will i ever?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

standingalone17
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

will i ever?

Post by standingalone17 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:20 am

get over all the stuff i have been thow and be able to cope with what has been done? How aobut you guys? can you guys cope? It is really hard adn i cry at night wishing and hopeing for answers... please share you story if you want....

oxoxSHALISEoxox
mabey i just forgot that i loved myself

:1_week_si_free: :1_week_si_free:

bright.eyes
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by bright.eyes » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:58 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling this way :( *hugs* - if ok
I don't really feel like i'm coping at the moment either, but there have been times when i've felt better. And for you, there will be times when you feel better about yourself and life, you just have to hold on.
Take care, hope you feel better soon :pinkstar:

nirvana
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by nirvana » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:28 am

hey... i thought about this for a long long time, and sortof came to a conclusion about it.

i wouldn't call it "getting over" things. i tried so long and so hard to forget about things that have happened, but i realized i cant. so i've decided to forgive, but not forget. if something hurt me at one point, chances are it will still hurt me whenever i look back on it. but i can't change the fact that it happened, and i can't worry about it. you can't change the past, (cliche'd, i know. whatever.) so don't hurt yourself trying.

it's also helped me to write down things that have happened to me, and how they made me feel. i don't try analyzing, just writing down the facts. and my emotions. after i've accepted the fact that the event happened, i can figure out why i reacted the way i did. that might help you, i'm not sure.

and, like bright.eyes said, sometimes, you'll feel better than other times.

if you'd like to talk more, please pm me.
love, tara.
i thought i was a fool for no one, but baby i'm a fool for you.

[safe since february 2005.]

Reflections
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Reflections » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:38 am

I cope much better now than I have over the last 6 years. I don't turn to SI for everything anymorel. So yes, I believe you'll be able to cope without SI someday. It just takes learning more healthy ways to deal with things and alot of practice and getting used to actually using them effectively.
~ i know that i am meant for this world / my life has been extrordinary / blessed and cursed and won. ~

Diamond Dog
building community
building community

Post by Diamond Dog » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:02 am

I don't think you ever "get over" things I think you deal with them and move on.

Right now I'm trying to deal too and it's hard.

PM me in you need to talk.
"I tried so hard to reach you
But you're falling anyway."

Listener
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Listener » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:58 pm

Time heals a lot of things, it just sometimes takes a while. You might not ever forget stuff, but there will come a point where it doesn't hurt any more.
When you're mad at everyone and hurt inside, just say help.