My friend did SI, No tolerance

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

callme_spike
one of us
one of us

My friend did SI, No tolerance

Post by callme_spike » Thu May 27, 2004 6:00 am

i guess i just need a little perspective on this situation, but one of my closest friends used to SI and when we met i helped her through a lot. Ive been cutting for a few years now, but she just gets mad at me and blames me for ruining are friendship. She acts like she never had done it and didnt understand it at all.
Im in the process of trying to quit and those of you who are cutting and have quit know that its hard, nad sometimes you have to keep trying even if you fail. Well this friend is living on the "one strike and your out" rule.
Does anybody have any advice to offer??
There is nothing that i can do for you, that you cannot do for yourself.

daria
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by daria » Thu May 27, 2004 7:15 am

Hi there.

Personally, I would call her on it. Nothing nasty, just remind her that "Hey, haven't you been through the same thing? Remember what it was like for you back then? Well, that's what it's like for me right now. Please, try to be more empathetic here." And if that doesn't work, then... I don't think that's a very healthy relationship to be in.

**hugs** I'm sorry she isn't being more understanding.
You'll find a place where you're beholden to no one
except yourself,
so let them come and see you standing naked
Full of passion, flowing inside out
into creation, becoming one with the present
So go get connected
unshackled essence
Let's f*ck away mortality, you might be independent
I want to get connected
so we can get electric
Then we'll set our souls free dancing into rapture
Immerse yourself in this moment...

Orange Crush
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Orange Crush » Thu May 27, 2004 12:07 pm

firstly :1hug:

I might be able to understand her point of view if she hadn't been through it all herself.
daria wrote:"Hey, haven't you been through the same thing? Remember what it was like for you back then? Well, that's what it's like for me right now. Please, try to be more empathetic here."
Thats good advice. If it doesn't make her be more understanding then she's not a very good friend.
~xMichellex~
My little empire
I :heart: :1hug:
4 days SI free

lost down here
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by lost down here » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:56 pm

could you maybe sit down with your friend and have a heart-to-heart over what's going on? maybe by sitting down and explaining your side of the story and your point of view with her one-on-one she might change her mind...all the best, let us know how it turns out