention something to her about my behavior. I was soo hurt and crying,cause he could of come to me and told me himself,but he did not. I know that he was trying to help or he did not know how to tell me. I just wish that he would of told me,instead of her,cause I am going out with him. I am not mad at him,I am just hurt. I could understand if it was serious,but it was not. I feel horrible inside and I hope he does not do it again. It bothered me. I am going to be ok.I need time for myself before he gets here. I am going to be alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am feeling.NO SI so far, I will be going back to program on Tuesday,Wed,Thurs,cause I changed my schedule,cause the groups changed. I am going to relax and take care of myself. I will be fine. Be back later on. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:51 pm

aww :( maybe your boyfriend & you could discuss things that might make it easier for him to talk with you first?

hope your evening goes well :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:34 am

Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me. I agree with what you mention and that is what we planned on doing. I took a nap,cause I was tired and then my boy-friend is here. We are going to watch t.v.,and take it easy. I am doing alright and there is no SI so far. I am feeling pretty good and relaxed. The nap that I took help me alot. I am doing just fine. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 am

I am doing alright. I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we went out for awhile to visit some friends. I had a long talk with my boy-friend and we worked things out. My therapist made me feel horrible inside today when we had our talk,she made me feel like I was a lousy person,due to my illness. I need to work this out with her. I am soo tired still from the crying that I did. I did not do any SI tonight and that was not easy at all. I am glad that I did not do anything to harm myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to watch t.v.for awhile and go to bed,cause I am tired. I will be back on tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:57 pm

I slept great last night and No SI either. I am doing alright today. I have been doing things around my apartment,and later on I will write in my journal. I am feeling alot better than I did yesterday,and I feel more calmer too. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to be good to myself. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:44 pm

I am doing alright. I am keeping myself busy today, I did some work around the apartment,then I took a nap cause I was soo tired out. I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. I made dinner and then I did the dishes. I am feeling pretty good,just a little bit anxious,but I will be just fine. My boy-friend will be over later on. I am not sure what we are going to do tonight,but as long as I am with him, I am happy. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:35 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we just watch t.v.,and relax. He went home to get some sleep,and I will be going to bed soon myself. I have to go to my mother's in the morning for awhile and then the rest of the day is mine to enjoy myself. I did not do any SI tonight and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright and feeling pretty good. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:47 pm

I am doing alright. I went to my mother's for awhile to visit,and I just got done with putting my clothes away. I have things to do around here,but it will not take long. I am feeling pretty good. NO SI last night,it was not easy for me,but I fought the urges of SI. I will be going out with my boy-friend around 4pm,we have to go something place. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:41 pm

I am doing alright. I just took a nap,cause I was soo tired out and I needed some sleep. My boy-friend will be over around 3:30,and we are going out for awhile and then he is taking me out for dinner,not sure where. I am feeling pretty good. I will be writing in my journal and relaxing for awhile. I have been using my coping skills and it has been helping me,but I have my days where it is hard to use them,and I have to fight the urges not to do any SI,but I keep trying. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:37 pm

I am doing pretty good. I took a nap for awhile,cause I was so tired. Then I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot to get my feelings out. I am watching t.v.,and waiting for my boy-friend to get here. We are going out for awhile.He is getting a tattoo,then we are going out for dinner,and I am not sure if we are going visting or not. I am feeling pretty good and my moods are stable. I have not done any SI so far,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I do not know what time I will be home, but I will be back on later sometime. hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:43 am

:wavey: I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went out for awhile,we went to Walmart and then we went to Wendy's for dinner. We had a great time. I am feeling pretty good. We are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. NO SI so far. I getting cramps,so I know that my period is coming soon,and I get so moody around that time,besides that I am doing alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later :B-fly:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:58 am

I am just relaxing and watching t.v.,with my boy-friend. After he leaves to home,I will be going to bed myself,getting tired I had a great day today and I kept myself busy. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I am going to keep myself busy tomorrow and do positive things for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and using my coping skills which helped me alot. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:32 pm

I am doing pretty good. I am cleaning around my apartment and keeping myself busy. I slept good last night. I am going to use my coping skills and do positive things for myself. NO SI last night. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I do not have day treatment program tomorrow,cause I changed my days,so I have Monday off now,so I go Tues,Wed,Thursday instead,cause they changed the groups and I need a change. I will be just fine. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm

I am doing pretty good. I got alot of work done around my apartment. Then I took a nap,cause I was soo tired. I already had dinner and did the dishes. I have not done any SI so far,which is great. I feel pretty good and my moods are stable. My boy-friend will be over later on,not sure what we are going to do tonight. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to watch t.v.,and relax. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:42 am

I had a great evening so far. My boy-friend and I went out for awhile,we had a great time. We are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. NO SI so far. I am feeling pretty good and I am doing alright. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will write in it tomorrow,cause I have tomorrow off. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on before I go to bed. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:46 am

I had a good evening with my boy-friend. He just left to go home and get some sleep and I will be doing the same thing soon. I have tomorrow off,due to the fact that I change my schedule at program. I have cleaning to do tomorrow and then I am going to write in my journal. NO SI tonight, that is great. I will also do something positive for myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright and I am hanging in there.I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile: