Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:30 am

I am having a great evening with my boy-friend,we just wanted t.v.,and relax. I am doing alright and feeling so-so,just have cramps and I feel bloated from it. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going. I have not done any SI today,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be going to bed after my boy-friend leaves,cause I have to get up early for program. I will be just fine. I have been using my coping skills today,and it has helped me alot,which is great. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow when I get home. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:24 am

After my boy-friend left,I ended up slipping with SI,and I know what triggered it,it was my mother's verbal abuse,and it just got to me that I kept it in side for soo long and did not talk to anyone about it,the only person that I did talk to was my boy-friend,but it was still bothering me so much. I feel terrible for slipping,but I also have to forgive myself. To remember tomorrow is a new day. I will be talking to my therapist about it tomorrow. I will keep myself safe and take care of myself. I love my mother,but not the way she treats me,she knows how I feel,but she does not listen,I need to make some changes for myself. I will be just fine. I will be back on tomorrow sometime after program. hanging in there :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 pm

I had a good night sleep. I am getting ready to go to program and I am looking forward to going in,then I will talk to my therapist. I am going to have a great day. I still feel bad about slipping with SI last night,but I know that slips do happen. I am taking care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on when I get home :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:11 pm

I had a great day at program,and I real good talk with my therapist,she told me to really exercise the next time I feel like doing SI,and that would be a great ideal,she helped me alot. I am writing in my journal and then I have a few things to do,then afterwards I will lay down till my boy-friend gets here. I am doing alright and I am hanging in there. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am not sure what I will be doing later on,but I will find out when my boy-friend gets here. I am taking care of myself right now. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi Candy, sorry things were tough with the si and all. Exercise is actually a great idea, I might borrow that one myself. I hope the rest of your day goes well, and you have a nice time with your boyfriend. Take care.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I already wrote in my journal and it helped me alot,then I took a nap,cause I was soo tired. My boy-friend and I are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. Tomorrow I have cleaning to do and then my nurse is coming over to do my medication,so I can sleep in tomorrow. I am hanging in there and taking it easy. I will be just fine. I know that I have been having a rough time,but I will get through it. Thanks again. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:23 am

I had a good evening with my boy-friend,he just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon myself. I did not do any SI today,that is great. I have cleaning to do tomorrow,and then my nurse is coming over to do my medication,afterwards I am going to do things that are positive for me. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:56 pm

I had a great night sleep. I am almost done cleaning my apartment,and my nurse will be over later on sometime. I am doing alright,just feel so tired out,due to my period. After my nurse leaves I am going to do positive things for myself. I am feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to have a great day. I will be back on later on :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 pm

have you & your therapist talked about ways of dealing with your mom?

:wavey:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:40 pm

:wavey: Thanks for the messges that you sent me. My therapist told me to walk away from my mother and do some form of exercises when I feel like doing SI,and they are both great ideals. I have been taking it easy today. I did not write in my journal today,but I will tomorrow. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy.My boy-friend will be over later on. I just have bad cramps today. I am doing alright and feeling pretty good. I am looking forward to your letter. thanks. be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:40 pm

I am doing alright. I just had dinner and I am watching t.v. My mother was here and she started in on me,but I handle it pretty good,I went to another room,to cool off and get a hold of my emotions,and when I came out,she left,which was a big relef. I feel pretty good,just trying to relax. She can be sooo contolling and bossy,but I will be alright.That is why I came on the bus,cause it helps me alot. My boy-friend will be here in a little while and we are going to relax tonight. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to going. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. NO SI so far,that is great. I will be just fine. taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:00 am

I am having a good evening with my boy-friend,we are watching t.v.,and taking it easy.I am feeling pretty good so far,and I am doing alright. I have not done any SI tonight and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My mother is calm down since she was here earlier,and she called me for once,I did not call her. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. After my boy-friend goes home,I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow when I get home. Hanging in there. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 am

My boy-friend just left and I will be going to bed real soon. I wrote in my journal tonight,and I am glad that I did,it helped me alot. Here are two of my coping skills so far that I use:
:star: Writing in my journal
:star: reading
I have been trying to think of other things that I can do that will help me,even when winter comes and I can not get out. If any one has any suggestions please let me know. I am doing alright and hanging in there. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:45 pm

:wavey: I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I am getting ready for program,and I am doing good. I had a good night sleep .NO SI last night that is great. I will be just fine. I am going to have a nice day. I will be back on the bus when I get home :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 pm

I had a great day at program. The groups helped me alot. I am going to relax and write in my journal,then I am going to watch t.v. My boy-friend will be over later on,we are going out for awhile not sure where,but I will find out when he gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling better and my moods are more stable today,I always feel better after program. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:43 pm

I wrote in my journal and it helped me alot. Then I took a nap,cause I was tired out. My boy-friend is here and we are going out for awhile,not sure what we are going to do, maybe go shopping. I am doing alright and feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to have a great night. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it. I am doing just fine. I will be back on the bus before I go to bed :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:54 am

I did nave a good time with my boy-friend,we went up to Eastern Hills Mall,and then my behavior started,I got very frustrated with myself,and I started to punch my head in the mall, I have pulled my hair before,and I never done this behavior before,and I hope this does not upset anyone,sorry if I do,I am very scared and confused about this behavior. I started to cry and he made me feel better,he has been very understanding and supportive to me. I do not know what is going on with me,and it does bother me. I am not sure if my therapist will be there tomorrow,cause I think she is taking the day off,not sure,but there is someone I can talk to. I am very upset with myself right now.He just left to go home and get some sleep,and I needed to come here and talk about this. I am trying to relax and take it easy,cause I will be going to bed real soon,cause I have to get up early to go to day treatment program. I will be ok. I am sorry if I bothered anyone with this. I am hanging in there and taking it easy. If I have a hard time sleeping I will be back on,if not I will be back on tomorrow after program. I am going to keep myself safe tonight. taking care of myself. Be back on tomorrow after program. thanks for listening :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:52 pm

I had a good night sleep,even though I am not happy with myself,for what happen yesterday,but I will be just fine. I am getting ready for day treatment program. I am hanging in there. I just wanted to let everyone know how that I am alright. I will be back on the bus when I get home :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 pm

Hi Candy, I'm sorry that you're having a rough time at the moment, and I hope that everything works out ok for you. Maybe you can find some answers when you talk to your T about everything. Sending you hugs. :1hug:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I would talk to my therapist,but she was not there today,and I have tomorrow off,and she will be there. I just have been crying :cry: ,cause I feel so terrible inside for my behavior and I am scared for the way it has been going. I did not have a good day at program,but I would feel better if I had talked to her. I am hanging in there and taking it easy. I feel so alone and ashamed cause of this behavior. Again thanks alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to lay down and take it easy. My boy-friend will be over later on. I will be just fine :star: